Free Pearl Jam postcard 'contest'

1235»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Leeze wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Got thy sweet postcard today. Thank you Ellen! :) My question was: What's your favorite official Pearl Jam Bootleg CD release? And what is your favorite unofficial Pearl Jam Bootleg CD release?

postcardEleen2.jpg

postcardEleen1.jpg

:D

Wow - cool post card :thumbup:
    Yeah, that was probably my favourite of the whole bunch.:)
    Thanks for posting the pics ... that in turn puts a smile on my face! :)
    I really need to get those last ones out. I should be able to get a new batch out this weekend!

:D
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    thank you for my post card Ellen and i hope your right and EV does tour soon :D
    peace :D:D
  • Okay, I have four more ready to be mailed tomorrow, so that leaves only two more to go (sorry to keep you waiting dwhite76 and electricxlovex). I hope they all make/made it to you guys ... there's still quite a few unaccounted for.
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Mine arrived this week also. I'll post the pictures later.
    Thanks so much Ellen! :D
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I got my postcard a couple weeks ago but kept forgetting to post about it, it's up on my fridge, when I got it, I had a huge smile on my face. Thank you very much Ellen.
    6.jpg
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Have you met any of the band members in person?
    Like a million times in my dreams.. Not in person unfortunately... ;] Take care! Ellen

(also, I didn't know you were female and my wife was asking who you were and if I lost my damn mind, hahah!)
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I got my postcard a couple weeks ago but kept forgetting to post about it, it's up on my fridge, when I got it, I had a huge smile on my face. Thank you very much Ellen.
    6.jpg
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Have you met any of the band members in person?
    Like a million times in my dreams.. Not in person unfortunately... ;] Take care! Ellen

(also, I didn't know you were female and my wife was asking who you were and if I lost my damn mind, hahah!)

Another great card! :thumbup:
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Paulina87 wrote:
    Mine arrived this week also. I'll post the pictures later.
    Thanks so much Ellen! :D

question was: What do you think about Jeff's solo album "Tone"?

th_P1070996.jpg?t=1296310373

th_P1070998.jpg?t=1296310373

Couldn't take better photo so the answer is: Have to admit I hadn't listened to the cd yet. I haven't really listened much today of the side projects except Into the wild, which has become one of my favourite albums overall. Somehow never got round to it ...but I have now! Must say it didn't quite get my attention the first time, though I did like some of the more up tempo songs like "Bulldozer" and "Give me a reason"
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Hi everyone!

Thanks for posting the pics and keeping this thread alive! Good to see them all finding their way to you ... and back on this board! ;)

Have a great day, morning, evening, afternoon, or whatever it is where you are. 8-)
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • My question was if you could have one Pearl Jam song played at your funeral or one lyric from a Pearl Jam song written on your tombstone what song/lyric would it be?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    Dear Ellen & everyone out there :wave:

I've finally received my PJ postcard :bounce:
    and even if it took weeks, it got here exactly on my birthday which was simply GREAT!
    So thanks Ellen for making it even more special! :)

My question was have you ever been to Seattle?
    And here goes the answer ;)

eddef.jpg

postcarddef.jpg

Btw, nope neither have I, but hope to go soon :yes:

Have an excellent Sunday everyone :wave:
  • Owl wrote:
    Dear Ellen & everyone out there :wave:

I've finally received my PJ postcard :bounce:
    and even if it took weeks, it got here exactly on my birthday which was simply GREAT!
    So thanks Ellen for making it even more special! :)

Have an excellent Sunday everyone :wave:
    Hello Mara!

Don't you love these coincidences ... as if it was meant to be. ;) Thank you for posting!

Happy birthday!!!!
    Hello Mara!
    Don't you love these coincidences ... as if it was meant to be. ;) Thank you for posting!
    Happy birthday!!!!

I think they're absolutely amazing! :mrgreen:
    Thanks a lot for your wishes :D

:wave:
  • Owl wrote:
    Hello Mara!
    Happy birthday!!!!

