Options

Benaroya vinyl # thread (again!)

Comments

• Options
    MN282585MN282585 Posts: 115
    There was Sold number 0372 in eBay Last evening (German Time)!

But if i Trust the List, 0372 is Jamainiac's boxset...
    Which should i Trust?
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Nobody can help? :-(
    Has anybody a possibility to contact jamainiac to bring light into ?
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    1373 here.
  • Options
    146 for me, happy to have helped with the Tsunami Relief Auction. I own a Vinyl shop and we keep it in a case behind the counter that says NOT FOR SALE. We generally start the day by spinning the red circle, spin spin. About once a week someone comes in the shop and has a "Holy Shit" moment and begs and pleads, but I shall never break! One dude brought in $1,500.00 CASH, put it on the counter and said "I want That" and pointed at my Benaroya. I politely slid the money back to him and told him he could use that money to buy some Neil Young or The Band. He huffed and pulled out ANOTHER thousand, making it $2,500.00. I kindly told him that I would crack open the safe and sell him a Beatles Mono First State Butcher Cover of Yesterday and Today. He took his $2500.00, had a few choice words about "never coming back" and F this and F that and then departed empty handed. As he was kicking open the door to my shop, I kindly mentioned to him that $2500.00 would go a long way towards drowning his sorrows at the bar across the street. Well, he didn't find that too funny....The Police arrived about 3 minutes later to retrieve the gentleman from underneath my boot. He got charged with Felony Battery (he tried to hit me with the "Take a penny, leave a penny jar" :lol: and destruction of property. He did 90 days, all over a record. How silly. More consumption at any cost. I bet he works for the Government and buys $500.00 toilet seats and $200.00 pencils. I'm pretty sure he had Green Disease. So now the sign above the display says "NOT FOR SALE" and just below that it says "This is what happened to the last guy that asked", with an arrow pointed at the mug shot (public record) of the aforementioned gentleman. It gets a laugh from people, especially the PJ people. I have the best job ever! Viva La Vinyl
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    146 for me, happy to have helped with the Tsunami Relief Auction. I own a Vinyl shop and we keep it in a case behind the counter that says NOT FOR SALE. We generally start the day by spinning the red circle, spin spin. About once a week someone comes in the shop and has a "Holy Shit" moment and begs and pleads, but I shall never break! One dude brought in $1,500.00 CASH, put it on the counter and said "I want That" and pointed at my Benaroya. I politely slid the money back to him and told him he could use that money to buy some Neil Young or The Band. He huffed and pulled out ANOTHER thousand, making it $2,500.00. I kindly told him that I would crack open the safe and sell him a Beatles Mono First State Butcher Cover of Yesterday and Today. He took his $2500.00, had a few choice words about "never coming back" and F this and F that and then departed empty handed. As he was kicking open the door to my shop, I kindly mentioned to him that $2500.00 would go a long way towards drowning his sorrows at the bar across the street. Well, he didn't find that too funny....The Police arrived about 3 minutes later to retrieve the gentleman from underneath my boot. He got charged with Felony Battery (he tried to hit me with the "Take a penny, leave a penny jar" :lol: and destruction of property. He did 90 days, all over a record. How silly. More consumption at any cost. I bet he works for the Government and buys $500.00 toilet seats and $200.00 pencils. I'm pretty sure he had Green Disease. So now the sign above the display says "NOT FOR SALE" and just below that it says "This is what happened to the last guy that asked", with an arrow pointed at the mug shot (public record) of the aforementioned gentleman. It gets a laugh from people, especially the PJ people. I have the best job ever! Viva La Vinyl
    I would probably take the $2500 and then see if he was interested in some custom toilet seats. :shock:
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    726 sold $1375
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058

Why not take the $2500, buy another sealed copy, and have a little scratch left over? This is quite a bizarre story from several angles.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    pjl44 wrote:
    Why not take the $2500, buy another sealed copy, and have a little scratch left over? This is quite a bizarre story from several angles.

