Peace Shirt

Comments

• rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ed must have a stash of these, can't be the same shirt can it? He's had it on for at least 3 of the last 6 PJ shows I've been to LoL

:lol:

random, but i can't help to think of how eddie packs before he goes on a tour. literally brings one pair of pants and two shirts. i wonder if he travels carry on only? ;)

especially during the longer tours in the past (binaural, riot act), the guy is in the same outfit for 120 consecutive shows.

who does the band's laundry when they are on the road?

i really wonder about these random behind the scene things sometimes.
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hmmm, ok I got a reply from Quicksilver. I contacted Quicksilver Aus & they said it's a Quicksilver US tee so I'll try contacting them.....
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    morello wrote:
    Hmmm, ok I got a reply from Quicksilver. I contacted Quicksilver Aus & they said it's a Quicksilver US tee so I'll try contacting them.....
    let us know :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    rival. wrote:
    ral wrote:
    Did you hear from the band's lawyers or Quicksilver's lawyers? If the band's lawyer/management are behind this, it's pretty funny given the abundance of "tribute" designs they've used in recent years. Off the top of my head, they've had a ton of sports logo shirts, the Molson shirt last year, and the Built to Last logo that bears a strong resemblance to the Independent Trucks logo.

don't agree with the peace shirt dispute, but it's silly to compare that to pearl jam using sports logos, beer logos for their concert apparel. only because i am sure they paid a pretty penny to use those images.

it is a perfect comparison. I do remember there being an issue at a few shows with the band/ten club/whoever, not having proper permission to "mock" sports teams logos. I love the ten club AND the boys, but SOMEBODY is not always in the right. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    hmm does anybody have a pic of eddie wearing the shirt??
  • Constant Recoil...Constant Recoil... Posts: 1,276
    edited January 2012
    Post edited by Constant Recoil... on
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    edpeace.jpg
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I think Ed bought their entire stash AND the original proof and is making these for himself :lol::lol:

Either that or I wanna know how he washes it and yet preserves the shirt's shape and colour. My favourite Ts barely last a year :cry:

MSG1 2008
    2616524455_dac91f786b_z.jpg?zz=1

Hartford 2010
    4613637019_4ecac45284_z.jpg

Alpine 2 2011
    6125144807_9b3fc02276_z.jpg
    edited February 2012
    StillHere wrote:
    morello wrote:
    let us know :)
    I've done a 'contact us' from the Quicksilver US website so I'll let y'all know if/when I hear from them.

e.t.a. they haven't replied. Guess I'll try e-mailing them again....
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Suziemay wrote:
    I think Ed bought their entire stash AND the original proof and is making these for himself :lol::lol:

Either that or I wanna know how he washes it and yet preserves the shirt's shape and colour. My favourite Ts barely last a year :cry:

MSG1 2008
    2616524455_dac91f786b_z.jpg?zz=1

Hartford 2010
    4613637019_4ecac45284_z.jpg

Alpine 2 2011
    6125144807_9b3fc02276_z.jpg

he definitely has more than one..or three...some are blue and gray, some are blue and tan, some are lighter/darker
    i love this shirt, and not just cuz ed wears it
    its perfect!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    cool any updates?
  • I dig this shirt. I want it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I finally got a reply from Quicksilver when I chased this today howvere they didj't actually answer my question. I asked:

I'm looking for a t-shirt Eddie Vedder often wears that I've been told is a Quicksilver shirt. I can't see it in your product list on your website & wonder if you still have any in stock.
    http://www.grammy.com/photos/eddie-vedder-0
    If you could let me know if it's available at all would be great.

They replied:
    Thank you for your interest in our Quiksilver shirts. Most Quiksilver fashions sold on our website are unique to the season and year in which they are offered. Once the availability of a particular item has been depleted, it is not replenished in that same color. In the meantime, we offer new fashion items every month and present entirely new collections every season. However, the product you are looking for may be available in a Quiksilver store near you.

So, they haven't really actually answered my question. I really doubt every shirt they make sells out. I've sent them another message so we'll see. :)
    <hr>
  • morello wrote:
    I finally got a reply from Quicksilver when I chased this today howvere they didj't actually answer my question. I asked:

I'm looking for a t-shirt Eddie Vedder often wears that I've been told is a Quicksilver shirt. I can't see it in your product list on your website & wonder if you still have any in stock.
    http://www.grammy.com/photos/eddie-vedder-0
    If you could let me know if it's available at all would be great.

They replied:
    Thank you for your interest in our Quiksilver shirts. Most Quiksilver fashions sold on our website are unique to the season and year in which they are offered. Once the availability of a particular item has been depleted, it is not replenished in that same color. In the meantime, we offer new fashion items every month and present entirely new collections every season. However, the product you are looking for may be available in a Quiksilver store near you.

