Have you taken your kids to a PJ concert?

Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
edited April 2011 in The Porch
If so, what were their ages?

Did you give them earplugs?

More importantly, if they were small, did they need a ticket? Small kids dont need tickets for sporting events, airfare, train, etc....just curious about concerts.
Near to death.
Here to die.
Scared alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Yes. They were nine and eleven at their first show (Mansfield 1 2008), have been to six shows including all four in Philly. They are going to see Ed with us, too.

We ALL wear earplugs -- parents, too.

Everybody needs a ticket. If your kids are so small that you can hold them on your lap on a plane (which is not really recommended, even though it is allowed), I'd really recommend finding child care and enjoying the night unencumbered. The kid might be okay at the show, or s/he might be tired, overwhelmed, miserable, and needing to go to the bathroom every ten minutes.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Yes. They were nine and eleven at their first show (Mansfield 1 2008), have been to six shows including all four in Philly. They are going to see Ed with us, too.

We ALL wear earplugs -- parents, too.

Everybody needs a ticket. If your kids are so small that you can hold them on your lap on a plane (which is not really recommended, even though it is allowed), I'd really recommend finding child care and enjoying the night unencumbered. The kid might be okay at the show, or s/he might be tired, overwhelmed, miserable, and needing to go to the bathroom every ten minutes.

Gotcha. Yeah, im not too interested in exposing a small kid to all the elements of a rock concert. Not to mention having to change a diaper in the middle of an unexpected "Hard to Imagine" encore. Ha, I was more just curious if a ticket would be necessary.

I think 10 is a pretty good age (give or take) for the first concert, provided parents are there.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Does two months in the womb for our first count?

I have thought about bringing our eldest (4 years) but if she decided she didn't like it...?

Well she would have to leave on her own

J/K

:D
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Ear protection is a good idea. I started taking my oldest son to shows when he was about 7. Also make sure they actually want to go - can be a frustrating (and expensive) experience if they are not interested.

My boys are now 16, 14 and 10. We have a lot of fun at shows, we've been to see Green Day, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, U2, Metallica, Stone Temple Pilots, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park. Sometimes its just one of them, sometimes all three go. They don't like PJ, so haven't taken them to see them, that's my thing.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Took my daughter to EV in DC when she was 8 and to PJ in Hartford when she was 10. Taking my 8 year old son and daughter to EV in June. Brought ear plugs just in case but she didn't want them. Definitely need a ticket for each patron as the venues typically state. Have a blast!

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Apart from the (almost) 30 years old kid that I am myself - no. :)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't have any kids, but if I did it would be babysitter night. I'm not sure what age I would take them if I did have some, it would depend on the maturity of the kids I guess, but I would probably start considering it once they got to be around the age of curmudgeoness' kids. Maybe a little older. I wouldn't worry about them hearing some questionable language, I would just worry about them getting sent home from school for telling another child to go suck Satan's d!ck or something like that. I think it's cool when people take their kids to shows though. Sure beats what used to be the rite of passage of taking your kids to their first baseball game.

The only thing I would worry about is the people in the seats around us lighting up joints or something. I never had it happen directly around me at a show, but I could smell it in the air, so somebody somewhere was getting high. Which doesn't bother me, but if I had my kid with me I might not like it. But at the same time, I brought my kid to a rock concert, I wouldn't be trying to get people to not smoke because I decided to bring my kid.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Took my seven year old son to the PJ show at Crysler Arena in 1994. 5 songs in he asked if they were almost done :) He stuck it out but wasn't too impressed hahahahahahahaha

Asked my six year old daughter if she wanted to go to the EV show June 26 and she's not sure.....we plan on selling our next set of bracelets for the Japan tsunami victims at the pre party so I thought she might like to see the show - up to her :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    I took my younger daughter to see Ed last tour in Philly. She was 13. She thought it was pretty funny that he kept messing up the words...oh, and when he kept saying F*CK like a hundred times...and ahem, then when we smelled funny smelling smoke!

Her 1st concert was Blink 182 when she was 10. She had a blast...again, however, we had people smoking those funny cigarettes right next to us. One of the hazards (or pleasures) of concert going. I enjoy, which is why I don't normally take the kids to concerts!
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
    again, however, we had people smoking those funny cigarettes right next to us. One of the hazards (or pleasures) of concert going. I enjoy, which is why I don't normally take the kids to concerts!

