How PJ/10C have treated me.

No Fear Of FallingNo Fear Of Falling Posts: 419
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I joined the Ten Club in April of 2005.

I got into Pearl Jam after my first show ,in Reading PA on the vote for change tour.

Since then, I have been to all the shows that are in my current sig. I was able to get ten club tickets for every show since Montreal 05 (except Irving Plaza & Lolla). Considering the fact that I have only been a member since 2005, my seats have always been great. Within the first 10 rows from the floor in the lower bowls at arenas, or in the first few rows of what would be level 2 at an amphitheater. Nothing too crazy, but certainly better than I would find on ticketmaster.

I was given the opportunity to see the band in Irving Plaza, just for being one of the first 500 or so people to buy the album at a certain location. Best show of my life.

I love the DEEP magazines, and they always put a smile on my face when i open my mailbox and see one.

Got every X-Mas single as well, with no problems.

for $20 a year, I couldn't ask for more. People have complaints, and some of them are valid, but this is just my personal story on how I have been treated by the official organization of my favorite band. No complaints here, and I look foward to a great 2008.

Just check out the Warehouse (DMB fanclub), or the Rolling Stones fanclub, U2 fanclub, Police fanclub, RHCP fanclub.. and it will make you see just how good we have it over here.
2004 - 10/1, 10/11
2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
2007 - 6/27, 8/3
2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    what problem do you have with the warehouse?
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I second that...look into those other band's fanclubs...it makes you appreciate our club!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • cutback wrote:

Still waiting a "membership package" for quite a while now..

When I can get seats, they are usually garbage.. ticketing system with that club is horrible.

They cost a bit more then 10c as well.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    agree with post #1 100% - i love 10c - infact i'll probably leave my house to them in my will ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
    Still waiting a "membership package" for quite a while now..

When I can get seats, they are usually garbage.. ticketing system with that club is horrible.

They cost a bit more then 10c as well.

huh.....are you a new member?......haven't problem with seats.....in fact got front row once.....how is their system garbage.....they announce a tour...A FULL TOUR **cough** 10c **cough** you put in for tix and you receive them.....i have never, EVER had to spend 2 and half hours clicking refresh trying to get tickets with them.....most of the time spent deciding which chows to go to...:)
  • Best fan club bar none is Metallica's Metclub. $45 a year gets you 4 very informative and high quality magazines, good ticket servers, exclusive merchandise and a Meet and Greet at almost every single show for 30 club members. They also have a message board with multiple staff members that answer questions everyday and they also almost always break news before you hear it anywhere else.

Great example of their customer service....they had a sale yesterday clearing out a bunch of old limited edition merchandise and the servers were pretty jamed. They had a staff member on the message boards AND in the chat room assisting people with their orders and letting members know they should keep trying because merchandise will actually continue to be added. When people were shut out, the guy actually apologized! A bunch of people were having problems with their carts so the employee said hang on a sec and within 2 minutes actually FIXED the problem and everyone with stuff in their carts actually got it back and were able to check out. Imagine that...polite and informative customer service!

I'm sure I am going to get bashed for this but I would gladly pay the extra $25 for the service the Metclub provides. The 10 Club has been getting bashed alot lately and unfortunately most of it is justly. The good news is, most of the gripes are fixable, it's just a question of if they are willing to change a bit. Here's hoping they do.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    I've been a member since 2000. I finally bought a membership, not for tickets, but to buy the official bootlegs cheaper and earlier. I bought tickets to Mt.View in 2003 and was in the front part of the second tier seats. I was happy with it since it was my first 10 Club show. In 2006 I got tickets to all three San Francisco shows without a problem. I haven't ordered a ton of stuff from the 10 Club, but the only problem I had was 2 of the discs of Gorge box set were scratched. I emailed them and they sent 2 new discs at no charge. I didn't get the 10 Club single this year because I moved and it isn't forwarded. I contacted them and they offered to send it, if I paid the postage but I decided against it since I already had the songs.

I got tickets for Santa Cruz and Berkeley on Monday through the 10 Club. My card was charged for one extra SC ticket, but that has since been removed. I do understand the complaints about having funds being on hold and not getting tickets. If the charge went through why can't the tickets be secured? I emailed them Monday to see about the extra charge and someone got back to me a few hours later.

So I am one of the few who have no complaints about the 10 Club. I don't think they are infallible either, but they have served me well and I appreciate that they have tried to keep membership costs down and don't try to rip fans off.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Read this http://countingcrows.com/news/journal.php?uid=2480

Adam Duritz, of the Counting Crows, gives a little insight to how their fanclub works.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The Fan Club has always been a positive thing for me.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • The good news is, most of the gripes are fixable, it's just a question of if they are willing to change a bit. Here's hoping they do.

well, we all know that the issues that occurred for the ev tour aren't new...in fact, they are years old, so obviously there is an unwillingness to change.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • no complaints here either. goin to SB with wifey.
  • coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    99.9% of us agree with you and have been treated amazing. It's just the the remaining .1% are a really loud bunch ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • I got shut out of tickets this time around, but for the most part I have no serious complaints with the 10C. I've typically gotten my money's worth.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Read this http://countingcrows.com/news/journal.php?uid=2480

Adam Duritz, of the Counting Crows, gives a little insight to how their fanclub works.

