Options

Re: Ticket Sale - From The Ten Club

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to send this along. I think many of us are at the point where just saying "We are sorry!" is not good enough, so I am happy to see further steps will be taken. My own preference would be to see 10C outsource ticket sales in some fashion rather than build a new system from scratch. I think your chances of success would be greater that way and it may actually be more cost effective. Just my opinion.

JimmyV

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Is it 1pm EST (10 PDT)???

I'm a bit confused... its 9:48 EST and just looked at the board... it says 10 am PDT....

Just to make sure i don't miss the sale...
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    JimmyV wrote:
    Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to send this along. I think many of us are at the point where just saying "We are sorry!" is not good enough, so I am happy to see further steps will be taken. My own preference would be to see 10C outsource ticket sales in some fashion rather than build a new system from scratch. I think your chances of success would be greater that way and it may actually be more cost effective. Just my opinion.
    JimmyV

I've been observing the PJ20 sale for the past two days and while we all want the 10c servers to be state of the art, it costs a lot of money. To be honest, for the amount of times they'd use that server load (for ticket sales) is pretty minimal. How many days in the last 365 days has there been a ticket sale? 5? That's a lot of expensive servers to be just sitting around for the other 360 days. If they want to keep it in house, which is what I think is the best option, they should rent the space on sale dates and create a ticket purchasing system that won't crap out with the money they would put towards buying new servers.

Everyone has an opinion about this. I'm just sharing mine.
  • Options
    chain wrote:
    Is it 1pm EST (10 PDT)???

I'm a bit confused... its 9:48 EST and just looked at the board... it says 10 am PDT....

Just to make sure i don't miss the sale...

Any info from Montreal (or EST guys)?????
  • Options
    I agree with one of the above posts. As a fan, I do NOT want to pay more for my tickets or memberships to buy a larger infrastructure. Not on my dime! That being said, there are other ways to distribute tickets in a fair and manageable way that do not include a free for all on a secure server.

As far as the apology, I accept it. However, there is a huge lesson in leadership that needs to be learned from this mess.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    the same worries the past 10 years.... the ticket sale times, and I'm still worrying. Buying for Calgary and Edmonton, it says 1pm PDT, which is 2pm Calgary and Edmonton time.. but there's always that little bit of insecurity in your head wondering if that's really the right time.. and I'll worry and worry till I get my tickets. Just like all the years in the past... then after I get my tickets I'll wonder what seats I have and how many people have senority over my number. haha. It's madness I tell ya. lol
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    To Tim and the Tenclub - thanks for all of your hard work this past week. Things obviously didn't happen the way that you or the fans wanted them to happen but it sure seems like you all did your best to put out the fires. Of course people are going to complain - even if everything did go smoothly there would be a fair share of complainers, so it goes. I'm totally impressed with the amount of tickets you were able to block off for us - any time I tell a friend about how we are pretty much guaranteed the best seats in the house they are floored.

At the end of the day, we're all here for the same reason - our love of Pearl Jam's music! I for one am just ecstatic that my favorite band is still cranking out great tunes and is one of the best live acts of all time!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    MA213248MA213248 Posts: 1
    What a crock. What's the point of being in the fan club? Tried for hours on end, unsuccessfully disappointed as I sit here today without tickets. Check my logins. I tried so many times without making it to where I could actually pay for them. Now I have to wait to get tickets from my best friend Ticketmaster. Thanks for effing this up, Ten Club. I joined years ago to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen to me. Apologies without actions to rectify are truly meaningless. The empty e-mails I've received enrage more than console. Anyone want to return my phone calls? I've left two voicemails in your office. I wouldn't want to talk to me either, if I were you.
  • Options
    1 hour and those ticket will be mine!!!!
  • Options
    brownmikebrownmike Posts: 1
    they charge money to go see their concerts, i still buy my cd's, i spent 6-8 hours attempting to get tickets. i waited 6 months to try to get tickets. the band makes a lot of money it's a company, i want a refund on my ten club membership.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    To Tim and the Tenclub - thanks for all of your hard work this past week. Things obviously didn't happen the way that you or the fans wanted them to happen but it sure seems like you all did your best to put out the fires. Of course people are going to complain - even if everything did go smoothly there would be a fair share of complainers, so it goes. I'm totally impressed with the amount of tickets you were able to block off for us - any time I tell a friend about how we are pretty much guaranteed the best seats in the house they are floored.

At the end of the day, we're all here for the same reason - our love of Pearl Jam's music! I for one am just ecstatic that my favorite band is still cranking out great tunes and is one of the best live acts of all time!

