Options

Where to go AFTER the Wiltern Shows?

NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So people are planning post show parties etc, but when the music is over, it is still early on a Saturday night... Any recommendations on what to do or where to go in LA on a Saturday nite?

are there gonna be any After Show (Jammer) events?
4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
"the waiting drove me mad..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Great question....bump

Me and my sis will be loose on the town with our husbands back in the southeast. Need to kick our heels up a little, at least....

Any locals know of any bars we could all meet up at before/after show like we did in Montreal at Grumpys - that was the BEST!!!

Or if we all are at the Ramada we can all party in the block of rooms -

The Ramada website says there is a bar/lounge on site - wonder how that is...
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    go to the bar at the four seasons and you will be bound to see some celebrities.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    go to the bar at the four seasons and you will be bound to see some celebrities.

and mel's on sunset....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options

Thanks, :) Cool, if Im in LA I would at least like to see one celebrity - the full experience for sure!
  • Options
    im dont really care about celebrity sightings... i just want to hang out at a great place and have a few drinks with like minded people... Good music is a MUST though.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

• Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    im dont really care about celebrity sightings... i just want to hang out at a great place and have a few drinks with like minded people... Good music is a MUST though.

I just would like the whole LA experience in addition to partying with my PJ family...
  • Options
    I just would like the whole LA experience in addition to partying with my PJ family...

There'll probably be some celebrities at the show

I see them when i least expect them... although, i do manage a restaurant in Burbank, so i see quite a few of them come in
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    There'll probably be some celebrities at the show

I see them when i least expect them... although, i do manage a restaurant in Burbank, so i see quite a few of them come in

So do we meet at your restaurant before and after for a free shot with ticket like at Grumpy's in Montreal?????
  • Options
    So do we meet at your restaurant before and after for a free shot with ticket like at Grumpy's in Montreal?????

Lol no, no

And burbank is a little way from the Wiltern anyway
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Los Angeles closes at 11:00 P.M.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Los Angeles closes at 11:00 P.M.

Philly did too!! Couldnt find a drink anywhere after 11pm.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Philly did too!! Couldnt find a drink anywhere after 11pm.
    There is a bar next door to the Wiltern Theater... but, it is one of those bullshit cover charge/dress code/15 bucks a drink Lindsay Lohan type places. Then, there's a Denny's on the corner... but... it's Denny's.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    how far is Hollywood? Sunset Strip dosent close at 11pm... im almost certain of that... got to be somthing to do on a Sat nite.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    The bars/clubs on Sunset Strip are pretty posh these days, so if that isn't your scene, there are some cool places in East Hollywood.

The Good Luck Bar is low key, as is Tiki Ti, on Sunset Blvd, and, last time I went there, allowed smoking since it is all owner-operated.

The Frolic Room on Hollywood Blvd is a great dive bar, and has a great juke box.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    The bars/clubs on Sunset Strip are pretty posh these days, so if that isn't your scene, there are some cool places in East Hollywood.

The Good Luck Bar is low key, as is Tiki Ti, on Sunset Blvd, and, last time I went there, allowed smoking since it is all owner-operated.

The Frolic Room on Hollywood Blvd is a great dive bar, and has a great juke box.

is trader vic's still open? scorpion bowls, anyone? :D
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    how far is Hollywood? Sunset Strip dosent close at 11pm... im almost certain of that... got to be somthing to do on a Sat nite.

theres ALOT of stuff to do on saturday night out here! u cant plan tho. its just gotta happen! ;)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    cutback wrote:
    is trader vic's still open? scorpion bowls, anyone? :D

ewwwwwwww.....that would mean backwash from ickky PJ fans!....'specially the east coasters!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    ewwwwwwww.....that would mean backwash from ickky PJ fans!....'specially the east coasters!

ahhhh DAMN that made me laugh so freakin loud!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ahhhh DAMN that made me laugh so freakin loud!!!! :D

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

hahahaha....good point.....don't want east coast cooties!!!! :p:D
  • Options
    Trader vic's is no mas as we once knew it here in the city of angels but if you want to party like a real pearl jam fan check out this place...

http://www.jumbos.com/

lace up your drinking shoes...

see ya after the show.
  • Options
    Jones is a great bar in a town that does not have many real bars. food too.
    on santa monica in hollywood right across from formosa cafe.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    go to san diego
    i like sound...
  • Options
    If anyone needs any L.A help or recommendations please feel free to PM me. Lots of misinformation on here. First, the Wiltern is in the Mid Wilshire district which is central and accessible to alot of good spots for a meal or a cocktail. Just make sure to cab it people. LAPD dont fuck around. From the Wiltern you are a ten minute cab ride from Hollywood or Downtown. If you really want a true Hollywood experience and have never been here I would start or end at the world famous Rainbow on Sunset. Right next door is the Roxy and a great bar upstairs with live music called On The Rox. After the show if you feel like a late night meal and/or cocktail for good people watching go to Canters Deli on Fairfax. In the back of the deli is a great bar called the Kibbitz Room. The KR is famous for having local celebs drop in to do a set now and then unannounced. This was a long time Chili Peppers haunt. We are a big town so if you need help with logisitics drop me a PM.
  • Options
    Trader vic's is no mas as we once knew it here in the city of angels but if you want to party like a real pearl jam fan check out this place...

http://www.jumbos.com/

lace up your drinking shoes...

see ya after the show.

This is wrong. Vic's has reopened at the Beverly Hilton.
  • Options
    HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    Saw Widespread Panic on a three night run at the Wiltern 2 summers ago and you didn't need to go anywhere before or after the show. The top floor of the parking deck was the biggest party you've seen. People selling beer, pizza and whatever else you wanted. Music blaring and people just enjoying each other.

I'll never forget the suprised, giddy look on the face of the parking deck attendant as we drove in the second night. She asked,"What's going on up there?"

It was wild to have a mini-bonnaroo in the middle of L.A.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:

Last call is 130. Drinks till 2am at most places
  • Options
    Hollyweird wrote:
    Last call is 130. Drinks till 2am at most places

make sure you got some stock at the hotel... just in case...

There's a liquor store at least every 5 blocks here in LA.

Let me know if you're having problem getting some... hehehe!
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    THIS was a fantastic place on La Cienega... as I recall, it wasn't TOO far from the ramada west hollywood.

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/81713/west_hollywood_ca/coronet_pub.html

Probably too small for what ya all want though but it played great music, anything I asked for, the clientele were soo lovely and friendly, I think I knew everyone in there by the end of the first night... and the bar staff were cute and very friendly :)

"The camaraderie among customers is clear, so much so that "Cheers" cliches come to mind, but even newcomers are happily welcomed into the fold. Mix CDs dominate the sound system, and regulars contribute their own selections--expect to hear anything from the Violent Femmes to Cream. Things don't really get rolling until after 11pm, but drinks flow through closing time. The bartender will even serve a shot at 1:59am, provided it's gone by 2am."

Read the reviews too... they all pretty much back up what i've said. I see it hasn't changed much :)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/coronet-pub-west-hollywood
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

http://theguide.latimes.com/bars-and-clubs/mmxla-coronet-pub-venue-1

UPDATE: the Coronet is closing Feb. 23. The Guide will keep you posted if a new drinking establishment goes into the space (we're pretty sure no bar will).

Dammit :( :( I'm never gonna get there again.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you