MATT LUKIN TELLS THE STORY BEHIND THE PEARL JAM SONG “LUKIN”

2»

Comments

• unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    Pap wrote:
    OK, but what does "now I know life his way" mean. I am no grammar teacher, not even a native speaker, but this line still doesn't seem to make sense...
    Now, I know how it feels to be a stalker or be followed by a stalker maybe? I think you have to ask CJMST3K. It was his idea.

My take on that is now that he knows life lukin's way. He has an understanding of lukins life.

"open the fridge, now I know life his way"

I have heard it said that you can tell the type of person by what they have in their fridge, so this could make sense.
  • DeLukin wrote:
    But what the HELL is in his FRIDGE!?!?!?

i thought i read in an interview somewhere that matt lukin was a really good cook, and his fridge was always stocked w really good food
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • 8-)
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,209
    I think it's 'now I know life is worth' as in life is worth living even when you have a psycho stalker... a fully stocked fridge, helping yourself to your mate's fridge... etc....

I never knew who/what 'lukin' was. I always figured it was a bar in Seattle or something like that he could go to & escape.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • HailHailOZHailHailOZ Posts: 350
    After what sounds like a hectic and slightly shit day he pops round to Lukin's, opens the fridge, grabs a beer and sits down for a relax with his buddy... Now he knows (what) life is worth. Even if it might be "life his way" it's the same meaning for me and Matt Lukin basically says the same thing mentioning himself not letting Ed be a "Rockstar".

This much speculation about a minute long song!!! Can't wait for the "Aye Davanita" episode... ;)
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,209
    Ha ha & yeah I agree about your understanding of the song. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011