Ed can really sing good...

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited June 2011 in The Porch
"Ed can really sing good!" proclaims my 6 year old daughter on the way to the beach this evening as Animal plays....I said, "Oh yea?" She says "Yes, he never yawns!" Well you certainly can't argue with that now can you? Oh... what falls out of my children's mouths about Pearl Jam is just golden....just golden...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• "Ed can really sing good!" proclaims my 6 year old daughter on the way to the beach this evening as Animal plays....I said, "Oh yea?" She says "Yes, he never yawns!" Well you certainly can't argue with that now can you? Oh... what falls out of my children's mouths about Pearl Jam is just golden....just golden...

No, no. I'm pretty sure he yawn in the chorus somewhere. :lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    "Ed can really sing good!" proclaims my 6 year old daughter on the way to the beach this evening as Animal plays....I said, "Oh yea?" She says "Yes, he never yawns!" Well you certainly can't argue with that now can you? Oh... what falls out of my children's mouths about Pearl Jam is just golden....just golden...

:lol:

You can't argue witht hat.
  • bburpeebburpee Posts: 176
    How can you tell I'm a bad dad?

If my daughter said that, I'd correct her... "No, honey, he sings well." :lol:

This is what happens when some of us have kids.
    Is it too much to ask for a full-blown Temple of the Dog set? Probably.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    "He never yawns".
    I had an argument with a guy about that two years ago. He told me that he doesn't like Ed because he doesn't open his mouth when he sings. No high notes. Nothing. He is like he just speaks, he said. I told him, yeah man that's because he's a baritone. However, he has an ability to sing in many other ways (e.g. Blood, Soon Forget, Comatose, Supersonic, Dream A Little Dream, Tonight You Belong To Me). Even you like his singing or not. So, I guess it's something you like or not. Some guys prefer an Iron Maiden kind of screaming-singing, some of us not and some others both of them. Anyway, I'm totally with your daughter - and obviously you - in it. ;):)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Pap wrote:
    "He never yawns".
    I had an argument with a guy about that two years ago. He told me that he doesn't like Ed because he doesn't open his mouth when he sings. No high notes. Nothing. He is like he just speaks, he said. I told him, yeah man that's because he's a baritone. However, he has an ability to sing in many other ways (e.g. Blood, Soon Forget, Comatose, Supersonic, Dream A Little Dream, Tonight You Belong To Me). Even you like his singing or not. So, I guess it's something you like or not. Some guys prefer an Iron Maiden kind of screaming-singing, some of us not and some others both of them. Anyway, I'm totally with your daughter - and obviously you - in it. ;):)
    I don't know...I think he has the ability to hit most any note he damn well wants. Or used to. Heh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAJ-LdzVXg
    I think he has the ability to hit most any note he damn well wants. Or used to. Heh.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAJ-LdzVXg
    That's true. Nice video.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Last summer I listened to the other, crappy quality version of it on repeat...imagine how I felt when I found the HD one. Thank god for Youtube.
    Last summer I listened to the other, crappy quality version of it on repeat...imagine how I felt when I found the HD one. Thank god for Youtube.
    :)
    I just saw yours twice and the Long Road video once (it's 10 minutes :) ).
  • KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Eddie uses his voice as an instrument...one of the reasons I like it so much. There are tones and colors that not many high note hitting /wide range singers can emulate. That is more special to me than hitting a note 'just because'. Ed also changes how he sings songs...can't explain why as only he probably knows that, but it sure makes listening more interesting.

So I guess it depend on your personal definition of good. Ed gets into my soul....his voice has range when he needs it, but it's that special something that gives me goosebumps. And despite all the 'Ed had the most copied voice ever because it is so easy to sound like him'...my own kids can spot him anywhere with any song.... :D
  • Katyz wrote:
    Eddie uses his voice as an instrument...one of the reasons I like it so much. There are tones and colors that not many high note hitting /wide range singers can emulate. That is more special to me than hitting a note 'just because'. Ed also changes how he sings songs...can't explain why as only he probably knows that, but it sure makes listening more interesting.

So I guess it depend on your personal definition of good. Ed gets into my soul....his voice has range when he needs it, but it's that special something that gives me goosebumps. And despite all the 'Ed had the most copied voice ever because it is so easy to sound like him'...my own kids can spot him anywhere with any song.... :D
    I can't stand it when people say things like that. Whether you like it or not, it's one of the most unique voices in all of rock. Which is why I love it, and admire him, so much.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Katyz wrote:

I can't stand it when people say things like that. Whether you like it or not, it's one of the most unique voices in all of rock. Which is why I love it, and admire him, so much.

