Limited Ed. Ames Bros Book mini prints- which ones did you get?

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
edited January 2008 in The Porch
just wondering if all of us who bought Ames bros limited got the same 3 artist mini proofs in the white envelope?

mine had:

none have wording

an orange version of winnipeg 05
a cropped version of Montreal 98
some blue/green underwater creature with traiangular teeth and bubble coming out if its mouth I can't identify
edit- identified as the easy street poster
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Here's what I received:

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/kj1nyr/PJ%20vs%20Ames/?action=view&current=IMG_9007.jpg

That creature is the famous Easy Street Monster btw.

Peace,
    KJ
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Here's what I received:

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/kj1nyr/PJ%20vs%20Ames/?action=view&current=IMG_9007.jpg

Peace,
    KJ

why is your book red? :confused:

i thought they were all orange...or is it simply your pic of the book is off?
    btw - i haven't gotten mine yet, perhaps today. i haven't checked the tracking on it either, it'll get here when it gets here....but i do look forward to it! i'm kinda glad it's arriving after the new year, no holiday *distractions*...take my sweet time getting familiar with it as should alwas be done with an art book imho. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    yeah figured out easy street is the blue green one after paging through te book, it is also a differnt color in the actual poster. I guess they are the same then as those are the ones I have received

the book is orange the color is off in the photo

this book is awesome

I collect art books and this is on par withthe best of them if not better. no images are cut in half save the enlarged accent pages. Color is accccurate, and there is a ton of stuff in it. This book will sit proudly amongst my best Pollock/picasso/michelangelo/okeeffe/Art insitute-moma-metro exhbit catalogues.

if you like PJ posters buy this book
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    yeah figured out easy street is the blue green one after paging through te book, it is also a differnt color in the actual poster. I guess they are the same then as those are the ones I have received

the book is orange the color is off in the photo

this book is awesome

I collect art books and this is on par withthe best of them if not better. no images are cut in half save the enlarged accent pages. Color is accccurate, and there is a ton of stuff in it. This book will sit proudly amongst my best Pollock/picasso/michelangelo/okeeffe/Art insitute-moma-metro exhbit catalogues.

if you like PJ posters buy this book

i collect art books as well, mostly photography. however, as a former art teacher i have amassed a pretty nice collection of ALL arts books, museums, all media, etc. i LOVE them. so when i saw an art book that ALSO combines with my love for pearl jam, well.....bliss. :D really looking forward to it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Here's what I received:

Peace,
    KJ

i have the same 3 prints-

that kinda takes away from it for me, if they gave us all many of the same prints.

oh well.

the presentation and in particular the sleeve is a nice addition , as well as the clear pages inside page by page color by color until the toronto poster comes together on the final turn of the page. Also , the artists scetches and drafts in the back are very cool also.

what exactly made them decide on 2600 copies ?
    how do they arrive at that 2600 figure ?
    ddoes it signify anything in particular ?

and lookey here looks like someone pissed off the moderators !
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=268291

:eek:

ungrateful heathons !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

that kinda takes away from it for me, if they gave us all many of the same prints.

oh well.

the presentation and in particular the sleeve is a nice addition , as well as the clear pages inside page by page color by color until the toronto poster comes together on the final turn of the page. Also , the artists scetches and drafts in the back are very cool also.

whats up bath? glad to see you're still alive and kickin'. kickin' ass that is.
  • joseppijoseppi Posts: 58
    Looking at this is making me get excited for mine!
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Bathgate66 wrote:

ungrateful heathons !

My 2 cents to that thread.....

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Better things to concern yourself with. That simple.

BTW.... 10C... Vic on vinyl! ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Grateful for the extra prints , beautiful , and an amazing book. More than happy to have spent the $$ . Next step , signatures .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    i collect art books as well, mostly photography. however, as a former art teacher i have amassed a pretty nice collection of ALL arts books, museums, all media, etc. i LOVE them. so when i saw an art book that ALSO combines with my love for pearl jam, well.....bliss. :D really looking forward to it!

