THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I think we can assume it wasn't always airborne. Otherwise all those dead people in the cars would have become zombies. Maybe it mutated after the initial outbreak. Or maybe as the number of zombies increased the air became more polluted with their zombie cooties, I don't know. But at one point in the outbreak it was possible to die and not come back, but not anymore.

I figured the dead people in the cars were catatonic zombies. Like the pilot episode, the soldier in the tank.

Just waiting to wake up.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    kwdaley wrote:
    Can someone please tell me where I can find a safe, reliable site on the net where I can watch streaming video of tonight's episode?? There are times (like tonight) where I can't catch it on tv and have to search for it online.

Thanks!

Sorry. I don't know of any. I have Comcast so when I miss it I watch On Demand.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/th ... d465754521

I think it costs, though...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I think we can assume it wasn't always airborne. Otherwise all those dead people in the cars would have become zombies. Maybe it mutated after the initial outbreak. Or maybe as the number of zombies increased the air became more polluted with their zombie cooties, I don't know. But at one point in the outbreak it was possible to die and not come back, but not anymore.

I figured the dead people in the cars were catatonic zombies. Like the pilot episode, the soldier in the tank.

Just waiting to wake up.

Could have been, but they never did wake up, even when Carl was fucking with that dudes knives or machete's. I think they were just dead people.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Could have been, but they never did wake up, even when Carl was fucking with that dudes knives or machete's. I think they were just dead people.

See, even back then Carl was an annoying little fucker.

:x
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Just waiting to wake up.

Been trying to figure out the people in the cars too. And also wondered why the military were shooting the living in Rick's hospital. Maybe because they knew they were infected (at least the general population) and thought that by killing most everyone they could stop it. Maybe there are some public officials or some group somewhere that aren't infected.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Just waiting to wake up.

Hmmm..I might have to go back a re-watch some stuff. I need more flashbacks. What's the time difference between when Rick gets shot (zombie-free world) and when all shit breaks loose? I know Shane mentioned earlier that at first it was just a few random cases and then it became rampant pretty quickly...if it spread this fast that would follow more of an airborne theory as well.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....

See, even back then Carl was an annoying little fucker.

:x

Now that he killed zombie Shane I'm going to give him a second chance. I was about ready to take him off in the woods and snap his neck Randall style though.
  • kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    kwdaley wrote:
    Can someone please tell me where I can find a safe, reliable site on the net where I can watch streaming video of tonight's episode?? There are times (like tonight) where I can't catch it on tv and have to search for it online.

Thanks!

Sorry. I don't know of any. I have Comcast so when I miss it I watch On Demand.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/th ... d465754521

I think it costs, though...

Thanks! Completely forgot about iTunes.
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It looks like this swarm of zombies headed for the farm will most likely trash the farm house and change the setting for Season 3.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    afroannnie wrote:

Just waiting to wake up.

Hmmm..I might have to go back a re-watch some stuff. I need more flashbacks. What's the time difference between when Rick gets shot (zombie-free world) and when all shit breaks loose? I know Shane mentioned earlier that at first it was just a few random cases and then it became rampant pretty quickly...if it spread this fast that would follow more of an airborne theory as well.

There is a thread on a TWD message board that goes into infinite detail on a timeline. I got lost in all of the detail - touch of ADD I think. But it had to be a short time period based on the analyais of how long Rick could lie in bed in a coma without total muscle atrophy, the IV bag running out, Shane's flowers drying up, etc. etc.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    It looks like this swarm of zombies headed for the farm will most likely trash the farm house and change the setting for Season 3.

...and I am fine with that!

Yes, time for a change. If they were going to kill Shane, they should have kept Randall. I think he would have been an interesting character.

Yes, time for a change. If they were going to kill Shane, they should have kept Randall. I think he would have been an interesting character.

I think he would have gotten annoying, though _ he was so clearly two-faced.

I will miss Shane's psychosis and his overly fleshy earlobes.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    afroannnie wrote:

There is a thread on a TWD message board that goes into infinite detail on a timeline. I got lost in all of the detail - touch of ADD I think. But it had to be a short time period based on the analyais of how long Rick could lie in bed in a coma without total muscle atrophy, the IV bag running out, Shane's flowers drying up, etc. etc.

Thanks! I'll have to check that out!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    WOWOWOWOWOWOW...THAT'S AN EPISODE!!! HOLY SMOKES
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I will miss Shane's psychosis and his overly fleshy earlobes.

Well, he's riding shotgun now with Dale in that big RV up in the sky.

Walking-Dead-Dale-Shane-1329117286.jpg
    WOWOWOWOWOWOW...THAT'S AN EPISODE!!! HOLY SMOKES

I was prepared to dislike after the Lori-and-Shane scene by the tower, but the last half... yikes!

Off to bed to try to sleep. I know I will be seeing that herd of zombies coming over the hill in my nightmares...

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    i need time to process this airbourne or everyone already has the virus

such an interesting new take on my love of zombie movies

zombies coming!!!!!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

zombies coming!!!!!!!!

Well, you have a week to process it, get busy.
    tumblr_m0mrs85k1t1r5d224

zombies coming!!!!!!!!

Well, you have a week to process it, get busy.

i love this chat right here...quite a few people have a clue ;):mrgreen:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Shit is about to get real....welcome back zombies, we have missed you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Do you people not read my posts.... :lol:

Season 3 is about twenty miles south
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hold on a minute _

What happened to Daryl and Glenn?!?

Are they wandering in the woods with all those zombies?!?

When Rick and Shane were having their intense discussion in the field, I kept thinking, "Any second now, one of Daryl's arrows is going to fly clean through Shane's head."
    Michael Zegen (Randall) and Jon Bernthal (Shane) in a play together in college. He had him in the perfect position to snap his neck then, should have done it and saved himself the trouble later.

424125_318105708238623_100001175889435_827772_1491832207_n.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Do you people not read my posts.... :lol:

Season 3 is about twenty miles south

half the people in here are walkers :lol::lol:

i wonder who we lose next week..has to be someone???

i wonder who we lose next week..has to be someone???

Dale's RV gets bitten and turns into a walker

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9pN_tT8_n3J-DVYdVV7-zMKbEXHxabiBFUMMciiSII4bzQRJBQdmw_M47
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Hold on a minute _

What happened to Daryl and Glenn?!?

Are they wandering in the woods with all those zombies?!?

When Rick and Shane were having their intense discussion in the field, I kept thinking, "Any second now, one of Daryl's arrows is going to fly clean through Shane's head."

i was thinking this too, but it might have been a too obvious saving. i liked the knife to the gut.

i thought the four of them wandering off a night to find randall was a little too risky in my opinion. obviously not knowing what shane did, all they knew was he was alone, in the middle of the woods in the pitch black, not having a clue where he was.

i would have let him go and looked when the sun came up.
  • kwdaley wrote:
    Reposting this request as it got lost at the bottom of a page...

Thanks!

itunes or the amc website.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited March 2012
    :o WTF? did not really see that coming. When Shane and Rick were arguing I did think Carl was gonna come down and shoot Shane (when he was alive). Then you kinda though he was gonna kill his dad for killing shane.

As far as Randall and Shane becoming zombies after they die, i have no fucking clue.

Season finale next week :D
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD