Cleveland Indians - !

MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
edited September 2017 in All Encompassing Trip
I know we have a few tribe fans here. I havent seen a thread dedicated to this team.

8 wins in a row to move to 1st place and 8-2. Really didnt see this coming.

Realistically, I dont expect them to maintain the hitting and pitching they are getting, but there are a bunch of unexpected bright spots. Masterson especially has had 2 Cy-Young worthy starts to kick off the season. Hafner is belting the ball. LaPorta with a huge HR last night. Talbot threw a gem last night, etc...

How about the "Cabrera Brothers"? Great start.

Shin-Soo Choo on the other hand. Cmon dude.

I love Sipp too. I would love to see him as the set-up man for the next 10 years.
Post edited by MayDay10 on

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i went to a game at old municipal stadium. does that count?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sorry to say - I'm always disappointed.... :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    yes, it does.

I went there once myself. It was great. So cavernous for a crowd of about 6,000 (mid eightees when they were awful).
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    carlos santana is an absolute beast. The casey blake trade is going to go down as one of the most lopsided in MLB history.

I like asdrubal cabrera too.

I don't think they will stay in the race all year, but you never know. And that division stinks. Will be huge for you guys if sizemore can come back and contribute.

They have some nice young players to build around.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    The Fixer wrote:

They have some nice young players to build around.

That will unfortunatly be playing for various other MLB teams as soon as their contracts are up.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    major-league-lou-brown.jpg
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    one hit last night. Gem pitched by Haren. Didnt see the game, but no other way that can happen.

It looks like Failsto pitched a nice game though which is a great sign.

one more game on the trip to the west tonight at 7, and the Tribe comes back home.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

greatest baseball movie ever? perhaps.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Went to Indians/Sox game on April 2nd. Fans were downright shitty. Had stuff thrown at me, called names, cussed at just because I was in my Sox gear.

I've been to Cubs/Sox, Twins/Sox and have never been treated like that.

So no, not a fan of the tribe. :lol:
    Went to Indians/Sox game on April 2nd. Fans were downright shitty. Had stuff thrown at me, called names, cussed at just because I was in my Sox gear.

I've been to Cubs/Sox, Twins/Sox and have never been treated like that.

So no, not a fan of the tribe. :lol:

wtf you doing in cleveland?

just be glad you weren't wearing a Lebron Heat jersey
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    I'm in... GO TRIBE!!!

They've always been my fav AL team. And at least they don't play in Willoughby Hills, the REAL Mistake By the Lake!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    I have been watching games when I can on MLBtv and I have even listened to some when I have been in Buffalo (I am for some reason in the blackout area there).

I really like this team a lot. I wasnt really digging them going into it, but winning does change opinions.

You have gotta give it to these guys though. They never give up. Now they believe they can win and have a special season. You can see by their excitement they all show when they win a big game in walkoff fashion. They are having a good time together.

the pitching just has to hold it together for the marathon that is the MLB season.

Im having fun though and if they do fade, at least I have had 2 months of excitement and there are a lot more bright spots than we have seen for the past 3 seasons.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    C'mon Dorn, none of this olaaay bullshit.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:

2nd behind the natural.

i like pulling for traditionally bad teams to turn it around. so, go tribe.

i'd like to see the lions finally break through in football this year too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

2nd behind the natural.

i like pulling for traditionally bad teams to turn it around. so, go tribe.

i'd like to see the lions finally break through in football this year too.

It might not be this year for the Lions but it won't be too far after that. They now have the nastiest D-Line in the league and their offense is suddenly loaded. If they can just keep Stafford upright they will be tough to tangle with.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Are the M's and Indians in a rain delay right now?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    81 wrote:

2nd behind the natural.

Nope. Bull Durham.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:

2nd behind the natural.

Nope. Bull Durham.

Agreed. Nuke Laloosh is a million times better than any character in Major League.
    Im not a big fan on Major League at all. 2nd rate sports movie at best.

The Natural and Bull Durham are the real deal.
    MayDay10 wrote:

2nd rate? blasphemy! all 3 are definitely in my top 3.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think it's all three, plus The Sandlot.
    I hate rain delays and postponements. Remember a couple years ago when the M's and Tribe got snowed out four games in a row in Cleavland? That sucked. This sucks...
    aNiMaL wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think it's all three, plus The Sandlot.

Bull Durham
    Field of Dreams
    The Rookie
    the rookie always felt too "disney" to me.

sandlot's a great one though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    anyone watching the game?

Opening day, Jays come back in the 9th for 3 runs to tie it at 4. 16th inning now, benches just cleared...
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    MayDay10 wrote:
    anyone watching the game?

Opening day, Jays come back in the 9th for 3 runs to tie it at 4. 16th inning now, benches just cleared...

I'm watching. This is one hell of an opening day. :lol:
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    That ended up being a bummer. Kinda glad I couldn't make it today. We beat ourselves. Going to be up there the next few days. I'm hoping our offense will heat up and they don't give away any more games.
    Sox pitching making you guys look silly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Browns chant? They stink worse than the injuns
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    nice start to the season. Cant ask for more than 1st place in mid-May and looking pretty decent while doing it.

They need Kotchman's bat to come around. It looks like Choo is finally getting back into it.