Options

The Gorge

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Any chance of PJ playing the Gorge again anytime soon? Im from NY and would love to come out to see them play the Gorge, what a beautiful place to see a show it looks like....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Well, I am hoping so. The last 3 shows were AMAZING!!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I am listening to the 2005 Gorge show as I type. Disc 1 - Low Light :D
  • Options
    But hopfully not too soon, :P the weather here is nasty right now!

But yes, here's hoping!
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • Options
    There are just some setting in life that I want to be part of..Pearl Jam in Seattle I would love to see, especially at the Gorge..as I would love to see U2 play Slane Castle in Dublin, Ireland.... I have just been obsessed though with a show at the Gorge form the pics I have seen...what a place to have a grteat trip and enjoy great music...the Yankees are playing in Seattle the 1st week of Sept..I would love a PJ/Yanks weekend out in Seattle..I have never been...Someone said PJ may play NYC this summer, could that be true? Maybe Yankee stadium will house a few shows since it s the last year...the last show there I think was Floyd in 94
  • Options
    There are just some setting in life that I want to be part of..Pearl Jam in Seattle I would love to see, especially at the Gorge..as I would love to see U2 play Slane Castle in Dublin, Ireland.... I have just been obsessed though with a show at the Gorge form the pics I have seen...what a place to have a grteat trip and enjoy great music...the Yankees are playing in Seattle the 1st week of Sept..I would love a PJ/Yanks weekend out in Seattle..I have never been...Someone said PJ may play NYC this summer, could that be true? Maybe Yankee stadium will house a few shows since it s the last year...the last show there I think was Floyd in 94
    I was there for Floyd up at BC Place in Vancouver. Great fucking show!!

You should come see a game at The Safe and a Pearl Jam show for sure!!!

Seeing shows at the Gorge is even better than the pictures make it seem. I have been there over a dozen times - The Gorge is just one of the most beautiful concert settings anywhere!!!

Welcome to the board, by the way. :)
  • Options
    i am right there with you...when they do tour again and play shows in Washington they seem to almost have to play the Gorge...how can they skip that venue? The band seems to love playing there anyway...
    Be good to Rock n Roll and Rock n Roll will be good to you. -Priceless Rock Wisdom-

LA 7-9-06
    Can't wait to add more shows...
  • Options
    I love this thread... I hope they get this message... It's been passed on ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    How hard are tix to the Gorge? I was really psyched for Bonnaroo but than when I thought about it, its 4 long, hot, dirty, expensive days of not alot of really good music...you have to wait 4 days to see PJ play for a couple of hours and than oyu have to fight the madness getting out of there for hours..hungover,stinky and miserable..I think Im going to pass and roll the dice on them playing some shows other than the Roo...I have the goirger box set..is there a DVD circulating by any chance?
  • Options
    i love this thread too. i am in the same boat as you robbie. im definitely going to wait it out and splurge if they play the gorge. tom petty is playing there this summer i think...
    Be good to Rock n Roll and Rock n Roll will be good to you. -Priceless Rock Wisdom-

LA 7-9-06
    Can't wait to add more shows...
  • Options
    i purposly am not going to the roo because of the possiblity of going back to the gorge. you have not seen a pj show until you get there. i only spent about $600 to fly from philly to seattle and everything else that goes with it (car, camping, ticket, etc) and the trip is worth every penny. im just hoping for a little bit cooler temps than 116 degrees, my pale irish ass was FRIED!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    TrailmixTrailmix Posts: 6
    Hi ya'll - I am sure this is a repeat, but an honest question about PJ and the Gorge.  It will be 17 years this summer since what I consider top concerts of my life.  I just listened to night 1 and the crowd was super and engaging!!  I know Seattle crowds can be tough for some strange reason.  

Is there a reason they haven't played more frequently?  

I am and I know a ton others are really jonesing a PJ gorge show!!

Cheers ya'll and much love!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    It is a mystery. We can all guess at reasons, but none of us here know. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    DMB plays 3 nights every Labor Day weekend for the past 20 years or so.  I think a lot of it is, they realize this isn't a typical corporate venue, and that the local community really depends on shows there, particularly since there's only 10-15 shows a year due to the remote location.  The camping area is owned by a family but camping tickets are sold thru TM/LN like any concert.  Lots of recent changes to the various camping options.  Terrace has been our favorite, have done it 5 times for DMB since 2006, but the price nearly doubled this year.  Start getting yourself familiar with the camping options in the event shows are announced:

www.gorgecamping.com