Maybe because it has a lot of sentimental value for him? Being bought for the tsunami relieve cause may add some weight to it.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    arq wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Maybe because it has a lot of sentimental value for him? Being bought for the tsunami relieve cause may add some weight to it.

Indeed. Not everyone has the green disease
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Amazing story and what a dick. He definitely proved himself not worthy of owning that record
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    boyo79 wrote:
    arq wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Indeed. Not everyone has the green disease

It's prominently displayed behind a glass case that says Not For Sale and people beg and plead for it all the time. I guess I missed the sentimentality in the story.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 694
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    bought #208 from bmwweirdoguy
  • Options
    got # 372 / 2000 today from Petr.
    Thank you so much...my Holy Grail...i love it
  • Options
    Longest RoadLongest Road Posts: 264
    edited November 2011
    Not bizarre, its a love for the music, not the item. The item has no value. $1.00 or $1,000,000.00. The music is the value. (I'm buddhist). If we all just loved the music and not the delivery mechanism, it would be pure and true. Its all just stuff, useless stuff that you will not be able to take with you. You will however, have your good karma for doing well and loving others, and just loving the music because it is pure and true and filled with love from the band. That is why the music is priceless. I would give you the vinyl, if you just asked nicely. I'm serious, I really don't care about the item itself. I care about its contents. But I suspect that people will come in and ask nicely, which they have, but not for the true and pure love of the music. They wanted to consume the vinyl. I listen to it every morning, because I love the music, not the record. Get it?
    Post edited by Longest Road on
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

BIZARRE??? IT'S THE GREEN DISEASE. What about this surprises you? And what angles do you speak of?? I own #146, and it is a part of my vinyl shop, which I also own. Not only that, but it was a tsunami relief auction piece, so I know the money went somewhere good. I am buddhist, and have no need for his money. I love it because the music is a part of me, and my shop. I have worked hard to even keep my vinyl shop above water, but I will NEVER sacrifice my values for money or greed. Clear?
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    At long last you can finally add Irish Al to this list....number 1222

:lol::D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    Irish Al wrote:
    At long last you can finally add Irish Al to this list....number 1222

:lol::D
    :-D :clap: :thumbup:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    #1472 , apparently iamarhino and I have the same #. Bought thru ten club.
  • Options
    yieldtothepjyieldtothepj Massachusetts Posts: 54
    #1838 from 10C
  • Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Not bizarre, its a love for the music, not the item. The item has no value. $1.00 or $1,000,000.00. The music is the value. (I'm buddhist). If we all just loved the music and not the delivery mechanism, it would be pure and true. Its all just stuff, useless stuff that you will not be able to take with you. You will however, have your good karma for doing well and loving others, and just loving the music because it is pure and true and filled with love from the band. That is why the music is priceless. I would give you the vinyl, if you just asked nicely. I'm serious, I really don't care about the item itself. I care about its contents. But I suspect that people will come in and ask nicely, which they have, but not for the true and pure love of the music. They wanted to consume the vinyl. I listen to it every morning, because I love the music, not the record. Get it?

+1 :clap:
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,272
    edited December 2011
    Another update including the posts from page 22 onwards. Including the two that are not numbered there's 455 listed here so there's still a lot that are unaccounted for!

I've taken out the ebay ones as they were listed years ago

auction@tenclub.net: Tsunami relief aution, autographed
    0002: backseatlover's buddy, signed
    0017: Vedder's_Telecaster
    0088: QuarterToTen
    0141: Tsunami relief auction
    0142: Tsunami relief auction
    0143: Tsunami relief auction
    0144: Tsunami relief auction
    0145: Tsunami relief auction - Mccreadyaholic
    0146: Tsunami relief auction - Longest Road
    0147: Tsunami relief auction
    0148: Tsunami relief auction - Frank Gibson
    0149: Tsunami relief auction
    0150: Tsunami relief auction - Timdog

