Options

Amazing Athens 9-30-06

omniomni Posts: 1
edited December 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I don,t know if Pearl Jam always perform the way they did in Athens but I do believe that something out of the ordinnary happened in there.I,m not a fanatic of P.J. but I was blown by the directness those guys had. It's something I thought I would never see again ,I thought that a crowd and a band could not communicate the way it happened that night.There was a vibe in the air since beat 1 and it just grew biger. I believe this happened both ways and P.J. were also taken by this.I thought that a crowd of 200 and not 8.000 or so could have this kind of interaction at a gig. Even today I have the gig running in my head-it doesn't let me go. I couldn't listen to music for 3 days,believe it or not ,that much socked I was!! I feel lucky and honnored I was in there that night and felt the way I did .Of cource all the credit goes to Pearl Jam and if you guys are reading this a big thank you to you!
I would like to hear from other fans of Pearl Jam about this and whatever else.
Stathi,Soundman,Musician,39
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DananDanan Posts: 94
    Hi there

I'm a Greek Kiwi. I headed over for the 3 shows in Melbourne. I had been waiting since 1998 (my first time) to see them again. Before i went to Australia I downloaded the Athens show 2 (my first download of the year). I have to tell you, it was something really special to hear Pearl Jam play somewhere that had waited so long to see them, and especially that I was in Athens for the first time at the start of this year (on a trip with young part greek people from South America, South Africa and Australasia).

Anyway, just wanted to say this show gave me Peaarl Jam chills that I hadn't had for a few years. I'm really happy to hear how special it was for you to be there. I have images of the show in my head too!

Na Se Kala
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    glad u loved the gig... but that boot drives me nuts :S
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    :triumph:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    A reason for Pearl Jam to come back to our beautiful country (Eddie said so, not me) after 10 years: Be the first band to fill the air of the Nikos Galis (stadium? - formerly known as OAKA Sports Hall) with nice melodies. And while we're at it, you could also add a second night and play at the second basketball arena (the Nick Galis Hall) in Greece being named after the FIBA Hall of Famer.
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    11 years ago to the day... :smiley: