Options

Trading with fans overseas - Shipping question

kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
edited March 2011 in Lost Dogs
What do you guys use to ship posters, cds, vinyls? USPS priority mail seems to be the most logical, but only for a smaller box/package. Anything larger increases the cost dramatically.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    USPS priority mail is the best,,here thr same,i ship always register to usa with greek post office
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    normally there are 3 "categories" for shipping

1-super expensive
    2-expensive (normal)
    3-willneverarrive (the one universal used to ship the loxl boxes)

INSIDE THE USA
    Inside the USA I normally ship priority or first class depending on which one is cheaper there some limits on weight for first class, when you reach that limit then the package can be sent only as priority. and don't forget to include a tracking # that's around 90cents more, insurance is optional and is not expensive either.

INTERNATIONALLY
    I normally use the USPS, I had some problems in the pass with them but I've sent tons of things ant the only things missing in action are the very small packages, but I've never have a problem shipping outside the USA using the option 2, the people working on the USPS offices told me that the super expensive option and the expensive option are almost the same, and the packages arrive at the same time so there's not need to pay extra.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
    I use Canada Post. www.canadapost.ca When shipping posters out I ship them by Xpresspost. So there's a tracking number & insurance if the package ever get's lost in the mail. The majority of PJ goodies & stuff I ship out is to the USA.

Plus I love my local Canada Post store. I'm there 2-3 times a week for the past 8 or so year's. Good friends with the people working there. It's great! :D