The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    It starts tonight. Should be a good series.....Toews coming back tonight is huge. This team was playing pretty damn good down the stretch and now getting their best player back. Hawks in 6.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Go Hawks?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Seabrook!!!!!!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    mca47 wrote:
    Seabrook!!!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    They better pull this off!!!!

I'm going to the game on Saturday....can't wait!! :D
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    lets go yotes :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mca47 wrote:
    They better pull this off!!!!

I'm going to the game on Saturday....can't wait!! :D

Awesome!
    Well that sucked last night. Gotta get some bodies in front of the net....Smith is going to make saves when he can see everything. Got killed in the faceoff circle as well. Still trying to figure out why O'Donnell was active...he brings pretty much nothing to the table.

Enjoy the game on Saturday mca! Hopefully you'll bring the Hawks some luck.
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    3 Game Suspension for Shaw?!! That's fucking crazy. Smith should be suspended for diving and terrible acting then.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Let's Go Hawks!

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Need this one tonight...
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    :fp: :fp:

UGGHHHH! What is it with this team?!! And how predictable was that outcome in O.T. (yet again)? They've been plagued by poor D play all year long and it comes back to bite them in the ass again....and we couldn't see this coming by pairing O'Donnell and Leddy together at the start of overtime? :nono: Compound that with shaky play from Crawford (how is that tan from the red light going off every other goal?) and the fact that we can't buy a goal on the PP, should we really be surprised by this result?

My wishlist for next year begins with a veteran goaltender (blueprint: hi St.Louis Blues) and at this point, anything that doesn't look lost on the blue line

Sorry guys, but i think we're done :(
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    We're definitely done. We give up waaaaaay too many pucks in the blue lines, creating odd man rushes, and Crawford couldn't make a damn save if his life depended on it. 19 shots on goal for PHX and we lose. He's just plain horrible. If we had a goaltender that was worth even half a shit, we'd've had 60 wins this year.

Also, total BS that Q gets fined for criticizing the officials for not making the call on the Hossa hit. I hate how in all sports - not just hockey - officials are granted total immunity. Make the right call in the first place and guess what? Q doesn't have to say anything. But whatever. $10k is pocket change.
    We're definitely done. We give up waaaaaay too many pucks in the blue lines, creating odd man rushes, and Crawford couldn't make a damn save if his life depended on it. 19 shots on goal for PHX and we lose. He's just plain horrible. If we had a goaltender that was worth even half a shit, we'd've had 60 wins this year.

Yeah, it's not looking good. Same bullshit that has plagued this team all year. Shaky D and goaltending are not a recipe for success. And the power play is fucking terrible. Leddy took a terrible angle on that play in OT, but Crawford HAS TO make that save....2 games in a row with Crawford giving up a soft goal in OT to lose the fucking game. So brutal.

#1 priority this offseason has to be a goalie. Another quality D-man would be nice too. Keith and Seabrook can't play 60 fucking minutes a game.
    Awesome win last night. I don't know if we will win the series, but I definitely see a game 7. I don't see how the Hawks could lose 3 straight playoff games at home, but anything can happen in these playoffs. Nice to see Toews step up with the OT winner.
    I'll be at the game tomorrow, so hopefully they win.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    I'll be at the game tomorrow, so hopefully they win.

Nice...enjoy the game. Hope you bring home a W tonight!
    Wow. What a pathetic effort that was last night. But it's the same shit that has hurt this team all year. Absolutely pathetic power play, questionable goaltending and shaky defense. A lot of changes are needed with this team although I'm not sure how flexible they are with the salary cap. Extremely disappointing to go out like that....to lose 3 games in a row at home in a series is just plain awful.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the salary cap.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=11

assuming their is a season and the system stays about the same
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    lawn-chair1.jpg

:mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    as a hockey fan, this was a great series when you have five of the six games going to OT. but i am sure for hawks fans this series was pure agony.

luongo to the hawks in the offseason, you heard it here. ;)
    rival. wrote:
    as a hockey fan, this was a great series when you have five of the six games going to OT. but i am sure for hawks fans this series was pure agony.

luongo to the hawks in the offseason, you heard it here. ;)

Brutal series.

Luongo to the Hawks huh? :nono:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Originally I was defending the guy.... But it is pretty obvious he is waaaay too immature and has a drinking problem that he needs fixed. if he doesnt, his career will go down the toilet.

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstruct ... in-madison

Reconstructing Patrick Kane’s Drunken Weekend In Madison, With Eyewitness Testimony
    On Monday we showed you photos of a soused Patrick Kane in Madison, Wis., and then we asked you if you knew more about what happened while Kane was there. We had heard some bad stories—that Kane supposedly choked a woman, that Kane supposedly said anti-Semitic things—and we wanted to know if other people had, too.

