"Ten" released as a 2 disc Special Edition?

Dirty HankDirty Hank Posts: 15
edited January 2008 in The Porch
What do you guys think the chances are of releasing "Ten" as a 2 disc remastered & b-sides edition are? The reissues for Depeche Mode and Weezer's "Blue" album got me thinking (not to mention the tracks from Lost Dogs). The guys of PJ have always said how they didn't like the production of "Ten" from Rick Parashar and that the tracks were always too polished. This would be a great chance to fix that and it would sound amazing. I'd be pretty impressed if that were to happen. Your thoughts?
"A compiment for US...is a compliment for YOU." - Eddie Vedder of Citizen Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    excellent idea. when do you plan to release it?
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • yeah, i could definetaly see this happening, but probably not until they do a box set, that will be one of the selling points for us to buy, ten redone, i could def. see that getting done..
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    I'd like to see them do a three-disc set like the Clash did for the remastered London Calling.

Disc 1: Original album remixed by Brendan O, with bonus stuff like I Got a Feeling and stuff from the Ten sessions (Alone, Breath, Brother, Just a Girl...)
    Disc 2: A pristine copy of the First Week Rehearsals tape.
    Disc 3: A DVD of unplugged (mostly to shut the fan boys up).
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
    These things usually happen at the 20 to 25year mark with a few exceptions(Weezer). I think it's a definite, I love Ten but the sound on that record does not have the same warmth as the others, I'd love Brendan O'Brien to mix it like he did the tracks off Ten for Rearview Mirror, I think he does an incredible job of capturing the live feel of the band..

Ten (Possible)
    20th Anniversary Edition

Disc One

01) Once
    02) Even Flow
    03) Alive
    04) Why Go
    05) Black
    06) Jeremy
    07) Oceans
    08) Porch
    09) Garden
    10) Deep
    11) Release

Disc Two

01) Wash
    02) Breath
    03) State of Love & Trust
    04) Dirty Frank
    05) Brother(w/ Lyrics)
    06) Girl
    07) Footsteps
    08) Alone
    09) Yellow Ledbetter
    10) I've Got a Feeling
    11) Alive (Live)
    12) Master/Slave
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof
  • I think it'd be great to hear a remixed version of Ten, but right now I'm looking forward to the box set that will supposively come out in February.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    These things usually happen at the 20 to 25year mark with a few exceptions(Weezer). I think it's a definite, I love Ten but the sound on that record does not have the same warmth as the others, I'd love Brendan O'Brien to mix it like he did the tracks off Ten for Rearview Mirror, I think he does an incredible job of capturing the live feel of the band..

Ten (Possible)
    20th Anniversary Edition

Disc One

01) Once
    02) Even Flow
    03) Alive
    04) Why Go
    05) Black
    06) Jeremy
    07) Oceans
    08) Porch
    09) Garden
    10) Deep
    11) Release

Disc Two

01) Wash
    02) Breath
    04) Dirty Frank
    05) Brother(w/ Lyrics)
    06) Girl
    07) Footsteps
    08) Alone
    09) Yellow Ledbetter
    10) I've Got a Feeling
    11) Alive (Live)
    12) Master/Slave

ten session - wow!

just wow!
    I will swallow poison

Ten (Possible)
    20th Anniversary Edition

Disc One

01) Once
    02) Even Flow
    03) Alive
    04) Why Go
    05) Black
    06) Jeremy
    07) Oceans
    08) Porch
    09) Garden
    10) Deep
    11) Release

Disc Two

01) Wash
    02) Breath
    04) Dirty Frank
    05) Brother(w/ Lyrics)
    06) Girl
    07) Footsteps
    08) Alone
    09) Yellow Ledbetter
    10) I've Got a Feeling
    11) Alive (Live)
    12) Master/Slave

forget stuff we already have (i.e. everything you listed for disc 2). give us demos and outtakes of the songs.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Ten (Possible)
    20th Anniversary Edition

Disc One

01) Once
    02) Even Flow
    03) Alive
    04) Why Go
    05) Black
    06) Jeremy
    07) Oceans
    08) Porch
    09) Garden
    10) Deep
    11) Release

Disc Two

01) Wash
    02) Breath
    04) Dirty Frank
    05) Brother(w/ Lyrics)
    06) Girl
    07) Footsteps
    08) Alone
    09) Yellow Ledbetter
    10) I've Got a Feeling
    11) Alive (Live)
    12) Master/Slave

Well put! Yeah, Weezer did it in ten years along with the reissue of NIN's "Downward Spiral". I could see a 20 year edition in 2011. Good call. And if we are thinking a 3rd disc DVD (like U2's Joshua Tree that just came out), should it have Unplugged or a sick remastered concert from '92 such as Lallapalooza where Ed is jumping of shit left and right?
    "A compiment for US...is a compliment for YOU." - Eddie Vedder of Citizen Dick
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    I'd rather buy a boxset then have to rebuy their albums just to get a few rare/unreleased items per disc.