That was about as sincere a message from an artist that I have ever seen. That was a great read and it's nice to know they give a shit about their fans. Something tells me he will follow through on his promise of "a very cool surprise" and not blow it off like Mr. Big Boldfree.
  • BZ-BZ- Posts: 31
    10C has been great for me. Been a member since 97 and have no complaints. When they sent out Storytellers confirmation emails, mine was sent to the wrong address. 2 days before the show, 10C called looking for me to confirm that I would be going. They could have easily skipped me and selected someone else. They went out of their way to locate me to let me know that I was selected to attend. That meant a great deal to me. They are golden in my eyes.
    East coast 08 please. (YESSSSS!!!!)
  • i love 10C.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • member since '96 btw....

OH, Hey, BZ! What's up? LP HERE!
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Best fan club bar none is Metallica's Metclub. $45 a year gets you 4 very informative and high quality magazines, good ticket servers, exclusive merchandise and a Meet and Greet at almost every single show for 30 club members. They also have a message board with multiple staff members that answer questions everyday and they also almost always break news before you hear it anywhere else.

Great example of their customer service....they had a sale yesterday clearing out a bunch of old limited edition merchandise and the servers were pretty jamed. They had a staff member on the message boards AND in the chat room assisting people with their orders and letting members know they should keep trying because merchandise will actually continue to be added. When people were shut out, the guy actually apologized! A bunch of people were having problems with their carts so the employee said hang on a sec and within 2 minutes actually FIXED the problem and everyone with stuff in their carts actually got it back and were able to check out. Imagine that...polite and informative customer service!

I'm sure I am going to get bashed for this but I would gladly pay the extra $25 for the service the Metclub provides. The 10 Club has been getting bashed alot lately and unfortunately most of it is justly. The good news is, most of the gripes are fixable, it's just a question of if they are willing to change a bit. Here's hoping they do.
    yeah, but their Metallica. oh well. win some. lose some.
    tacos
  • kevkev Posts: 68
    totally agree with the post...joined this club years ago...of course when your a bum for most of your 20's...you tend to let memberships lapse...so i joined again for the final time a few years ago...we all get shut out of buying shit we want...i didn't get a reaper...and i was totally bummed...but i dealt with it...this band is so good to us...and yes getting autho holds on accounts suck...but that shit has been around since the beginning of buying shit on the internet...and also realize that not everyone getting something does have its good sides...we have a hell of a barter system going for our little pj world here....i think its cool that people trade shit with each other...i was never a big grateful dead fan...but i did get dragged to a show once...i was blown away at the community...and the trading of goods that went down...whatever...peace out my pj friends...of course i did get tix to both la shows...
  • BZ-BZ- Posts: 31
    member since '96 btw....

OH, Hey, BZ! What's up? LP HERE!

LP - "joint in a tree" Nice!
    East coast 08 please. (YESSSSS!!!!)
  • cutback wrote:

ITS DMB - worst shows of all time...

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

ITS DMB - worst shows of all time...

oh let it go....you don't like them...nobody cares...:rolleyes:
  • cutback wrote:

go hang out at nancies.org then.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• It might be the 2 bottles of wine talking but 10C is the greatest fan club ever!! I think people get spoiled from them, when they do so much as a band for everyone.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • cutback wrote:

I'm with you. Why do people have to bash a band that is mentioned in passing within a thread that has nothing to do with that band?

As for the 10 Club, I think they are excellent. I think the people who whine about them need to shut up. I was with the 10C for about 6 years and I was so happy with the ease of getting good seats to shows. Why bitch because someone who was in the club two weeks less than you got better tickets once? Unfortunately, Pearl Jam has a lot of childish fans.

I am not in the club anymore for a few reasons. First. it seems the shows don't sell out as fast anymore, I have just as much luck going on ticketbastard the day they go on sale. Second, as I mentioned before as much as I love PJ (and so many nice people here) I never been happy with the people around me in the 10C seats.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Let's put it this way, if any company offered the same level of communication and customer service the 10c does, they would have been out of business long ago.
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 321
    I joined the Ten Club in April of 2005.

I got into Pearl Jam after my first show ,in Reading PA on the vote for change tour.

Since then, I have been to all the shows that are in my current sig. I was able to get ten club tickets for every show since Montreal 05 (except Irving Plaza & Lolla). Considering the fact that I have only been a member since 2005, my seats have always been great. Within the first 10 rows from the floor in the lower bowls at arenas, or in the first few rows of what would be level 2 at an amphitheater. Nothing too crazy, but certainly better than I would find on ticketmaster.

I was given the opportunity to see the band in Irving Plaza, just for being one of the first 500 or so people to buy the album at a certain location. Best show of my life.

I love the DEEP magazines, and they always put a smile on my face when i open my mailbox and see one.

Got every X-Mas single as well, with no problems.

for $20 a year, I couldn't ask for more. People have complaints, and some of them are valid, but this is just my personal story on how I have been treated by the official organization of my favorite band. No complaints here, and I look foward to a great 2008.

Just check out the Warehouse (DMB fanclub), or the Rolling Stones fanclub, U2 fanclub, Police fanclub, RHCP fanclub.. and it will make you see just how good we have it over here.
    not bad, I joined a year before you and have been either last row of the floor or side stage seats. 10th row is excellent
  • Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Let's put it this way, if any company offered the same level of communication and customer service the 10c does, they would have been out of business long ago.

I have to disagree.. ever tried to deal with some of companies on the phone? Hell try dealing with ticketmaster a few times.
  • I've said it before, but i'll say it again. My only complaint with the 10 Club is that I didn't join earlier. Fan since 91 or 92, but never paid attention to the fan club info in the CD booklets. (Or my first PJ purchase, which was the Ten Cassette) I didn't join until I got a compueter in 1999.