But what, after all, is boozy truth? The chronologies in our Kane tale do not perfectly cohere, nor do the narratives of the events. But you ignore them at your own peril. Did Kane choke a girl? Is he an anti-Semite? Who knows? Dive in.
    Friday night:

I live in downtown Madison, and I go to the Kollege Klub (nickname "KK") often. The KK is where a lot of the athletes go to drink/pick up chicks. Especially the hockey players, they are there every Friday/Saturday night. Kane was there Friday night as well.

I was there around 7pm for some afternoon drinking. It wasn't very crowded, but Kane was there. He was sitting on top of the bar in the back corner drinking (very similar to when he visited the Kollege Klub last year and nearly arrived late for the NHL All-Star Game). I then went out to dinner about 2 blocks away, and when I was walking out, I saw Kane, completely wasted, being dragged back to his hotel by two bros. It was roughly 9:45 pm. Basically, Kane was a drunken shitshow all weekend.

So a buddy and I were casually sitting at the same bar you have him passed out in, the Kollege Klub, on Friday and Kane was there with his cronies. He showed up sober but was blacked out an hour later when this picture was taken (attached).

Kane came in at around 9:30 pm and he could barely stand. He got kicked out about 2 hours later for being blackout drunk and generally being the biggest asshole in the bar.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Originally I was defending the guy.... But it is pretty obvious he is waaaay too immature and has a drinking problem that he needs fixed. if he doesnt, his career will go down the toilet.

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstruct ... in-madison

Reconstructing Patrick Kane’s Drunken Weekend In Madison, With Eyewitness Testimony
    On Monday we showed you photos of a soused Patrick Kane in Madison, Wis., and then we asked you if you knew more about what happened while Kane was there. We had heard some bad stories—that Kane supposedly choked a woman, that Kane supposedly said anti-Semitic things—and we wanted to know if other people had, too.

But what, after all, is boozy truth? The chronologies in our Kane tale do not perfectly cohere, nor do the narratives of the events. But you ignore them at your own peril. Did Kane choke a girl? Is he an anti-Semite? Who knows? Dive in.
    Friday night:

I live in downtown Madison, and I go to the Kollege Klub (nickname "KK") often. The KK is where a lot of the athletes go to drink/pick up chicks. Especially the hockey players, they are there every Friday/Saturday night. Kane was there Friday night as well.

I was there around 7pm for some afternoon drinking. It wasn't very crowded, but Kane was there. He was sitting on top of the bar in the back corner drinking (very similar to when he visited the Kollege Klub last year and nearly arrived late for the NHL All-Star Game). I then went out to dinner about 2 blocks away, and when I was walking out, I saw Kane, completely wasted, being dragged back to his hotel by two bros. It was roughly 9:45 pm. Basically, Kane was a drunken shitshow all weekend.

So a buddy and I were casually sitting at the same bar you have him passed out in, the Kollege Klub, on Friday and Kane was there with his cronies. He showed up sober but was blacked out an hour later when this picture was taken (attached).

Kane came in at around 9:30 pm and he could barely stand. He got kicked out about 2 hours later for being blackout drunk and generally being the biggest asshole in the bar.

good stuff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    nothing compared to Saturday:

Saturday morning:

The party at Kappa Sig got kicked off around 8am. My friend (coincidentally the largest Kane fan) noticed him from across the back patio and ran over to talk to him etc. I had no clue who he was at the time, and have never seen my friend jersey chase. He is a 6'7" ex badger bball player and typically it was the opposite around Madison.

My friend got numerous pictures taken etc. but I lost interest and wanted to focus on 18 y.o. tail bc that was the reason for returning to my alma mater. Time went by, cops came then left and the party kicked into a higher gear. Kane was getting more and more pics with girls this time once the word got out at how good/famous/hammered he was and "standing right over there OMG!"

Kaner was pulling down girls sun glasses and then going "ehhh, not good enough " just straight being a douche right to their faces. Pretty strong move if you can pull it off.

According to one friend he was 'ridiculous' and was just 'pulling random girls to him' and making out with them.

Here are some photos of him there. (This is not the girl that he choked)

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full size
    Kane got kicked out of the Kappa Sig party I was at for trying to choke a girl. It took 10 of us to push him and two of his buddies out of the house. He hung around outside and then disappeared into Kappa Kappa Gamma with some hot sorority girls. He was very very drunk. Also, he drinks beer like a girl. He moves his whole arm up to his mouth and sips it.

[Ed.: like this?]

Full size
    I was at the frat party Pat Kane attended on Saturday afternoon. First off, he wasn't even supposed to be there, he had been hooking up with the frat president's girlfriend, a junior, over the past year, and had even gone so far as to jet her around the country. Despite this, he showed up anyway and proceeded to get blackout drunk. Later, he relentlessly began hitting on a girl who wanted nothing to do with him—his response to this denial, attempt to choke her, which is what ultimately got him booted.