Exactly!!!!
    Katyz wrote:
    And despite all the 'Ed had the most copied voice ever because it is so easy to sound like him'...
    Then what about Brian Molko's voice? :sick: :thumbdown: :lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Smellyman wrote:

I wouldn't say he can pretty much sing anything...he had some trouble with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zal4Oj8fhX8

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

So long everybody!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    He has a VERY unique voice in that it is sooo unlike any one thing that anybody can pinpoint; as for the no high note factor..why is everyone forgetting Oceans?????that isn't Bass he's singing!! LMAO . I too have a habit of KNOWING Ed's voice, whether it's him singing or in interviews.. my family makes fun of me for it..( honestly there's only one other person I can do that with, but they're not famous, this chick just has an awesomely unforgettable voice).
    And last but not least.. the things kids say about PJ is tooo fucking funny sometimes.. here's my two favorites and since it's the 20th anniversary year we'll go back 20 yrs with the first..
    I lived in California still, and was attending an equine Institute to get my master Horsemanship cert. There was this chick in my class whom also loved PJ so far as we knew so far,and she had a five year old son named James. So one day we're driving out to Las Vegas to celebrate our graduating in the top five of our class, and her son asks me.."How many people fit in your car?" Pretty normal question..So I answer him, "5, 6 if one person is little.". So a while goes by and by this time Jay Kaye and I are rocking out and singing along with Ten. So James asks us"How many people are in Pearl Jam?" we of course answered "5". So he thinks about it for a second I guess, then suggests I should give them my car!!! I was like no.. they're rich they can each buy their own cars, they don't need to SHARE one car.. That and he thought all people who were in bands together lived in the same house!!LMAO He was the cutest little boy!! I think about those two alot..
    The second was.. when I was taking care of my Best friend in K.C. after a triple Hernia repair left her down and out for two months recovering. I took care of her and the 5yr old Granddaughter she and her husband were raising at the time. ( this was just last year..) Well before the surgery Nancy had taken Andrea with her to get her new phone.. at the Verizon store the clerk gave Andrea a model phone ( with the ghost screens, to give example of the phone), to play with. Well for DAYSSSSS Andrea ran around with that phone pretending that people were calling for everyone in the house. Well it was close to May 3rd and I was super excited to get to see PJ again, so they happened to be the main focus of alot of my conversations, and well one day while I was doing the laundry, Andrea walks into the laundry room, hands me the phone and says, "Tree, it's for you.". So naturally I asked who it was, she says"It's Pearl Jam!!" I laughed so hard I almost cried. Kids are great..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    20 years now :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    DS1119 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

I wouldn't say he can pretty much sing anything...he had some trouble with this one.

So long everybody!

Ha true....and not this good either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUF00Q6CYs
    this vid kills me....
  • Pap wrote:
    Last summer I listened to the other, crappy quality version of it on repeat...imagine how I felt when I found the HD one. Thank god for Youtube.
    :)
    I just saw yours twice and the Long Road video once (it's 10 minutes :) ).

that version of Trouble is one of my favourites

and Long Road - that version IS my favourite. It's beautiful, I couldn't stop listening to that for weeks after I heard it for the first time.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Truly, no voice compares ...

I've lived with it now for 20 years
    I know it as well as any loved one.
    It is just as meaningful, just as soothing, just as exciting and just as healing.

Voices, for me, have been a huge attraction all my life, starting with Dino as a tiny child,
    I'd sit inches from the TV mesmerized with its quality.
    On to Chris Walken, that voice! intriguing....
    I could name many but none as special as Ed's.

They say eyes are the window to the soul.
    I think our voices are the sound of our spirit.

Spirit...the essence of who we are here and now filled with personality and life experiences.
    Our voices draw people to us and hold them, it can make or break a believer,
    voices put the spin on words, revealing the heart and it's motives.

Eddie's voice is beautiful, I'm very thankful to have known and loved it in my life! :D
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

So long everybody!

:lol::lol: Classic!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    bburpee wrote:

I would have re-phrased it for my child too. :lol:
    It's never too early to teach them to be well-spoken. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    20 years now :)
    I know.... isn't that kick ass!?!? I may end up like my mother and follow a band from start to the R&R hall of Fame, ( she followed the Doors, The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd) that is my goal!!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    yes he can!!
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    justam wrote:
    bburpee wrote:

I would have re-phrased it for my child too. :lol:
    It's never too early to teach them to be well-spoken. ;)
    I wanted to keep it authentic. My daughter can read, she started at the age of four, write(print), write in script, add and subtract and many other things.She is very advanced for her age. But thank you both for taking the time to correct my daughter...I did as well...it was just not included because it did not pertain to the cuteness of the story. Oh well...I suppose feeling superior to a six year old is so important and trying to make me feel like a bad parent. Good job to both of you. Yet Ed still can sing really good!!!! :lol:
    pandora wrote:
    Truly, no voice compares ...

I've lived with it now for 20 years
    I know it as well as any loved one.
    It is just as meaningful, just as soothing, just as exciting and just as healing.

Voices, for me, have been a huge attraction all my life, starting with Dino as a tiny child,
    I'd sit inches from the TV mesmerized with its quality.
    On to Chris Walken, that voice! intriguing....
    I could name many but none as special as Ed's.

They say eyes are the window to the soul.
    I think our voices are the sound of our spirit.

Spirit...the essence of who we are here and now filled with personality and life experiences.
    Our voices draw people to us and hold them, it can make or break a believer,
    voices put the spin on words, revealing the heart and it's motives.

Eddie's voice is beautiful, I'm very thankful to have known and loved it in my life! :D
    Always impressed... Wow! :clap:
    He's got my favorite voice...I can always tell him no matter what he's singing....love the 'special something' Ed's voice has. And yes, Ed has range as Oceans highlights.