Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• a lot of times...
    Recently "Come back" creates me big emotions...
    A couple of months ago one of my best friends went into a deep coma and every single nights, when I arrived at home, I loked at the PJ20 video version of Come Back... and started crying.
    But it was good. It helped me to work off my pain...
    Now my friend is good...
    You know something's left
    And we're all allowed
    To dream of the next time we touch..
  • and where can you watch-the fans are alright?
  • every time i hear Release at a show and sometimes just listening to it non- concert related... also Indifference usually gives me a lump in my throat.
  • SOOOOOO many songs man!
    Strength in individuality
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7x4ko-dD-U#t=2m19s

she lies and says she still loves him. wow
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    too many times to count
  • PJ has made me cry many times.

Cried at Alpine Valley last year actually when Cornell and PJ sang "Say Hello 2 Heaven" and that's the only song on this earth that makes me think of my only brother who I lost in a car accident when he was 22 years old. Got wrapped up in the entire moment and experience - just totally lost it.

Also cried the very first time I heard "Release" during the last verse - you can just hear Eddie crying out in that song and chokes me up all the time.

Recently, "Given To Fly" has made me cry because it makes me think of my boyfriend. There are lines in the song that just speak to me and make me think of him (also a huge PJ freak like me) and it hits home.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • hell yeah. i think it's the lethal combo of the raw emotion in eddie's voice and the deep guitar riffs. i'm an empath though. sometimes i just find i get caught off guard and a bit from a song connects with me and I get a tear rolling down.
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    My mom died 5 months ago and since then, I´ve been crying to Release. Also when Eddie sings "I´m open" and "Man of the hour" on the Water on the Road dvd... And when I heard Come back from the San Fransisco concert in 2006.

This summer I´ll see PJ for the first time, and I´m thinking I might have to bring some Kleenex. :roll:
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • wishlisa76 wrote:
    My mom died 5 months ago and since then, I´ve been crying to Release. Also when Eddie sings "I´m open" and "Man of the hour" on the Water on the Road dvd... And when I heard Come back from the San Fransisco concert in 2006.

This summer I´ll see PJ for the first time, and I´m thinking I might have to bring some Kleenex. :roll:

Very sorry to hear about your Mom :( But on a better note, you'll definitely cry at your first Pearl Jam concert. It's a surreal experience. Enjoy it to the fullest and take it all in :)
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Too many times to count...most recent was during Unthought Known at Alpine. It wasn't the only song that made me misty eyed those two nights thats for sure, but when Eddie sang

'fill the air up with love...oh black w/starlight' I had tears flowing.
  • There must be alot of ugly cries (ones where people lose themselves) at PJ concerts :)
  • SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    I can't remember what song Ed was introducing (I think it's on Live at the Garden DVD??) but I got all teary when he said something like "there's proof that dreams can be a good thing..."

Also when he talked about going to New York for the first time and seeing his reflection in a window and New York in the background... I think that was MSG '10 before Life Wasted (or -reprise). That was a really cool moment. Thank god for Youtube. ;)
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    next summer...and during Black...will be hard ,not to cry..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SOOOOOO many songs man!
    Exactly - both tears of joy and tears of sadness!
    wishlisa76 wrote:

Very sorry to hear about your Mom :( But on a better note, you'll definitely cry at your first Pearl Jam concert. It's a surreal experience. Enjoy it to the fullest and take it all in :)

Thank you.

And yes, I bet many people cry at PJ concerts. How could we not? Tears of joy, of happiness, of sadness and the shock that hits you... when you hear EDDIE VEDDER´S VOICE LIVE. :shock: Seems like heaven to me :lol: I have loved music all my life, but PJ certainly makes me feel everything very strongly through their music. :thumbup:

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • tears of happiness, tears of sadness.. both :)

Man of the Hour, Black, Nothingman, Given to Fly, Light Years and Come Back are probably the ones that make me cry more often
  • lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    Comeback, Long Road, and when I saw EV at Beacon Theatre play Throw your Arms Around Me with Neil Finn. These all made me cry. :roll:
  • Black. Benaroya Hall version. I almost cry everytime I hear it. It's.. soooo.. beautiful..
    And I'm new to the 10c btw :) Hi everybody!
  • pjkevin wrote:
    Black. Benaroya Hall version. I almost cry everytime I hear it. It's.. soooo.. beautiful..
    Hi 'pjkevin', welcome to the boards...and a great name Kevin :!:
  • Not cry, but when I'm at a show and they play a song you want to hear, get goose bumps and the hair on my arms stand up, very moving, very powerful.
  • gibsonguitarsgibsonguitars Canada Posts: 18
    Yes, lots of times, but for some reason "rearview mirror" did it for me instantly the first time I heard it. The song brings up a lot of emotions from my past that I can't quite explain.
  • pjkevinpjkevin Posts: 9
    The Oracle wrote:
    pjkevin wrote:
    Black. Benaroya Hall version. I almost cry everytime I hear it. It's.. soooo.. beautiful..
    Hi 'pjkevin', welcome to the boards...and a great name Kevin :!:

Thank you! And yeah, it sure is :P
  • LS221577LS221577 Posts: 4
    My brother-in-law and I both are/were obsessed with Pearl Jam, sadly Sunday he passed away unexpectedly. We saw 7 PJ shows together including Lord VEDDER's( our nickname for EV) solo tour last May, we had 10th row seats. What an amazing experience our last time seeing him together.
    Porch was Tony's ( my b-i-l) favorite song. We heard it live twice. My favorite song is Release and we never heard it live. Other favorites of both of ours was Crown of Thorns, Immortality I could go on and on. Pearl Jam will make me me laugh and cry forever and ever. Last thing.....we were fortunate enough to see PJ20 in the theatre and after the movie we both got 3 crooked hearts w swirls all around tattoos - Smile.
    LS221577 wrote:
    My brother-in-law and I both are/were obsessed with Pearl Jam, sadly Sunday he passed away unexpectedly. We saw 7 PJ shows together including Lord VEDDER's( our nickname for EV) solo tour last May, we had 10th row seats. What an amazing experience our last time seeing him together.
    Porch was Tony's ( my b-i-l) favorite song. We heard it live twice. My favorite song is Release and we never heard it live. Other favorites of both of ours was Crown of Thorns, Immortality I could go on and on. Pearl Jam will make me me laugh and cry forever and ever. Last thing.....we were fortunate enough to see PJ20 in the theatre and after the movie we both got 3 crooked hearts w swirls all around tattoos - Smile.

I am so sorry for your loss. :( Take care.

• Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    LS221577 wrote:

I'm sorry for your loss as well! The tattoo will be a sweet reminder of those memories.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Yes, many times. I try not to hear a few of their song's when I'm around folks. But at the live PJ/Ed show's, it's hard not to break out in tears. Least at the show the fan's are looking towards the stage (hopefully), so you can sweep those tears away.
  • Release makes me cry almost everytime because I lost my father at a young age. Also, Just Breathe gets to me now and then.
    Missy Mouse
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Crystal the PistolCrystal the Pistol Houston, TX Posts: 140
    Like Eddie I grew up thinking my stepfather was my biological father... I did not find out the truth about my biological father until I was 21 years old and I loved Pearl Jam WAY BEFORE I found out about this secret... Pearl Jam's music spoke to me on so many levels and helped me at a time in my life when I didn't even know I needed help. After I found out the truth one of the first things I thought about was Eddie... At that moment it made perfect sense, it was like the missing puzzle piece... When I hear Release I tear up, every time... When I hear Pearl Jam preform Release live I cry... like a baby.
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016