Rufus Wainwright - Out of the Game

drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
edited April 2012 in Other Music
NPR has the preview of Rufus Wainwright's new album here:

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/22/150736532/first-listen-rufus-wainwright-out-of-the-game

I am sorry to say, but if there's a good song on this album, I have not heard it yet. :( I loved his first four albums. Whomp, whomp, whomp!
drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I won't pretend to know much at all about Rufus Wainwright, but his version of Hallelujah that appears in the first Shrek movie is pretty awesome. And his father, Loudon Wainwright, is a very talented musician and actually a pretty funny bit part actor in several Judd Apatow productions. Loved him as the father in the show Undeclared.

Anyway, sorry to hear the new record is subpar.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • I couldn't even finish it, its really poor.

I'll give it another go sometime but i'm dissapointed after the first listen.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I couldn't even finish it, its really poor.

I'll give it another go sometime but i'm dissapointed after the first listen.

I didn't finish it, either. :(
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    First song wasn't bad. This was supposed to be his breakthrough album with Mick Ronson producing. I'll give my full review tomorrow, but I'll probably be biased. I dig his music.
  • mckaymckay Posts: 156
    he was just interviewed on CBC Q and played a couple of songs. I couldn't handle it...had to turn it off.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    gabers wrote:
    First song wasn't bad. This was supposed to be his breakthrough album with Mick Ronson producing. I'll give my full review tomorrow, but I'll probably be biased. I dig his music.

I really like his music, too. I just don't like this particular recording. :-(

Next!"