He got the boot from Kappa Sig for choking this girl and then ppl jumped on him and his boys and kicked his ass out. Not that choking is ok, but if i was 23 and had that contract ....

I was at a frat last Saturday where Patrick Kane spent a lot of his day before going to the KK. He was really enjoying himself there and thought he would get a little friendly with a young lady. Kaner thought it would be a good idea to choke a girl, like both hands around the throat choking. She immediately freaked out and started screaming, which drew a lot of attention. He was immediately thrown out by the frat boys and thats when he probably went to the KK, which is right down the street from frat row.

In general, besides the choking, he didn't seem like a terrible guy, and was pretty willing to let people talk to him and take pics.

The same WI lacrosse player in the red tank pushed him over and told him and his friend to leave. Kane got a hand in his face a few times but left willingly. There was some shouting and swearing at each other on the way out through the house, stuff like "you ain't shit!" haha

I have about 10 videos and dozens of photos on my phone of Kane going crazy at Mifflin. Including 1 5 min video where he falls, gets up, chokes a guy out, gets kicked out then fights a couple guys and walks up the stairs saying "you're nothin!". perfect quality.

I love Kane and Hate to do this to him but...make me an offer.

[Ed.: We offered him $12.50. He declined.]

I have a video of Patrick Kane at Kappa Sigma getting kicked out. It is my video and I actually follow him as he's getting kicked out of the house. A fight almost breaks out while a screaming match is going on. I will not accept anything under $5000 for this video.

[Ed.: We also offered him $12.50. He also declined.]

Saturday afternoon:

Kane and bunch of friends came into the Kollege Klub around 12:30 pm and once again he was blackout drunk. This time he passed out on the bar and then in a booth.

Full size
    That was the picture I got of him... When he walked in I asked him who he thought would win the NYR game (was there with a few other fans).. he was wasted and being a sarcastic dick, could tell he said capitals would win only after looking at my nyr shirt, i asked him what he thought of Henrik Lundqvist and he said sarcastically that hes not that great and hes decent. He was asked by another fan why he was hating on Henrik. Kane asked the Rangers fan if he would suck Henrik's **** and made the motion with his hand at which point i told him there was a reason we (the rangers) were still on TV and he wasn't, he kissed a bottle of beer as if to kiss the stanley cup and i told him to enjoy golfing and left.

[Correction: we originally listed this story as happening at night. It was in the afternoon.]

We kept seeing Kaner's crew (all had the shirts on and same blue hat) at the KK all day. I was there from about 2-5pm. His crew would swing by, get high fives but were relatively well behaved compared to what they were up to at Kappa Sig before.

Later in the day around 5:30 pm he got in a confrontation with a group of guys over a some supposed anti-Semitic comments he made towards one of the other guys. I was working at the door and they were talking to each other in front of me and across the street. I couldn't really hear what was being said but it looked like a fight was going to break out but the cops showed up and threatened to arrest Kane and then he walked away.

After the police intervened, they were very serious about wanting to arrest Kaner. Fortunately for him, the other party in the quarrel was being equally as abusive to the cops. It turned into much more of a "everyone just get out of here" thing instead of anything more substantial. I promise you one thing, Patrick did have tears in his eyes. I wouldn't equate it to a full out sob, but it was absolutely in the whimper/misty category. I have attached a picture of him sulking. He quickly disappeared.
    Full size
    Saturday night:

I was also at the Kollege Klub on Saturday night. I don't know much, but I did see Kaner dragged out by two of his bros before midnight.

I heard he got kicked out of 2 bars on saturday, and also saw a girl ashley that he banged later that night, so hot.
    Let's keep in mind this is all from deadspin.com. Not exactly the New York Times here. With that said, Kane needs to start using his head. I don't think he has a drinking problem....he's 23 years old and likes to party...nothing wrong with that. He just needs to be way smarter about it....
    Let's keep in mind this is all from deadspin.com. Not exactly the New York Times here. With that said, Kane needs to start using his head. I don't think he has a drinking problem....he's 23 years old and likes to party...nothing wrong with that. He just needs to be way smarter about it....

pictures

rumored vids that i suspect will surface in the near future.

eye witness's reports from 20 some odd people

i have no problem with him partying, but you gotta be smarter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I believe it is a problem because he cant be smarter about it. The taxi cab thing should have been a wakeup call that he needs to be smarter than a typical 22 year old college drunk. He has an entire brand to protect. If things like Deadspin are going to continue to "make stuff up", he needs to stay away from these situations.
    All these accounts make it appear he is towing the line of ending up front page contraversy again. Choking girls, anti-jewish remarks, encounters with police, etc...

Just the shirt he was wearing screams douchebag

Here is a Chicago Tribune Column on it.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ro ... 180.column