I think they're absolutely amazing! :mrgreen:
    Thanks a lot for your wishes :D

Happy Birthday Owl ! :D
    Happy Birthday Owl ! :D

Thanks a lot, electricxlovex! :D
    It's great to keep receiving wishes :)

• My question-When you meet someone who is not particularly a fan of the band, do you try and show them the light or do not bother swaying their musical interest? How would you convince someone of what we all already know? (I have this dilemma each day with my husband.)

pjpost001.jpg

I have had mine a while. Just now got around to getting it on here. Not a real savvy techno person and we recently switched to windows7 because our computer crashed and nothing works the same as it used to. I have just been putting it off. I finally bit the bullet and did it so here it is. I still couldn't get the front to load for some reason, it said my picture had too many pixels or something crazy like that. So I posted a link to it. Thanks Ellen, I have enjoyed reading all of them and I really enjoyed getting mine. I love it!

http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/whitej13/?action=view&current=pjpost2001.jpg
    Cool postcard! :thumbup:

Have a great weekend, everyone! :wave:
  • There ... just finished the last ones! They will go out on Monday ... :)

This turned out to be a bigger project than I had expected. In the past 2 months I have sent 41 postcards to 12 different countries:
    25 - USA
    3 - UK
    3 - Canada
    2 - Australia
    1 - Greece, France, Germany, Norway, Northern Ireland, Indonesia, Italy and Poland

Thank you all for participating. It was great fun to answer all the questions and see the pictures and responses show up here in this thread. I hope all the cards find their way to you ... and perhaps even back to this forum. ;)

Ellen
  • Hey Ellen :D

I got your postcard today :D Put a smile on my face, thanks so much for doing this
    It's now proudly displayed on my wall in my room
    I LOVE the picture, a great one. Which show did you take it at?

It looks great, real professional :)

Here's the pictures:

CIMG4663.jpg?t=1298556992

^Ellen took that herself, such a great photo :D

My question was:

If there was only ONE PJ song left in the world, which one would you choose?

Ellen's Answer:

CIMG4659.jpg?t=1298556975
  • Thanks! I quite like that one too. :) It was taken in Arnhem, 2006 ... was a really rough crowd, so I was happy any of the pictures came out right at all! :P

Thanks for posting!
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I just got back from out of town and look what was waiting for me!

004.jpg

005.jpg

My question was: If you could choose one Pearl Jam song to be played at your funeral or one lyric to be placed on your tombstone, what would it be?

Thank you so much for the postcard! I absolutely love it!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    Hey Ellen :D

I got your postcard today :D Put a smile on my face, thanks so much for doing this
    It's now proudly displayed on my wall in my room
    I LOVE the picture, a great one. Which show did you take it at?

It looks great, real professional :)

Here's the pictures:

CIMG4663.jpg?t=1298556992

^Ellen took that herself, such a great photo :D

My question was:

If there was only ONE PJ song left in the world, which one would you choose?

Ellen's Answer:

CIMG4659.jpg?t=1298556975

Wow - that is a VERY NICE pic! :shock: :clap:
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I just want to publicly thank Ellen for including me in her post card give away. This was a great give away with a personal touch. Thank You, Ellen :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    dwhite76 wrote:
    I just want to publicly thank Ellen for including me in her post card give away. This was a great give away with a personal touch. Thank You, Ellen :D

It was really great! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with all of us!
  • Black PearlBlack Pearl Posts: 116
    Thank you all for the kind words ... I really enjoyed it myself also! There are still quite a few unaccounted for ... I hope they made it to their recipients. I'm planning to make a follow-up thread on this in a little while. Something related, but quite different ... I hope you will like that one as well. I'll post here when it's up! :)

And it seems I need to correct my own mistake ... :)
    Thanks! I quite like that one too. :) It was taken in Arnhem, 2006 ... was a really rough crowd, so I was happy any of the pictures came out right at all! :P
    Thanks for posting!
    That picture was taken in Antwerp, not Arnhem ... after the first push during the opening lines, I ended up in first row in Arnhem, with a big strong guy behind me, so I was able to enjoy that concert to the fullest! Antwerp was a totally different ballgame ... rough crowd (where I was at least) and couple of real jerks behind us ...
  • Got mine the other day--thanks so much!!!

postcard_back.jpg
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Here's the front (been having trouble trying to post both sides at the same time :-| )
    postcard_front.jpg

Thanks again!!! :mrgreen:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011