Poster Question....

jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,487
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Been collecting posters for about 2 years now...was curious as to why the 1998 (Yield) poster were more sought after than other posters??? Anyone know?....Also looking to trade so have a look!

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=9874 - check my trades

cheers
"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lets see.

lower print runs
    posters didnt survive(1996+98 fans still used tacks)
    considered AMES golden era
    1998 yield tour was historically important in the gigposter world
    the gigposter fad % (PJ especially) has gone up at least 5,000% since then
    thanks ebay!

hard to believe that was ten years back.
  • I know, ten years....makes me feel sort of aged a bit...
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    It's because, despite what ames thinks, the posters were better. They were designed to compliment the city and/or venue and they were more detailed and more artistic. The golden age is right.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    PM sent! And yes, I think the Yield era was the best for Ames. I'm still looking for this one: http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1643 ...it's my holy grail.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 181
    Been collecting posters for about 2 years now...was curious as to why the 1998 (Yield) poster were more sought after than other posters??? Anyone know?....Also looking to trade so have a look!

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=9874 - check my trades

cheers
    Well you have alot of 98's on your wanted list on EB so maybe you could tell us why you want them and maybe you'll answer your own question.
  • Also back then I think of lot of people weren't looking for them. I stumbled across the one from Portland about 15 minutes before the show started (opener). Liked it, but almost didn't get it because I thought it would be hard to keep safe. I had no clue that they were limited to 400 or that people collected them (if any did at the time), but I finally talked myself into it and bought it. Then I was amazed that it survived the show without damage.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    I had some posters from that tour along with others. They got pretty beat up while I was at college. I brought them home and I think my mother shit canned them. UGH.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Still have Hartford 96, but my 98 got destroyed at an old apartment when a radiator sprayed water and rust everywhere. I'll replace it someday...