The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    rcs wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:
    beerImg_pumpkins.png A tasty imperial Pumpkin from Howe Sound (located in Squamish) Love the fall seasonals!
    YUM!
    We should probably have some of that for Canadian Thanksgiving! :D
    I bet it goes great with turkey and pie! I will put a couple in the fridge...but none for me until the bird is served...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Not to brag or anything but I did 2 volunteer shifts this past wekend at the Great American Beer Festical in Denver. There were over 2400 beers from 466 breweries. I was a beer pourer in the mid-west section. I believe I got to sample just over 140 differnt beers over the 2 nights.

I hate to say that nothing stood out and made me go WOW!! Guess I'm jaded living in Boulder and having 9 breweries and or brewpubs within walking and or cycling distance. And so many more throughout the state. But I did like a bunch of the Michigan breweries including Bells, and Arcadia. Wish I had had more time to take notes.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Not to brag or anything but I did 2 volunteer shifts this past wekend at the Great American Beer Festical in Denver. There were over 2400 beers from 466 breweries. I was a beer pourer in the mid-west section. I believe I got to sample just over 140 differnt beers over the 2 nights.

I hate to say that nothing stood out and made me go WOW!! Guess I'm jaded living in Boulder and having 9 breweries and or brewpubs within walking and or cycling distance. And so many more throughout the state. But I did like a bunch of the Michigan breweries including Bells, and Arcadia. Wish I had had more time to take notes.

Bells is good. mmm as is Great Lakes

Goose island blows. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • So it appears the supply of Pumpkinhead is running out quickly. I went to 3 places today and all I could find were 2 twelve-packs. If you enjoy Shipyard Pumpkinhead and you are within their distribution range, grab what's left. They never make enough of that stuff every year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    anybody know anything about this pj20 beer?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So it appears the supply of Pumpkinhead is running out quickly. I went to 3 places today and all I could find were 2 twelve-packs. If you enjoy Shipyard Pumpkinhead and you are within their distribution range, grab what's left. They never make enough of that stuff every year.

seriously...does it taste like pumpkin?

do i need to pick some up?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    anybody know anything about this pj20 beer?

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/p ... estone.htm
  • 81 wrote:
    So it appears the supply of Pumpkinhead is running out quickly. I went to 3 places today and all I could find were 2 twelve-packs. If you enjoy Shipyard Pumpkinhead and you are within their distribution range, grab what's left. They never make enough of that stuff every year.

seriously...does it taste like pumpkin?

do i need to pick some up?
    Oh yeah. It's amazing 81. Served in a 22oz glass rimmed with cinnamon is a delight. I had never seen it served like that until a wedding we went to a few weeks ago. If you can find it, get it. My buddy just called me earlier and said there's none left at places west of boston.

edit: It's brewed in Portland ME, but it might be distributed to Chicago.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

you fuckers owe me 5 bucks...

after hearing all the "great" things about pumpkin beers

i tried the Pumpking

it was by far one of the worst beers i have ever had. that includes busch light, natty light and milwaukee's best.

absolute shit.

i could not finish it that is how bad it was....

i tried adding whipped cream to help it go down....nope....still god aweful....

i will NEVER EVER try anouther pumpkin beer so long as i live.

whomever inveted this crap should be taken out behind the brew house and beat

disgusting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Drinking this right now, such a delicious local brew:

WYLD_straight_rgb.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

WYLD_straight_rgb.jpg

never had it....but i'll wager it's better than pumpkin beers

i've got a chocolate stout in front of me...not bad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    81 wrote:

you fuckers owe me 5 bucks...

after hearing all the "great" things about pumpkin beers

i tried the Pumpking

it was by far one of the worst beers i have ever had. that includes busch light, natty light and milwaukee's best.

absolute shit.

i could not finish it that is how bad it was....

i tried adding whipped cream to help it go down....nope....still god aweful....

i will NEVER EVER try anouther pumpkin beer so long as i live.

whomever inveted this crap should be taken out behind the brew house and beat

disgusting

Really? I'm suprised at that. I have been drinking pumpkin all fall. Took me a while to get into it but I love it now. I didn't like it at all at first a couple years ago.
    Really aweful

If you like it....great.....but that stuff is shit in my book
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

WYLD_straight_rgb.jpg

never had it....but i'll wager it's better than pumpkin beers

i've got a chocolate stout in front of me...not bad

I honestly think pumpkin beers aren't that great. I like pumpkin a lot, I truly do... but I'm also a believer that just because it's fall and pumpkin is good doesn't mean that everything has to be pumpkin. It gets out of hand sometimes.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Funny, I don't like pumpkin but like pumpkin beer.
    Love pumpkin pie

Hate pumpkin beer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    when you don't have time for a full fledged tailgate, always opt for the golden monkey. few of those little guys and you're feeling kinda good heading into a game. :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I've been hooked on http://www.beeradvocate.com

I love looking for new brews to try.

To paraphrase Jimmy Fallon "Thank you craft beer industry for making my alcoholism seem like a cool hobby"

edit: I'm nursing the last of my Pumpkinhead 12 pack. I'm gonna miss you Pumpkinhead.
    I've been hooked on http://www.beeradvocate.com

I love looking for new brews to try.

To paraphrase Jimmy Fallon "Thank you craft beer industry for making my alcoholism seem like a cool hobby"

edit: I'm nursing the last of my Pumpkinhead 12 pack. I'm gonna miss you Pumpkinhead.

if i had a twelve pack of them in the fridge, i would be taking 11.5 of them back for a refund.

i like ratebeer.com, but i normally just go to binnys and wander around for a bit looking to see what catchs my eye.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Thanks for the heads up on that site. Nice alternative to BA.
    hmmm....

what to get at binnys tonight.....so many choices....so little time....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Is that PJ beer available yet? I haven't tried to find it.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

not yet...

but it appears Frank Thomas has his own beer now. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

not yet...

Big Burt? I had to google it. Never heard of him.
  • 81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

not yet...

Dogfish Head right? Can't wait to try that shit.
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

not yet...

Dogfish Head right? Can't wait to try that shit.

PJ Beer..yup...just stopped by my local guy (not binny's) and he is calling he sales person as we type....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Sierra_Nevada_Tumbler.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1282098601187
  • Just grabbed the last 4pack of the Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine 15%ABV. I think Im gonna drink 2 and age the other 2. Powerful stuff.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

It is available starting today in Delaware.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

It is available starting today in Delaware.
    I got lucky and got some!!!! :D
    Go Birds!!!!