You will love it. I was amazed at how much the posters have to do with songs, I never pieced a lot of them to the music, but as you read through you'll be awakened to how cool these posters actually are in terms of the symbolism in them.
  • SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
    so are all the inserts the same for everyone? Is that what I gather from the thread?
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I haven't received mine yet either, but am anxiously awaiting it. I already know I'm going to love it. I have all of the other rock art books and I think this one sounds better than most. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    Bathgate66 wrote:

oh well.

what exactly made them decide on 2600 copies ?
    how do they arrive at that 2600 figure ?
    ddoes it signify anything in particular ?

ungrateful heathons !

It is actually 3000 copies altogether with the AP's how they picked the number????? Probably thought that was what they could sell.

The book is very nice and well worth the money..... the folks in the "other" thread got out of line quickly "stupid white people" comment or whatever it was went to far IMO.....

$200 is not that much for the quality, art books are expensive to make and buy and this has a lot of pages with images even more expensive.... Ames is not getting rich off this book and unless they sell out they will struggle to break even :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Spinbrett wrote:
    so are all the inserts the same for everyone? Is that what I gather from the thread?

i received the same vvvvvv
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Here's what I received:

Peace,
    KJ

:)
  • kj1nyr wrote:
    Here's what I received:

Peace,
    KJ

I got the same prints as you.
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    KDH12 wrote:
    It is actually 3000 copies altogether with the AP's how they picked the number????? Probably thought that was what they could sell.

The book is very nice and well worth the money..... the folks in the "other" thread got out of line quickly "stupid white people" comment or whatever it was went to far IMO.....

$200 is not that much for the quality, art books are expensive to make and buy and this has a lot of pages with images even more expensive.... Ames is not getting rich off this book and unless they sell out they will struggle to break even :)

Totally agree!
    I got the ltd edition today and I think its an amazing collection of art and the quality of the final product was great both for the ltd and the regular edition.. I think both were worth every single penny.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Totally agree!
    I got the ltd edition today and I think its an amazing collection of art and the quality of the final product was great both for the ltd and the regular edition.. I think both were worth every single penny.

I was amazed at myself when I decided to buy the $200 book. I'm so glad I did and can't wait to get it. :D
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Bathgate66 wrote:

ungrateful heathons !
    Wow, thats about as pissed off as I've seen Kat...she usually tries to kill them with kindness.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pretty psyched on this book. i like ed's comment on the edmonton '05 poster, something like: "well, not all posters can be great." classic.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Kat bitch-slapped the taper...

CLASSIC!!!
    my2hands wrote:
    Kat bitch-slapped the taper...

CLASSIC!!!

im guessing it was directed more at mr fanch, but who knows for sure.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Yea got the same prints too- but these are definitlely something that can be put in a frame, at much cheaper than the other show posters which over expensive to frame. I think the three of them will look nice together, wonder why they chose the wolf head one though.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
    Bathgate66 wrote:

oh well.

why?
    :confused:

quite honestly, i NEVER expected anything BUT for all to get the same art prints. besides, it would further *complicate* the bitching, who got what art print...oh this or that is better, etc, etc. :rolleyes: and ya know it too. ;) haha.

