I beat Cancer ... I hope :)

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :x

hope all goes well and you make a full speedy recovery.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Thank goodness you're a Giants fan. Cause as we know, us Giants fans can go through anything.

Seriously good vibes and prayers coming your way from LA. When you're better, I think we've got a date at a Giants game in SF. Perhaps even another World Series game???
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Sorry man, i'll pray for you.
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Sorry to hear about this. :( You sound very courageous and like you have very positive attitude. Keep that going forward and you will win! Good luck with everything and always remember..

GO GIANTS!!
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Enkidu wrote:
    Thank goodness you're a Giants fan. Cause as we know, us Giants fans can go through anything.

Seriously good vibes and prayers coming your way from LA. When you're better, I think we've got a date at a Giants game in SF. Perhaps even another World Series game???

I will join you guys! That mini-sweep was just what the doctor ordered..
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Wow...sorry to hear this Rob :(

Good Vibes headed your way...stay strong with the tough road ahead
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Sorry to hear that, but good attitude.
    A year of shit is nothing compared to many more years without it. Kick it's ass!!!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am sending love and light to you on this part of your journey. You already have the good vibes, it only helps to have more. So, I am delivering more. Focus on PJ and everything else will rise into place. HUGS
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    edited May 2011
    ^^^^^ all above

wow! I'm overwhelmed. yeah, I have a positive outlook right now. I'll try to keep it when they're inserting the porta-cath and I'm bawling like a little girl :lol:

then again, that butthole ultrasound was no picnic and I was a real champ for that.

seriously, thanks everyone for all the kind words. they mean a lot and I'm convinced they'll help.
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    imalive wrote:
    ^^^^^

wow! I'm overwhelmed. yeah, I have a positive outlook right now. I'll try to keep it when they're inserting the porta-cath and I'm bawling like a little girl :lol:

then again, that butthole ultrasound was no picnic and I was a real champ for that.

seriously, thanks for all the kind words. they mean a lot and I'm convinced they'll help.

When I get invasive tests...I sing PJ songs...works like a charm...especially angry PJ songs if the tech is not playing nice... HUGS MAN!!
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    imalive wrote:
    butthole ultrasound

great band! ;) :P
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Won't see you at the festival (can't go), so here is a virtual hug. O

Sad to hear that your next year will be a tough one, with some great PJ/EV moments sprinkled in, but you have a great attitude and all good things in place to make the tough parts, not as tough as you endure it.

- Nate
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Thoughts are with you, friend.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

All my good vibes headed your way we're all pulling for you ......To get rid of this poison from your body ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    love your attitude, man. sorry to hear about the diagnosis & the road ahead won't be easy, but with your attitude i know you'll get through it just fine. lots of good vibes coming your way from Texas.

keep your head up & stay strong,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    imalive wrote:
    yep, it's true :cry:

why would I post this here? well, there are some really great people on this board. you've helped me with the death of a dog, a cancer diagnosis with a subsequent dog, music and video stuff, travel info....all kinds of shit. hell, one member even let me crash on his couch :mrgreen: ! the few members I have been fortunate enough to meet have been uniformly cool.

this board is a release for most of us, I think. some of us may adopt a little bit of a persona but, even with that, I think/hope the true person shines thru. in my case...no, that's not me in my avatar. it's michael phelps, the olympic swimmer. I only mention this because of all the "oh go hit your bong" comments I get :lol: . anyway, here's who I am:

I'm old :shock: . I first heard TEN when I was 35 fricking years old and was hooked. just last year I RETIRED from 25 years with Las Vegas Fire Dept. before that, I framed houses. I retired, got the hell out of vegas and moved to salt lake city last august. things were/are great (except for the obvious). I love salt lake, have a great wife, a pyscho dog and good friends. I have a new house (filled with PJ posters :mrgreen: ), I work a little part-time job at a golf course and see as much live music as I can. The SF GIANTS are World Champs and just beat the d**gers AGAIN. My hair's getting long again, like it was in the 70s :lol: . we have enough money and everything was/is cool. then, this:

After pooping blood for months and losing weight at an alarming rate, I went to see an internal medicine guy. He sent me for a colonoscopy. I had that done on May 10. He found a "plum sized" mass in my lower colon (almost rectal). At the time, he surmised it was cancer. Pathology confirmed it. I had a CT Scan two days later and, thankfully, the cancer hasn't spread.