Reminds me of an old joke. I think I heard Keith Richards tell it (not in person obviously, on TV) it went something like "Man, Chuck Berry must not pay his band anything, I saw them all in the bathroom sharing a cigarette".
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    Took my then barely 2 year old daughter to see PJ in St Louis and Indy last year. She loved it! She clapped after every song, and danced while they were playing. She didn't get bored, ask if they were done, etc. We made sure we brought a bag of snacks for her, and changed her diaper between Band of Horses and PJ. The only thing was that at Indy, because of the weather delay, she crashed in my arms for about 20 mins towards the end, but woke up happy as soon as "Alive" started. More importantly, past fist bumping those around us between songs, she didn't interupt or bother anyone elses PJ concert experience.

But it's more about knowing your kid(s). Mine loves music, and frequently goes to(and behaves at) sporting events, live kid events, etc. She's also been to Lollapalooza the last couple yrs with me during the day. I had a feeling she'd be ok, and enjoy it.

Oh--make sure you check with the venues. In St. Louis we had to buy a single upper level ticket to even get her in the door, and then we just sat her with us in our TC seats. Indy, since it was outdoors, I believe was 3 and under free.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yes. My son in 2009 at Chicago. He was 11 at the time. He wore earplugs and had a blast.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    I originally posted this on August 11, 2008:

I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
    Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
    But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I think 8 or 9 is probably a good age for kids to start going to concerts. I've been at way too many concerts lately where I've seen all these bored toddlers holding their ears and crying while their parents ignored them. Not cool.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    That's awesome ottonyp, which show was this? I want to go listen to the boot now.
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    iamica wrote:
    I think 8 or 9 is probably a good age for kids to start going to concerts. I've been at way too many concerts lately where I've seen all these bored toddlers holding their ears and crying while their parents ignored them. Not cool.
    Exactly. That's what I meant about knowing your kids. Mine was 2 and had a great time, but most of the people we sat around that had kids our age told us that theirs could never do it.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Took my 14 year old to Hyde Park last year. He said it was the longest 7 hours of his life. :(

But I guess teenagers automatically have to disagree with their parents.
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Took my sons - ages 8 and 10 - to their first-ever concert last summer. Both required tickets. We saw Pearl Jam in Columbus, and my sons both had ear plugs (against their will). I bargained with them to leave them in until Pearl Jam's set began...at which point my 8 year old rips his ear plugs out, chucks them on the ground and says, "Yes, I can FINALLY rock out now!"

Side note: when Even Flow started, he asks "Dad, can I take off my shirt and really rock out?" Who was I to say no?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Good input, thanks people.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    That's awesome ottonyp, which show was this? I want to go listen to the boot now.

It was August 10,2008 in Montreal...I wish there was a copy of the show!!!
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I took my nearly 11-year-old daughter to the LA shows in 2009 and then to Jack Johnson last fall. Would have taken her earlier, 8-10, but I was waiting for the perfect event -- ahh, the Gibson Amphitheater, couldn't have been a better show. First live song she heard, BHR7, "Rock n Roll is Free If You Want It!"

At EV solo, he was remarking how many babies were around on the tour.

Here's LA2 review: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=113423&p=2566630&hilit=Here+10%2F3%2F09+Gibson+Amphitheater#p2566630

She knew Backspacer better than me, and liked Harper as well.

Ear plugs are definite, there are actually some very nice silicon kid-sized ones on amazon. I ALSO bought her the full over-the-ear muffs/cans ear protection, kid-sized pink -- and let her decide which she was gonna wear. She went with the muffs, because i had a LONG discussion about hearing loss and what 3 hours of concert level volumes will do to her young ears. But yeah, she took 'em off for Just Breathe and The End, and for a song or two here and there. Ushers or guest services have cheap foam plugs available at most venues.

A conversation about the sights and smells at a show is a must. Prepare them for it, prepare them for drunk people, stupid people, bozos and what not -- get the dialog going. But I tempered that with the joy folks feel at big events like this, cut 'em some slack -- everyone expresses themselves different. I will say, I think sitting in the 10C seats was a plus for us, we had some really caring fans around us that set a great vibe for the show! Read the review up there.