i got my book yesterday as i thought/hoped. :) of course, same art prints as everyone. however, as of right now my book remains sealed. i merely opened the package to make sure the contents were completely undamaged, but as i don't have the time to dedicate to relly pouring over it, i am leaving it as is until the weekend so i really savor my first look. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Bathgate66 wrote:
    im guessing it was directed more at mr fanch, but who knows for sure.
    I dunno, fanch's comment was typical fanch, laced with some humor...Kat may not have found it funny, but I don't think she was referring to him with her rude comment and certainly his comment wouldn't get the thread locked on its own. Taper repeatedly bashed the 10c and Ames bros, calling their work sh*t amongst other things. If he hates 10c and Ames so much and finds that Pearl Jam is all about money now, I'm not sure why he bothers coming here.
    I mean if you don't like the content of the book...don't buy it.
    If you think its too expensive...don't buy it.
    If you like the images but think $200 is high, buy the $50 edition.
    But nobody is forcing him or anyone else to like anything or buy anything. Seems everyone who has received the book so far is reporting in pleased, so why piss all over the thing in a thread?
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    pretty psyched on this book. i like ed's comment on the edmonton '05 poster, something like: "well, not all posters can be great." classic.
    that was my favorite, too. :)
    ed's a comedian throughout the book, really....
  • Poncier wrote:
    I dunno, fanch's comment was typical fanch, laced with some humor...Kat may not have found it funny, but I don't think she was referring to him with her rude comment and certainly his comment wouldn't get the thread locked on its own. Taper repeatedly bashed the 10c and Ames bros, calling their work sh*t amongst other things. If he hates 10c and Ames so much and finds that Pearl Jam is all about money now, I'm not sure why he bothers coming here.
    I mean if you don't like the content of the book...don't buy it.
    If you think its too expensive...don't buy it.
    If you like the images but think $200 is high, buy the $50 edition.
    But nobody is forcing him or anyone else to like anything or buy anything. Seems everyone who has received the book so far is reporting in pleased, so why piss all over the thing in a thread?

if i wrote what i really thought about taper and his re-cock-ulous threads/posts, i'd probably get banned again.
    nfanel wrote:
    that was my favorite, too.
    ed's a comedian throughout the book, really....

totally. i was surprised by the lack of stone comments, but i guess he's not into posters. ed had many 'favorite' posters.
    if i wrote what i really thought about taper and his re-cock-ulous threads/posts, i'd probably get banned again.
    Yeah you of all people should refrain from comment...I'm sure I know where you stand.
    pretty psyched on this book. i like ed's comment on the edmonton '05 poster, something like: "well, not all posters can be great." classic.

:D

i missed this comment in my first read-through. great stuff and so true! hahahahahahahaha. i just rebought this poster, i initially picked it up at a show for a friend, and i just had it framed. :p i even told the framer that if i hadn't been at the show i'd never buy it, my least fave of all the posters for shows i've attended, but yea....can't have my collection without it. hysterical stuff! soooo look forward to reading all the comment, looking at all the beautiful and sure not so beautiful ;) imagery.......great!

re - that *other* thread. simply put: rude. started with rude intent and continued onwards. personally there is discussion from all sides/angles and there is utter rudeness. one does not need/require rudeness to disagree and get their point across, so it is unsurprising how that thread ran it's course....all comments involved.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• :D

i missed this comment in my first read-through. great stuff and so true! hahahahahahahaha. i just rebought this poster, i initially picked it up at a show for a friend, and i just had it framed. :p i even told the framer that if i hadn't been at the show i'd never buy it, my least fave of all the posters for shows i've attended, but yea....can't have my collection without it. hysterical stuff! soooo look forward to reading all the comment, looking at all the beautiful and sure not so beautiful ;) imagery.......great!

re - that *other* thread. simply put: rude. started with rude intent and continued onwards. personally there is discussion from all sides/angles and there is utter rudeness. one does not need/require rudeness to disagree and get their point across, so it is unsurprising how that thread ran it's course....all comments involved.

I can't believe the negativity... who honestly thinks people want to hear about that on here. Opinions are one thing. I totally agree with what a lot of people are saying about the "other" thread. My book is waiting at home and I'm jacked!!! I think I'm dedicating my basement to PJ posters...
    i was not / am not bitching and moaning about the book or the 10C.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my binded , numbered & signed poster magic book--
    i was only saying that the poster enthusiast in me ( as well as a few others ) seemed to think we might all get 3 different and unique customized prints.

Perhaps they should have sold it with the caviat that all 2600 of us would receive the very same limited 3 artists prints included with the book.

again, its most likely my own fault for wishing for the stars- call me selfish .

I still love the book ,the prints , the package , the presentation , the fanclub, and the band.

thanks fellas ( and ladies ) .

C
    C
    C
    platessmall.jpg