Sorry but this is just not a real world perspective. I love Pearl Jam and the 10C but make no mistake, they are both BIG BUSINESS. A Pearl Jam tour grosses tens of millions of dollars. This is not some kid shipping records from his garage. PJ20 is going to gross at least $6 million that weekend and that does not include any of the merchandising and other ancillary stuff. I thank Tim and the gang for everything they do but at the end of the day, what has taken place with the PJ20 ticket sale is unacceptable and in this instance, they did not do their jobs properly. That is a fact. I work in entertainment too and just because there are famous people involved, it doesn't make it any less of a job than anyone else has. It is a business with customers and customers need to be properly taken care of and satisfied. That was not done here and it is disappointing considering the past problems with tickets sales. Pearl Jam and the 10C owe it to the fanbase, their customers, to get these problems corrected and to make sure that such problems do not occur again in the future.

It is that simple.
  • Options
    johnnysavjohnnysav Posts: 21
    Trying to get on the site to get tickets for pre sale for Toronto and page won't open, have tried 4 different com-uters in my building? What's up guys?

Johnny
  • Options
    got to the check out section and i got booted\!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    site down!!!!
  • Options
    ArtgirlfriendArtgirlfriend Sweet Home Chicago Posts: 32
    Luckytwn1 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Sorry but this is just not a real world perspective. I love Pearl Jam and the 10C but make no mistake, they are both BIG BUSINESS. A Pearl Jam tour grosses tens of millions of dollars. This is not some kid shipping records from his garage. PJ20 is going to gross at least $6 million that weekend and that does not include any of the merchandising and other ancillary stuff. I thank Tim and the gang for everything they do but at the end of the day, what has taken place with the PJ20 ticket sale is unacceptable and in this instance, they did not do their jobs properly. That is a fact. I work in entertainment too and just because there are famous people involved, it doesn't make it any less of a job than anyone else has. It is a business with customers and customers need to be properly taken care of and satisfied. That was not done here and it is disappointing considering the past problems with tickets sales. Pearl Jam and the 10C owe it to the fanbase, their customers, to get these problems corrected and to make sure that such problems do not occur again in the future.

It is that simple.
    AMEN!
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Artgirlfriend
  • Options
    RB132667RB132667 Posts: 1
    So long fan club. it has been nice paying you dues.
  • Options
    JRDazzoJRDazzo Posts: 5
    Anybody able to get tickets today?
  • Options
    Nope. Still trying.
  • Options
    bert10486bert10486 Northern Ontario Posts: 57
    Got to the "Buy Tickets" clicked and down she goes again.....two days in a row. Nice.
    “Been to a few...” 

• Options
    GWNGWN Posts: 19
    after refreshing for a half hour, it told me the tickets were removed from the cart because I took too long. Are you f&@$ing kidding me?
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    tickets were in my cart twice and I got up to credit card info and it kept crashing and now the tickets are not in the cart. So frustrating!!!!!!!
  • Options
    TC150086TC150086 Posts: 3
    I don't know if it would have been worse if I had gotten to the credit page...all I managed to do was click the "CHECKOUT" button, and goodbye.
  • Options
    ArtgirlfriendArtgirlfriend Sweet Home Chicago Posts: 32
    Can't even get the Goods page to load...also having issues where I keep having to log in. Annoying!
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Artgirlfriend
  • Options
    Ughhh!!!

I've been hitting F5 for half an hour with no luck. This really sucks. I only have about 15 more minutes before I have to bail for the rest of the day. The presale will likely be closed by the time I'm able to purchase tickets again.

This really sucks. I've dropped almost $2k the past week on airfare and hotel to Toronto and will now likely need to go the scalper route if I want any chance at decent seats. Clearly, I'm only one of many loyal fans who are in the same boat.
  • Options
    SJ201436SJ201436 Posts: 2
    Gaaaa!
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 728
    Hey, 10c staffers, how about an update on the status of the pre-sale? Do we keep on losing our time or will you just cancel the pre-sale, postpone the public sale and find a solution to avoid pissing us off?

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    Got both Toronto shows, took a lot of refreshing and Firefox was the only one that worked.
  • Options
    What an absolute joke. So disappointing. Been refreshing since 1pm est and keeps on saying no tickets in cart when I checlout.
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Just got as far as confirming both addresses. This means I have them in my cart and should be guaranteed the tix at least??
  • Options
    jayneseojayneseo Posts: 53
    Me too, had them in my cart, and now I timed out and cart is empty. My laptop is dying and won't have computer access for awhile. They need to have another presale open up.
This discussion has been closed.