0153: bootlegger10
    0155: jesterinlove
    0160: uwofunk
    0163: Betterman
    0164: 100 Pacer *SIGNED*
    0167: breizh
    0173: reisgericht
    0179: brianjones
    0197: vacatetheword
    0201: clotam200mg
    0202: ACCBootlegGoddess
    0204: Adam
    0206: Angela
    0208: Benaroya44
    0211: Shelle
    0212: NJPJfreak
    0215: johnie5
    0226: HeSAliTTleOut
    0227: Dirty Tom
    0228: OceansMagnet
    0229: mrgoose13
    0230: Foo4Everlong
    0233: StyrofoamChicken
    0234: PJamFan
    0234: Bubba
    0236: Indifference
    0239: Smarter_Than_U
    0240: Schmakt
    0245: Spookycat
    0248: cropduster0628
    0249: J
    0250: small town beck
    0252: katellis
    0253: MookyB
    0254: amfglobal
    0254: I'D RATHER BE

0255: Revolver
    0256: malice
    0262: goldrush
    0263: camaros
    0267: Get_Right
    0281: RrrrrrredBelly
    0293: chicagoJam
    0300: pjmom
    0301: raystrey
    0304: rante
    0311: Glen
    0312: BCbte
    0315: pj4ever
    0316: 7h3humungus
    0323: rjwhite19
    0324: vedder4prez
    0327: yoyo
    0335: JN180032
    0336: jkc4118
    0341: cowboydanp
    0344: goat
    0348: Duncs
    0349: donraven
    0362: In Tressel We Trust
    0370: Keela
    0372: MN282585
    0378: Dissident70
    0380: hrd2imgn
    0381: AstroFan
    0388: just_b
    0389: StandByThewShor
    0392: sigh eternally
    0393: vinceinhiding
    0396: 1prljmfn
    0398: formerly ferniegirl
    0399: johnwis
    0401: tormod
    0402: edvedr13
    0406: EscapeIsNever
    0408: giventofly
    0410: mbowers
    0414: anakin_pdx
    0418: Dr. Delight
    0427: Snoopy Died For Our Sins
    0440: artjam
    0422: benbomb3
    0425: sullen
    0427: it'sevolutionbaby
    0428: bobasfeet
    0434: KING_OF_GAMES
    0435: andydick8
    0440: artjam
    0445: sureshot
    0453: Beyond
    0460: F5
    0465: tdlftdaporch
    0466: cincinnati dude
    0468: corduroyz
    0473: Drowned Out
    0475: longroadfan
    0476: LedbetterthanPb
    0480: Mongolian_Connection
    0484: Brain of Josh
    0487: OrangeBug
    0489: nomorecrackpipes
    0498: LSYNERGYS
    0499: leep75
    0500: shinkdew
    0505: sporock
    0506: try_again
    0508: jeffbr
    0509: Whitenuttman
    0511: dstnd2rmbr
    0516: Jason P
    0519: Papercuts!
    0520: saucy language
    0523: London Calling
    0526: Flips
    0534: Quebec fan
    0538: beachy
    0540: soldier.of.love
    0541: PJfan9110
    0552: arq
    0557: leash
    0562: Thecrownofthorns
    0566: tommyphillips
    0580: Smile110580
    0586: eddiev
    0594: sultryevening
    0598: knitted
    0604: Ontheflipside
    0606: BrokenGlass
    0607: ReaganLeaguer
    0608: jmacd
    0608: radar
    0615: CanadianEH
    0615: Lenz

0620: waitforthedream
    0626: LeatherMosquitoMan
    0628: vedhead001
    0637: NewJPage
    0639: mrk2
    0642: olderman
    0661: satanman
    0662: Don Quijote
    0665: jessie0228
    0667: efroten
    0675: hailhail82
    0681: giventofly3337
    0688: Mrs.Vedder78
    0691: GoBucky
    0700: Off I go
    0705: sadprofessor
    0706: Smallest Ocean
    0710: Maverick
    0711: spotinthesky
    0724: Red Mosquito
    0725: Saddam
    0726: Meijin
    0739: monkeyboy
    0752: McCready00
    0754: Boomer
    0755: MaryePearl
    0756: civ_eng_girl
    0757: Etnix
    0758: AMENt TO THAT
    0759: Guitarhero27
    0760: oppie1
    0761: strongmendieyoung
    0764: SPEEDY BOX TURTLE
    0766: blackjaw
    0767: c4lukin
    0767: foucault

