Solo tour - To those who like to scream during songs . . .

Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Please don't scream in my ear repeatedly during the middle of Ed's acoustic songs on the solo tour. These shows are in small venues not giant arenas and Society is not Blood. Please show some respect for the aforementioned Mr. Vedder if not your fellow fans.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I Second that! (this goes out to evenflowman;))

pleeeaaaaasssssseeeee, no roaring "YYEEEAAHHsss!!" during quiet heartfelt moments...

I'm all for expressing yourself at shows, anyone who knows me knows that... But...
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    um yeah it's a concert, people yell, get used to it...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Some idiot ruined the Albany boot because of the continuous tone-deaf yelling

Please dont yell at inappropriate times just to get yourself on the boot, yell with the crowd
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    a5pj wrote:
    um yeah it's a concert, people yell, get used to it...
    i don't think many of the songs from ITW will elicit crowd-roaring-fist-pumping- shrieky screams.
    except maybe hard sun.
    in terms of anything else he plays solo, we'll have to see

(beware, if he breaks out strangest tribe, and i can see this being done if only in my dreams...i will be screaming for a second then promptly passing out)

I think these solo shows will have a quiet energy to them
    powerful and deep, cerebral almost
    but i could be wrong
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    When Springsteen did solo shows for Devils and Dust, he laid down the law at the beginning of the show, that he didn't want to hear all that 'bruuuuuuce' and yelling and stuff, and he made people sit down. He said he was going to be pissed if he started hearing bruuuuuce and stuff like that. If Ed wants people to be quiet, he could take control like Bruce I think.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    When Springsteen did solo shows for Devils and Dust, he laid down the law at the beginning of the show, that he didn't want to hear all that 'bruuuuuuce' and yelling and stuff, and he made people sit down. He said he was going to be pissed if he started hearing bruuuuuce and stuff like that. If Ed wants people to be quiet, he could take control like Bruce I think.

hahaha... That's why he's THE BOSS!

Schoolteacher Eddie :)
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    So no mosh pit?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    you are paying 65 bucks to be there. Scream if you want, clap. whatever. Telling people to be quiet at a concert is ridiculous.

Although if everyone else is being quiet, dont be the only one making noise.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• memememe Posts: 4,693
    I was at a Will Hoge show last week.
    Someone yelled the name of a song and he said: "hey, when you are out there working at the GAP, do you like it when people go: 'I WANT A PAIR OF LOW CUT JEANS'? Didn't think so."

It was pretty funny :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    it's called TACT
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    If Ed goes into a rant, can the crowd respond with YES WE CAN?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Danimal wrote:
    So no mosh pit?
    i'm planning on doing windmills and knocking everybody over during 'long nights' personally :D
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    But... if everyone is quiet... they're all going to laugh at me when i uncork one of my wood flapper farts I usually get away with in the middle of a Pearl Jam concert.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    4Powers20 wrote:
    you are paying 65 bucks to be there. Scream if you want, clap. whatever. Telling people to be quiet at a concert is ridiculous.

Although if everyone else is being quiet, dont be the only one making noise.

thanks I agree 100%
    unless they are talking on the phone,
    then you have a right to tell them to STFU
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Cosmo wrote:
    But... if everyone is quiet... they're all going to laugh at me when i uncork one of my wood flapper farts I usually get away with in the middle of a Pearl Jam concert.

All these years.............you, it's you you you!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Get_Right wrote:
    thanks I agree 100%
    unless they are talking on the phone,
    then you have a right to tell them to STFU
    i'm all for tasering phone yappers at shows. not enough to kill, just enough to make a point.

i *might* purr loudly after every song. just depends on the feeling in the room :D
  • einatshaul wrote:
    I Second that! (this goes out to evenflowman;))

pleeeaaaaasssssseeeee, no roaring "YYEEEAAHHsss!!" during quiet heartfelt moments...

I'm all for expressing yourself at shows, anyone who knows me knows that... But...

I f'n hate that soooo much.

It happens at every single fucking concert and it makes me want to stab someone. It could be a freaking Wayne Newton concert and the moment it gets quiet, someone will unleash a deafening roar that could only be reproduced by the fiercest animals of the Serengeti.

I might be stereotyping but the screamers all look the same too. It's always some fat bald guy with a goatee. He will scream "Yeah" and within two seconds, a drunk 19 yr old girl will try to copy him resulting in a screach so awful that people will think she is in labor.

It happens at every show, always in the middle of a personal and touching song.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I f'n hate that soooo much.

It happens at every single fucking concert and it makes me want to stab someone. It could be a freaking Wayne Newton concert and the moment it gets quiet, someone will unleash a deafening roar that could only be reproduced by the fiercest animals of the Serengeti.