Sight lines are a major concern for me, dropping so much on tickets for her to stare at someone's back was stressful. I simply HAD to talk to the folks behind us and work out how she could stand on a seat to see, I'm 6 foot, so we basically stood side-by-side in one seat space, giving the couple behind us a good view over my empty seat. And I wanted to keep a hand on her and likewise for balance. Floor seats would suck for kids.

For Jack Johnson, GA, we lined up early and got front row of the seats in an Amphitheater, looking over the pit. Awesome!

And then, hehehe, I fed her a big ol' coke right before the show! Get a bit of caffine and sugar pumping through her! (No soda around the house, so its a treat.) Didn't matter, she fell asleep during the encore, during ALIVE! hehehe. It's a long slog, so be prepared for bathroom and antsyness.

And now we're doing it all again! Flying down to the Gibson in June for RUSH!!!
    [sic] happens
    ottonyp wrote:

It was August 10,2008 in Montreal...I wish there was a copy of the show!!!

Oh, I didn't realize it was an EV solo show.
  • I took my oldest son who was 15 turning 16 to his first concert in May last year (Pearl Jam concert in Buffalo). He absolutely loved it, and needless to say he is a very hardcore PJ fan now. On a personal note, it was a great opportunity to spend some quality bonding time with him (even if it was through singing and rocking) how great is that. It is a concert that neither of us will forget. I am bringing my youngest son who is 13 turning 14 to the Eddie Solo Concert in Detroit this June and we are both very excited. It is not his first concert tho, he went to see Hedley with my wife this winter.

2 sons 2 concerts and 2 very different concert experiences. Live is such and amazing ride...Jems & Rhinestones baby!!!
    ...and now i rub my eyes, for he has returned
    seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned
    for he still smiles...
    and he's still strong
    nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit that has grown
    and now he's home
    and we're laughing like we always did
    my same old, same old friend...
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    ottonyp wrote:
    I originally posted this on August 11, 2008:

I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
    Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
    But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!

Dude,

1. I remember reading this upon your original post and

2. Was this Albany or DC? I seem to recall the on-stage part as I wasn't back stage to witness the intro. Eitherway, awesome for you and your daughter and maybe I was too....................

Peace!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Michelle10Michelle10 Posts: 148
    My Daughter is 4, so no shows for her yet. But I used to play Pearl jam to my belly when I was pregnant, I had a Pearl Jam mix cd that played in the hospital while I was in labor for her, I used to sing her long road while I rocked her and she's been listening to them every since. She doesn't like all of the songs (nor is she allowed to listen to all the songs) but I continue to brainwash her daily =) I hope one day she finds a passion for music like I have, and then I pray its not for people like mariah carey and nickeleback :lol:
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • My son's elementary school graduation was the morning of night 2 at MSG in 2008. What better way to celebrate than at a Pearl Jam concert? What a great show.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Great topic! I've been wondering the same thing. My kids are 5 and 3 and they love PJ. They beg me to put it on when we are in the car! Not sure I would do an areana with them, but for sure an Ampitheatre lawn seats!
  • Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 500
    My wife was 7 months pregnant when we saw PJ back in 2000. Nedless to say my now 10 year old son has been begging to go to a show for a long time. I'm taking him to see EV for his first concert experience (he says he will wear earplugs). If all goes well hopefully he can graduate to a PJ show if they tour in September.
  • Im 17 and I am taking my dad to see Ed in LA :D

He isn't a hardcore PJ fan, but he loves the songs he knows (which is quite a few because I am constantly blasting PJ in our house lol)
  • j gastonj gaston Seattle Posts: 25
    First show was for my son's 13th birthday - Mercer Arena 12/1993. No fantastic Ed story like Jenna+Dad but it was soooo fun and amazing. Actually a security guy offered earplugs to me - I was obviously the clueless one. Best memories are walking in the crowd with my kiddo past all the gawkers and scalpers into the venue - My sullen teen boy looks at me with shiny saucer eyes and says - "Mom, EVERYONE here is cool". And on our way the we out, we look dazed at each other and say together - "When can we go again?".

We've been to lots of shows together since but of course he's moved on in the real world - I'm left behind in this sic PJ wasteland. We're both way too old for this now - but he might go with me once more for PJ20. :P
    /Users/j2sue/Desktop/Boston 5:17:10.JPG