Options

All my records on ebay $0.99 starting price MORE ADDED 10/18

moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
There will be a lot more added in the next week or so including all the 10CL xmas singles so keep an eye out, but here is what is posted so far. Search for thegodfather! as the username.

And just as an FYI to find a user on ebay: you can click on "advanced" just to the right of the search button which will take you to a new page, then just click on "by seller" and then type in the username.

Eddie Vedder - Into The Wild - ORIGINAL PRESSING - UNOPENED - vinyl LP Peral Jam :shock:

Volcom Single: :shock:

Vitalogy:

Ten:

Avacado:

Riot Act:

Lost Dogs:

It has come to the point where my records are just taking up space and I don't listen to them so they have to go.

Just added:

Pearl Jam - backspacer - vinyl LP - back spacer - not white
Pearl Jam - xmas 1995 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 1999 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 2003 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 2004 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 2005 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 2006 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 2007 - TEN CLUB christmas single
Pearl Jam - xmas 2008 - TEN CLUB christmas single
"If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    first of all, good luck w/ your sale. secondly, you could have offered them here with prices & they would have sold very quickly. and lastly, your post will be deleted b/c it contains links to eBay.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hmm, did not know ebay was taboo.... I will fix it.
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    C'mon man, make $10 less and offer them up for sale here to some fans who want them.

Put them on eBay and the likely outcome is some flipper is going to buy them, take better pictures, write a better description and resell it.

I'd be interested in Avocado.
  • Options
    pumpz81pumpz81 Posts: 214
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    C'mon man, make $10 less and offer them up for sale here to some fans who want them.

Put them on eBay and the likely outcome is some flipper is going to buy them, take better pictures, write a better description and resell it.

ditto

riot act if you decide to go this route
    05-03-2010 Kansas City, Missouri 05-04-2010 St Louis, Missouri 09-22-2012 Atlanta, GA (Music Midtown Festival) EV 11-09-2012 Austin 1 11-11-12 Austin 2 11-16-12 San Antonio
  • Options
    This rout is better. And you can charge the proper amount for shipping instead of the limited $4. And nobody charges you 10% at the end of the month.
  • Options
    BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 286
    i'm down for lost dogs and into the wild.....do it!! screw the 'bay! (not sf, relax everyone,haha)
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    yo! You're in Mechanicsburg! Pull those things from the bay, I'll come over and pick them up.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    SwBkRn44 wrote:

I concur, and you don't offer shipping to Canada on you ebay link :cry:
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    I'd be happy to take the 91 xmas single off your hands before you have to deal with the bay. :)
  • Options
    Sorry, I had to cancel that Into The Wild auction and create a new one. There was a typo in the title.
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    Sorry, I had to cancel that Into The Wild auction and create a new one. There was a ypo in the title.

why not cancel them all and give it a few days on here. see what doesn't sell and then post on ebay>?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    moemoe....

give this forum a shot. i'd cancel all of the auctions & post prices here, but that's me. it's your stuff.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    shame you didn't put it on this board
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    Sorry, I had to cancel that Into The Wild auction and create a new one. There was a typo in the title.

Cancel them all, you've got Avocado, Riot Act, Into the Wild and Lost Dogs sold right here.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I would take a bunch of Christmas singles off your hands if you sell them here.
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    im looking for let me sleep and riot act. id pay/trade green money and/or a pj20 ames
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    C'mon dude! I completed my PJ vinyl collection via this forum! Lost Dogs won't let ya down!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    or if you want to a poor pearl jam fan some vinyl to make him happy that'd be awesome. (i'm talking about me to be clear)
  • Options
    How do people on know if they have a white vinyl B/S copy without opening it?

I bought mine during the presale...
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    im confused.

everyone on lost dogs says "PUT A PRICE ITS IN THE RULES" and accuses you of being a flipper if the price is too high then when you stick it on ebay where the highest bidder (YES BIDDER> Auctions get you a FAIR PRICE) everyone tells you to sell it without putting up a price.

ridiculous.;too many people seem to think you can buy items at less than face value "just because im on this forum ergo I cant be a flipper, I must be a real fan" and we ALL know the face value of those items....

keep em on ebay, sell em to the highest bidder and enjoy...
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    How do people on know if they have a white vinyl B/S copy without opening it?

I bought mine during the presale...

oh you dont. I had to open mine.... :(
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    im confused.

everyone on lost dogs says "PUT A PRICE ITS IN THE RULES" and accuses you of being a flipper if the price is too high then when you stick it on ebay where the highest bidder (YES BIDDER> Auctions get you a FAIR PRICE) everyone tells you to sell it without putting up a price.

ridiculous.;too many people seem to think you can buy items at less than face value "just because im on this forum ergo I cant be a flipper, I must be a real fan" and we ALL know the face value of those items....

Some of the posts on here make no sense.

