Options

Ofrendas Del Corazon <3

yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
edited August 2011 in The Art Wall
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share some info on a charity event that has turned a tragedy into something really special. I was emailed with the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful cause by another ten club member and his wife. They asked me to design a wooden heart for the Ofrendas del Corazon Silent Heart Auction in the name of Michael Rutledge. When Michael passed away, his parents donated his organs, which in turn saved four people's lives. His parents like to believe that Michael would have wanted the same. 100% of the money raised at The Silent Heart Auction goes into scholarships for bilingual students at Michael's school.

check out more of their story and hard work @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOz35lRS6A

annd here's my heart! it has the lyrics to Rise in it "gonna rise up, burning black holes in dark memories, gonna rise up, turning mistakes into gold" acrylic painting
DSCN1066-1.jpg
rootsdesigns.net

my letter to ten club :)
I attempted to write ten club about this charity, with hopes I'd get some kind of response, but check out my envelope, hopefully it catches someone's eye!
0811001415-1-1.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wow, what an honor to be asked. I love the heart you made for the auction. Watched the video, what a wonderful idea for raising scholarship funds for those kids. His mom and dad are beautiful people, the pain in mom's eyes was making me cry...

Once again yellow, nicely done!
  • Options
    Wow, what an honor to be asked. I love the heart you made for the auction. Watched the video, what a wonderful idea for raising scholarship funds for those kids. His mom and dad are beautiful people, the pain in mom's eyes was making me cry...

Awh thank you so much brokenarrow :) I was so honored to be asked! The video is so moving, I immediately had to say yes. Michael's parents have so much strength and compassion to be able to do what they did and save those people's lives through their son. And the kids receiving the scholarships are so deserving, just good stuff!

here's the evolution of the heart 8-)
    0810001926-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options

Awh thank you so much brokenarrow :) I was so honored to be asked! The video is so moving, I immediately had to say yes. Michael's parents have so much strength and compassion to be able to do what they did and save those people's lives through their son. And the kids receiving the scholarships are so deserving, just good stuff!

here's the evolution of the heart 8-)
    0810001926-1-1-1.jpg

So cool to see its evolution! I'm a big fan of seeing [and taking] photo's of a project from start to finish. :clap:

Strength, yes they certainly have strength for sure. It always amazes me when people can take a negative situation and bring out the positive. It's certainly inspiring,...
  • Options
    bump :D
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I was just contacted to give a piece to this same program, they mentioned your beautiful donation! Love it!

I am so honored they reached out to me, I can't wait to do something for them :)
  • Options
    ArtgirlfriendArtgirlfriend Sweet Home Chicago Posts: 32
    Love the heart but I am really drawn to the envelope it is so bright and beautiful!! Nicely done. :)
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Artgirlfriend
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    That is awesome!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    Thank you both for the love and support. It's such a great feeling to be able to do this for a former student, but more much when I am able to involve my loving pearl jam family/community into this cause. There are no words to express my gratitude. You all are the best! - Ernesto