Options

Thank you PJTrade King and anybody else!!!

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
edited March 2011 in Lost Dogs
Last week my wife was rushed to the Emergency Room at 3 in the morning. She was shaking uncontrollably, had huge headaches, couldn’t go to the bathroom, extremely dizzy, and anything she touched felt like broken shards of glass. The doctors had no clue what was wrong with her. She didn’t even have the strength to life her head. At first people didn’t think she was going to make it; then words started floating around like MS and bacterial meningitis.

We quickly transferred to a much better hospital in the area. After a few days we found out that my wife Mary Kate had a condition that only affects one in 8 million adults in the United States, a viral infection called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Basically what happened is that a virus attacked the protective layer around her spine. With a rigorous treatment of steroids and rest, she has started to recover.

Every day is getting better. We still aren’t sure if she will be able to walk but yesterday I brought up my son Matthew to see her for the first time in over a week (and it was his 2nd birthday!); she was able to lift him up (all 33 lbs of him) and put him in her lap. The road to recovery starts tomorrow in an intensive rehabilitation unit.

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Scott (PJTradeKing) for starting a collection to help my wife and me out during this terrible time. And anybody else who contributed, thank you so so much. I was actually speechless when Scott sent me an e-mail telling me that a collection was being organized to help my family out. I can’t believe the response and the amount raised.
It just is so amazing how generous and caring this little community is. I’m just astonished that our only real connection is five guys from Seattle making music. But it just shows you how thoughtful, compassionate and loving people are on this board. Again thanks so much.

With much love and appreciation,
Mike McGrath
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    I'm glad that Scott started up this fund for the both of you. Wish I could help out more than I did.

Even more happy that she's slowly doing better. My prayers are with you both.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    so happy to hear that she is on the road to recovery and that your family will once again be together. continued good luck for the road ahead.

great job scott for doing all that you did to help!

peace,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~