Someone suggested not putting it on ebay b/c the flippers will get them and sell them for higher. Economics 101 would tell you that a flipper will not buy it at market value if that is all he can get it for. You can only "flip" if you buy it at a lower value. I would be more suspect of people lowballing on here of flipping because that is how it is done.

Another suggests that I should take a $10 hit and sell them here. So if I have 20 LPS, I am supposed to take a $200 hit? Sure. How about I post them on here for $10 higher than market value and let you "take a hit".

I really don't understand the ebay whine. People will only pay so much for an item and that is it, and if anything it is only hurting me as the seller paying the ebay and PP fees.

Here is another example, I had no idea of the value of some of these.... Honestly, I have just been a collector, never cared about the value in the past. In particular, Avocado. I probably would have asked for $15 plus shipping. I just GAVE AWAY a copy of that 2 years ago to someone because I had 3 copies. I thought they were of no value so I gave it away, now I realize that person I so kindly gave it to is probably flipping it.

I started them all out at $0.99, bid on it until you are no longer comfortable and stop. No one is forcing you to buy them.

And if you want to know why I am selling, my wife is expecting and I need to get rid of stuff to make room for the new addition to the family.
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    hostis wrote:
    im confused.

Someone suggested not putting it on ebay b/c the flippers will get them and sell them for higher. Economics 101 would tell you that a flipper will not buy it at market value if that is all he can get it for. You can only "flip" if you buy it at a lower value. I would be more suspect of people lowballing on here of flipping because that is how it is done.

Another suggests that I should take a $10 hit and sell them here. So if I have 20 LPS, I am supposed to take a $200 hit? Sure. How about I post them on here for $10 higher than market value and let you "take a hit".

I really don't understand the ebay whine. People will only pay so much for an item and that is it, and if anything it is only hurting me as the seller paying the ebay and PP fees.

Here is another example, I had no idea of the value of some of these.... Honestly, I have just been a collector, never cared about the value in the past. In particular, Avocado. I probably would have asked for $15 plus shipping. I just GAVE AWAY a copy of that 2 years ago to someone because I had 3 copies. I thought they were of no value so I gave it away, now I realize that person I so kindly gave it to is probably flipping it.

I started them all out at $0.99, bid on it until you are no longer comfortable and stop. No one is forcing you to buy them.

And if you want to know why I am selling, my wife is expecting and I need to get rid of stuff to make room for the new addition to the family.

ebay fees for selling records is ridiculous - 20% !

I prefer selling these kinds of things on this board and see if anyone here wants em first - i generally try and price stuff at whatever it may sell for minus ebay fees, I would never get these fees anyway, so i may as well give it to a board member, in the end, seller gets about the same amount - buyer gets a few bucks off, and ebay bastards gets to collect NO fees.

so for a $150 record, you the seller will only get $130 after fees, why not just sell it straight out here for around 130 or ?

but in the end its your stuff, do what you want :)
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    hostis wrote:
    im confused.

+1
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 286
    as someone who never sells things, and has bought things through both i thing moemoe makes some good points. my only thing is, and i may be wrong. i usually trust people on here more than on ebay. i've had people on ebay not send me said product. i've also heard of people on ebay driving up their own prices with other ebay accounts they have etc. but if you don't know the value, i think it's fair to start it at $.99 and have 'he who is willing to pay the most' get it. that is more fair than, 'the person who happens to be looking at the board at the right time and pm's me the fastest for the set price i may have listed (and you won't argue with even if you know your ripping me off).' if he wants to pay the fees, thats up to him and he probably has already taken that into account. not saying i would do it, but definitely won't knock you for doin it. jus cuz the masses are against you, doesn't make them right
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    hostis wrote:
    im confused.

completely agree. On ebay you place a bid up to the value you are willing to pay. Here everyone seems to be of the view that they should get it cheaper because they are on the forum. No chance. All my stuff is going on ebay soon for the same reasons as you so good luck with it all.

Oh, can I have lost dogs for20 as I'm a real fan because I'm on here. :-) jk.
  • Options
    Added 9 more records last night, still have a few more to put up.
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:

That was me who said that, and I'm actually an economist so I've passed 101 ;-)

My reason for saying that is that there is a science to ebay sales. Pictures, key words, etc. My good buddy has a sister who is a school teacher. She makes significantly more money each year buying ebay items that were listed with poor descriptions and pictures and then reselling them, than she does as a full time teacher. She does literally nothing to the actual items, just takes better pictures and writes better descriptions.

Now, maybe you are that savvy, and good on you. But, like someone else said, eBay is going to take a chunk of your money. If you know they generally sell for ~$150 and you're going to lose $10, why not offer it on here for $140.

I am not saying you should give anyone a special deal just because they are on this forum, just save yourself the fees and eliminate the possibility of the auction being sniped by an eBay pro.
  • Options
    Most of the LPs are ending tonight.... Some xmas singles are ending tomorrow and I still have a few more things to list yet.