I might be stereotyping but the screamers all look the same too. It's always some fat bald guy with a goatee. He will scream "Yeah" and within two seconds, a drunk 19 yr old girl will try to copy him resulting in a screach so awful that people will think she is in labor.

Funny how dead on you are.... :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Cosmo wrote:

wood flapper farts?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Yes!

Please no I love YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU EddieEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    during before or after songs

please keep you love for eddie in your pants

or u just may get a large beer shower......
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    For real... I can't stand the selfish douche bags that just wanna hear themselves on the boot. Its the same concept as holding up your shitty camera through an entire song. Stop bragging about how you were there...just be there! You are missing the point. All the stupid screams, i love you's etc etc. Your only thinking of yourself in a very shared moment.

Get a grip with yourself.

I was at that last solo show at the Wiltern. All the idiots that came late and wouldn't shut up. It was so ridiculous. Eddie made note of it too. We all know how LA people are and they can't help it...so I didn't buy tickets to those shows this time...but us NoCalers are at least 10x smarter...i expect more from us at SC and Berk. Santa Barbara is going to be a mix of Socalers and NoCalers...basically I expect half the people to be acting like this guy from la: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6DBuk91phkI
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    It'll be interesting to see how this goes as I guess these shows are gonna be packed with TC members and hardcore fans so it'll be interesting to see how they represent the PJ fanbase. I hope people will be respectful as ya know how Ed doesn't like poor timed clapping a la Soon Forget and ppl shouting out all the time making him lose his concentration.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Some idiot ruined the Albany boot because of the continuous tone-deaf yelling

Please dont yell at inappropriate times just to get yourself on the boot, yell with the crowd

hopefully it was me whistling in you ear you fucking fag! who the fuck yells inappropriately just to get on a boot? sorry man, i just have no mercy anymore for the whiny bitches on this board like yourself. so if you don't like the gorge, or people screaming at a fucking concert stay the fuck in florida and whistle your dixie you stupid redneck.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
    Yes!

hahaha... can I get a large beer shower?
  • Dreamfire2 wrote:
    Please don't scream in my ear repeatedly during the middle of Ed's acoustic songs on the solo tour. These shows are in small venues not giant arenas and Society is not Blood. Please show some respect for the aforementioned Mr. Vedder if not your fellow fans.

Can I wear a short ? or do you think it's to much and I must wear a suite ? Come on it's too much, it's a free country, people do what they want, don't forget to tell us at what time we can applause too, pffff rock is already dead or what ?!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Yes!

come on. theres ALWAYS that at ANY show Ed does! :D you KNOW this. And look out for the ONE uncool "NO CAL" pearl jam fan who claims to be smart. :rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    TipJammer wrote:
    For real... I can't stand the selfish douche bags that just wanna hear themselves on the boot. Its the same concept as holding up your shitty camera through an entire song. Stop bragging about how you were there...just be there! You are missing the point. All the stupid screams, i love you's etc etc. Your only thinking of yourself in a very shared moment.

Get a grip with yourself.

I was at that last solo show at the Wiltern. All the idiots that came late and wouldn't shut up. It was so ridiculous. Eddie made note of it too. We all know how LA people are and they can't help it...so I didn't buy tickets to those shows this time...but us NoCalers are at least 10x smarter...i expect more from us at SC and Berk. Santa Barbara is going to be a mix of Socalers and NoCalers...basically I expect half the people to be acting like this guy from la: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6DBuk91phkI

That may be the best link of all time. Fair play TipJammer, Fair play. :)
    NERDS!
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    Some of you fans are really becoming snobs in your old age. I said this on another thread but why don't you guy's start your own PJ/Ed police battalion? You guy's make it sound like you are attending a Joel Olsteen rally. I think you are really insulting some of the fans on this site, like they have never been to a show before. So post this idiotic message on MTV.com. "Boo-Hoo it ruined my boot leg", yeah, life is rough Jackass. Hey, I have an idea, why doesn't Ed just get one of those flashing applause signs. Then will that be ok?

PS- That video cracked me the f up!!!!!
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    juannis wrote:
    hopefully it was me whistling in you ear you fucking fag! who the fuck yells inappropriately just to get on a boot? sorry man, i just have no mercy anymore for the whiny bitches on this board like yourself. so if you don't like the gorge, or people screaming at a fucking concert stay the fuck in florida and whistle your dixie you stupid redneck.

Very nice things to say. : ) Enjoy your time away from the board. Don't drag your knuckles too much when you walk. If I see Hitler I'll tell him you said "What up homie".

Fucking people from LA.
  • I f'n hate that soooo much.

Fucking douchebags.
    dontloseyourheat, are you a fat bald guy w/ a goatee? Ha
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."