Yesterday, I met with a colon-rectal surgeon, a medical oncologist and a radiation oncologist. The surgeon did a (painful) ultrasound and graded my cancer a Stage II due to some involvement of the surrounding muscle. Lymph nodes are clear. The plan is to get a porta-cath implanted this Monday (for 24/7 chemo infusion), start radiation on Tuesday and chemo on Thursday. I'll do that for 6 weeks to try to shrink the mass and kill any cancer around it. Then, I'll take 8 weeks off and have the fucking thing removed at the end of September. Should be a 4 hour operation. After the operation, I may or may not do another 6 months of chemo.

It is what it is. I'm not thrilled to have colon cancer but I'm not defeated either. They said I have about a year of crap to look forward to (although the math doesn't add up). All I know is, my chemo pump is not going to look good with my summer Speedo :shock:

I'm not a religious guy, but if anyone wants to pray for my full recovery, go right ahead. Sending good vibes is definitely encouraged. I am CONVINCED they helped my doggie. I hope you guys respect my/our decisions for the course of treatment. I'm good with my it, as is my great wife.

I'll end this soul baring on a light note.....when I got the news (one week ago), one of my first thoughts was the EV show I have tickets for. not life, not death...eddie vedder! it should be cool...I'll be between chemo and surgery. and then yesterday, I had the surgeon do the math on when my surgery would be. he said "end of September." I told him I needed to see PJ in Canada. He said we'll put it off until October and then asked "can I go with you?" :lol::lol: hopefully, I'll run into some message pit buddies at the shows.

Take care of yourselves and, if you've old like me and have been putting one off, GET A COLONOSCOPY!!!!!

Rob

good luck stay strong and try to stay positive. live for the good things. try and smile and laugh everyday, it will do wonders for your recovery. i'm sure there are lots of people rooting for you.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    i've put off my first colonoscopy about 4 times now (dad had some issues so they want to check me)

but i will not put off the next one

june 6th

best wishes to you bong man ;)
    i've put off my first colonoscopy about 4 times now (dad had some issues so they want to check me)

june 6th

D-Day. How appropriate.
  • foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 525
    Whoa dude, heart goes out to you, hope everything turns out ok!! Im high risk for colon-cancer, have to have colonoscopy every year! Cant stress enuff how important it is these days to get checked out, that particular cancer is deffo on the increase! Keep well bro... :thumbup:
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872

june 6th

D-Day. How appropriate.

thanks pal ;)

june 6th

D-Day. How appropriate.

thanks pal ;)

Up periscope!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i need to visit dr jellyfinger too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzXpE0QB2U
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Sending good vibes your way!

I wish you peace!
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    This sucks Rob. Keep your head up and I am sending good vibes your way.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i wish you the best..stay positive.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Rob, I feel so bad for you. I had cancer (early stage) 20 years ago and I am still here. My mother had stage III cancer 4 years ago and she is doing great. My cat/baby just had her last chemo treatment yesterday and she also is doing great. Treatment is a rough road, but I just know you are going to get through this and will be fine. In the meantime, I will be praying for you. *HUG*
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ROB! OMG....I'm reading this in complete disbelief! I'm sending out all the good vibes I have to YOU!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I'm not a religious man either, but I'm gonna pray hard for you. Be well...
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    hang in there buddy. my thoughts and prayers are with you. cancer can go straight to hell. :x

ps...i had no idea you were that old! :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    thoughts are with you man.

hang in there, and kick it's ass!