0770: youngster
    0771: Mike Gossard
    0773: LoveToDance
    0775: RiotAct10
    0777: blackjaw
    0782: gregkitfan
    0790: OnceDivided
    0797: corduroy10
    0802: NMyTree
    0812: Dr. J
    0814: olikatie
    0815: massiveozpjfan
    0817: Elusive
    0829: Clone
    0837: Brad2010
    0840: Mongolian_Connection
    0842: IamMINE
    0843: empty_canvas' sister
    0848: flaskehals
    0849: burning-candle
    0850: MurphyJesus
    0852: Zara
    0856: driftingangel3
    0858: dimitrispearljam
    0868: Larry Zisstans
    0873: SCRIBLING C-MENT
    0874: The Anti-Santa
    0877: Zod
    0878: ElPhantasmo
    0881: Paulomax
    0887: Big Green Country
    0890: Rival In Hiding
    0892: Clone
    0895: spread_the_jam
    0895: hasigawa

0896: hail_halo
    0897: brainofe
    0898: jdavis
    0906: Crazy Marcus
    0913: vic in t.o.
    0915: typist
    0920: Duff_Man
    0923: reblfan
    0927: She0nceBelieved
    0928: Ilium
    0937: Savvy Ape
    0941: NoCode416
    0943: binger
    0954: theresalight
    0955: NeilJam
    0960: moloko21
    0967: State of Love is a Must
    0971: PJLuis
    0979: minislowcar
    0991: PJDoll
    0993: FgoJammer
    0996: AndySlash
    0999: Gimme Some Skin
    1000: Mitchell613
    1001: thesavageguy
    1002: tradingmagicforfact
    1005: Milhouse Van Houten
    1012: bobafett
    1021: Porchsitter
    1027: suns22
    1029: Chicagone
    1032: Hookem
    1037: Deadman
    1039: a5pj
    1043: PerfectlyUnkept
    1052: BornToRun86
    1055: nuthingman3
    1060: Uninvited Guest
    1061: whgarrett
    1066: heave
    1068: VicSpeed
    1076: frogwater75
    1078: BeerBaron
    1098: muschology
    1100: aspoonfulweighsaton
    1107: Red Ink
    1109: YoungJam35
    1112: don't_go_on_me
    1115: parasolmonster
    1116: Elvistheking44
    1119: Ron Dayvüe
    1129: Atomic Punk
    1130: pjtaper
    1147: truant
    1154: JR@2FT
    1150: Of The Girl
    1166: Primussucks
    1167: moe0227
    1168: Artificial Red
    1169: moemoe6434
    1173: Vitalogy
    1174: Solat13
    1177: szcz16
    1180: jdavis
    1181: nuthead25
    1182: natureboy46
    1183: rhinomagic
    1190: serpent boy
    1191: onejourney
    1193: ScotInAmsterdam
    1196: northcountrygirl
    1197: owen meany
    1222: Irish Al
    1223: Chrissyb
    1227: empty_canvas
    1228: darkstar
    1228: given_tofly

1230: arq
    1234: Markiemark70
    1235: thefrenchconnection
    1237: PushMeResist
    1238: Kani
    1239: bettatest
    1240: demetrios
    1244: nutty75
    1245: inexhaustible
    1247: perhaps
    1253: Sando
    1260: tymonnomyt
    1261: Zjoske
    1266: littlegraz
    1267: Urujam
    1268: spyder
    1270: Duluth_pj_fan
    1280: mycoco
    1289: JR@2FT
    1290: sometimes i fall
    1296: psycosmic
    1319: 2-feign-reluctance
    1324: dangerboy
    1328: Brain of C
    1332: Ensign9
    1332: Lyre