So, they haven't really actually answered my question. I really doubt every shirt they make sells out. I've sent them another message so we'll see. :)

Nice job for getting a reply! I'm sure you will get to the bottom of this someday :)
    Oh jeez, got another reply & they just don't seem to 'get it', to get what I'm asking but anyway, it would appear they don't have any, or aren't interested in 'looking in the back room' so to speak to see if they have any leftover stock.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We looked through the Tee section of our website and could not locate a shirt that was similar to the one showed in the picture. Unfortunately, if it was available on Quiksilver.com it is now out of stock. Since we are the online store, we do not have access to our land based store's inventory and would not be able to locate it in a retail location. However, one of our stores may have it available, so please use the below link to view our store locator which will contain contact information for our stores.
    http://www.quiksilver.com/storeLocator2/index.jsp"

I really, really highly doubt any of the stores in NZ will have the same tee Ed wears but maybe I should ask them, exhaust all avenues so to speak. Ha ha.
    <hr>
    Your persistence is admirable, morello :D However, I don't think the regular customer service folks you are getting through the website (I think that's how you are contacting them, correct?) would know about a shirt they once used to carry, nor would they try to find out.

You might have a shot if you look up someone who works for Quiksilver on LinkedIn and then send them a message. Not sure what department they would need to be in; maybe marketing or even design?
    Oh grrrr, I think I've done quite enough actually, :o especially considering I'm on the other side of the world from where the t-shirts ever existed!! :lol:8-) However I do tend to get a bit like a dog with a bone so you've probably goddam put that idea in my head now..... ;) I've e-mailed the shops here just to check the boxes with trying all avenues & then I'll see how I go. Will keep people updated. :)

Oh & I'm not in linkedin & also it's customer service's business to help a possible customer resolve any enquiry they have so that's kinda crap if they only look right in front of their faces. Anyway, see how I get on.....
    <hr>
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    morello wrote:
    Oh grrrr, I think I've done quite enough actually, :o especially considering I'm on the other side of the world from where the t-shirts ever existed!! :lol:8-) However I do tend to get a bit like a dog with a bone so you've probably goddam put that idea in my head now..... ;) I've e-mailed the shops here just to check the boxes with trying all avenues & then I'll see how I go. Will keep people updated. :)

Oh & I'm not in linkedin & also it's customer service's business to help a possible customer resolve any enquiry they have so that's kinda crap if they only look right in front of their faces. Anyway, see how I get on.....

Why do you want the shirt so badly? It's not like it's his. There are a ton of cool Peace Sign shirts.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    morello wrote:
    I know, just would hate to see you try so hard pursuing an avenue that has very little chance for success. Not for lack of effort on your part, I just haven't had much luck with customer service folks. It would seem less painful to bang my head against the wall repeatedly.
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Suziemay wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I know, just would hate to see you try so hard pursuing an avenue that has very little chance for success. Not for lack of effort on your part, I just haven't had much luck with customer service folks. It would seem less painful to bang my head against the wall repeatedly.

If it isn't on the website, customer service will not be much help. If they were experts on the products thery wouldn't be in customer service.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    FYI, the cafepress.com Peace stencil shirt can be had for 30% off with coupon code GAELIC30. Good enough for me. In for one in military green (I like the paradox). I fully expect my hubby will confiscate it for his own.

http://www.cafepress.com/+stencil_peace_dark_tshirt,184098366

Now if I wear it to an EV show and he's wearing the same shirt will that be weird? ;)
    (assuming that I'm anywhere near the stage for him to see it)

Cheers,
    KJ
    That's quite a cool one. I gave up on the other & yeah, if we want a peace sign t-shirt I'm sure there are plenty out there.
    <hr>
  • aennilaennil Posts: 415
    Just saw an old episode of Weeds yesterday. Andy, one of the characters wore the exact same Quicksilver t-shirt as Eddie, and i immediately though of this thread.
    So i did a bit of Wikipedia'ing: it was season 3, episode 12, which was showed for the first time in october 2007. That means that the t-shirt is probably more than 5 years old and there is probably no change of finding it in a store anymore.... :(
    Hope some of the other cool peace t-shirts will be just as cool
    aennil wrote:
    Just saw an old episode of Weeds yesterday. Andy, one of the characters wore the exact same Quicksilver t-shirt as Eddie, and i immediately though of this thread.
    So i did a bit of Wikipedia'ing: it was season 3, episode 12, which was showed for the first time in october 2007. That means that the t-shirt is probably more than 5 years old and there is probably no change of finding it in a store anymore.... :(
    Ed must have several of this shirt as he wears it a LOT!
    <hr>
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    morello wrote:
    aennil wrote:

If he buys shirts like I buy pants/shorts, he'll go in a store and buy 3-4 of the same exact thing.

:)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • aennilaennil Posts: 415
    morello wrote:

imagine his suitcase, filled with nothing but the same t-shirt... :P -didn't he wear it almost every night on the European Tour?
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 646
    I created my own "custom" shirt through cafe press.com. I guess you say it helps that I'm a graphic designer! :D
    I'll let you know how it comes out when I get it (just ordered it). This is the preview:

2737537040060565108S600x600Q85.jpg
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    susannj wrote:
    I created my own "custom" shirt through cafe press.com. I guess you say it helps that I'm a graphic designer! :D
    I'll let you know how it comes out when I get it (just ordered it). This is the preview:

Great work!

Looks awesome :D
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    susannj wrote:

Looks very close:

pearl_jam_1941613.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    ^^^ Very cool. Definitely let us know how it looks when you get it(got it?) & if there's any possibility you would share the artwork for others to pick one up. :)
    <hr>