1342: GhostBoy
    1345 theserialthrilla
    1348: mirrorboxer
    1349: eddie's tone rocks
    1350: moegossard
    1358: Johnny Wong
    1367: igotid88
    1368: NOTHINGFAN
    1373: kc2917
    1376: tazww
    1379: CatKiller
    1383: pjsteelerfan
    1385: zagreb
    1389: lukin
    1391: rorrim_weiv_raer
    1394: LetMeSleep
    1401: tremorvoid
    1406: jermel
    1409: yirmumah
    1411: LadyM
    1420: balwal
    1421: Vedder1029
    1429: Smitre
    1435: nocode71
    1438: PearlJamaholic
    1439: jbrownie
    1442: He_Who_Forgets
    1444: SENROCK
    1446: ChincaGrunge
    1448: releaseNY
    1452: choices
    1459: bisepost
    1462: Cordelia
    1463: hippiemom
    1469: blindsoup
    1472: Norman
    1475: - Restless Soul -
    1476: rucchin
    1478: granparocks
    1488: jsk
    1491: Lizard
    1495: With man gone
    1501: BinFrog
    1502: tml148
    1508: snowrider04
    1514: 13pj13
    1519: Vedrtek
    1550: ninjake79
    1552: AirJordan23May
    1562: antaydos
    1564: coach pj
    1573: PJam26
    1577: HangtownPearlJamLover
    1579: dirt
    1581: smhondl
    1591: PJterp
    1593: Vedderman23
    1597: Etnix
    1604: ledjam
    1606: farfromglorified
    1608: lukin14
    1609: travellingman
    1610: kingmatt
    1614: Passim
    1622: grooven
    1624: thumbinmyway
    1624: InMyTree33

1626: all4PearlJam
    1634: FAITHFUL PJ FAN
    1647: dsanquenetti
    1651: tgwhiteh
    1660: Lukin2Not4You
    1664: PJROCK75
    1676: cordurology
    1681: the_fur
    1683: Bissy77
    1684: Strangest Tribe
    1695: dakiti
    1696: skinnypig
    1699: LearnYourVoice
    1700: xero79
    1701: jsk
    1714: Chicagone
    1723: monkeewrench
    1725: washed in black
    1731: pearljim
    1737: wolfbear
    1742: EdVedHed
    1769: OceanStone
    1773: Icarus
    1787: PJ 4 Ever
    1794: red_mosquito
    1800: MrsRedMosquito
    1801: wtfisaledbetter?
    1838: yieldtothepj
    1847: tribejammer05
    1848: prytocorduroy
    1866: evolution10
    1871: bambam87
    1874: Umbertotamba
    1876: eddies middle finger
    1878: KudzuKiller
    1888: pjscreamer
    1890: Pearl Jam
    1891: wnh1977
    1896: HatTrick
    1901: HollisBrown
    1902: wthekiller
    1903: aNiMaL
    1904: Paradajzar
    1905: redkeeth
    1917: Wes C. Addle
    1920: Capricorn Sister
    1924: Monyc
    1930: Pke
    1934: goldenboy8167
    1940: seattlepj
    1942: TheLongRoad
    1945: Ender
    1950: MayDay10
    1954: Black13
    1955: crjb1978
    1963: TheLongRoad
    1967: djsmoot
    1978: Travelar
    1980: brygon01
    1985: silent t
    1986: dave grolsch
    1990: Hooter Honker
    1993: Garner
    1994: truant
    1997: halv
    2000: empathic7
    no number: mulder11
    no number: gregory1
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    I have 1997. Bought from 10C.
  • Options

whats with "no number"

does that double the value?
    lol
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    1323 - Yellow Bedwetter - bought many months ago on the bay
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    0672 - Bookshelf. Also bought on the electronic bay.