They could probably release a a boxset with zero album tracks we already have (a la Nirvana) and use alternate takes/mixes, rarities, and demo.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    Dirty Hank wrote:
    What do you guys think the chances are of releasing "Ten" as a 2 disc remastered & b-sides edition are? The reissues for Depeche Mode and Weezer's "Blue" album got me thinking (not to mention the tracks from Lost Dogs). The guys of PJ have always said how they didn't like the production of "Ten" from Rick Parashar and that the tracks were always too polished. This would be a great chance to fix that and it would sound amazing. I'd be pretty impressed if that were to happen. Your thoughts?

instead of doing ten 2 disc special edition what about a NEW ALBUM?instead double album!
    danny d
  • With any Pearl Jam reissue that is released (someday, hopefully), I just want it to include a DVD-Audio disc or at the very least the CD should be a hybrid SACD with a surround sound mix.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    With any Pearl Jam reissue that is released (someday, hopefully), I just want it to include a DVD-Audio disc or at the very least the CD should be a hybrid SACD with a surround sound mix.

Well, since DVD-A and SACD are pretty much DOA as audio formats, I don't think that's very likely to happen.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • I know once upon a time plans for a Ten re-release got far enough that it actually showed up on a Sony list of upcoming albums.

About 7-8 years ago, it kept showing up on the list of new releases we would get at the record store I worked in. Obviously it never happened, but clearly it has been worked on or at least talked about.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Here's the way I think the Ten 20th Anniversary Edition should be:

Disc 1:
    1. Once
    2. Even Flow
    3. Alive
    4. Why Go
    5. Black
    6. Jeremy
    7. Oceans
    8. Porch
    9. Garden
    10. Deep
    11. Release

Disc 2:
    1. Brother (original)
    2. Alone (Ten Sessions Version)
    3. Hold On
    4. (Just A) Girl
    5. Wash
    6. Oceans (Remix)
    7. Yellow Ledbetter
    8. I've Got a Feeling
    9. Breath (Ten Sessions Version) (different from Singles soundtrack)
    10. Wash (Remix)
    11. Master/Slave (not listed)

Disc 3:
    (DVD) All music videos from Ten
    Interview with the band (Ten era)
    Random videos shot from Ten era (you never know what they have)
    Memorable live videos from Ten era (maybe a cleaned-up and remastered (Just a) Girl video included in a list of about 15 or so?)

The other side (stuff for your computer) of the DVD will include:
    Enhanced material (computer background, screensaver, exclusive webspot)

So do you like mine the best? lol
  • Dirty Hank wrote:
    Well put! Yeah, Weezer did it in ten years along with the reissue of NIN's "Downward Spiral". I could see a 20 year edition in 2011. Good call. And if we are thinking a 3rd disc DVD (like U2's Joshua Tree that just came out), should it have Unplugged or a sick remastered concert from '92 such as Lallapalooza where Ed is jumping of shit left and right?

I was kind of disappointed with the reissue of "Downward Spiral" it didn't have any b-sides, or demos, or any new tracks at all. It was a double sided disc, one side was the original album, I guess digitally remastered, I couldn't tell much difference, then the other side was the DVD which had the same album remastered for surround sound, 3 music videos, a discography (why?) and an image gallery of just weird pictures that were inside the album booklet. I mean it was cool, but I would like to see a little bit more from a "Special" edition, really the only thing it had that the original didn't were those 3 music videos, which you could probably find on YouTube.

I hope they do a better job with Ten, if they do it.
  • no leave it alone its perfect im sick of band after band re releasing stuff just because everything is digital and perfect, ive yet to hear an album sound as good as the production on TEN
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    I don't think it will happen. Sony owns the masters and PJ isn't on the label. By the time Sony does get around to releasing this... they will be out of business.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    forget stuff we already have (i.e. everything you listed for disc 2). give us demos and outtakes of the songs.

I agree, let us hear pieces that we have not heard...
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • wolfman wrote:
    no leave it alone its perfect im sick of band after band re releasing stuff just because everything is digital and perfect, ive yet to hear an album sound as good as the production on TEN

I agree with that in part. Just thinking about the re-mix songs on Rearviewmirror, Once I liked, but I thought Black was damn near blasphemy. I know digitally remastered is different from re-mixing a song, but since that was Sony's plan on the greatest hits, what will they do with something like this?
  • Nice time to do something like this definitely in association with remixing the songs and re-releasing at least the early CD's
  • I was kind of disappointed with the reissue of "Downward Spiral" it didn't have any b-sides, or demos, or any new tracks at all. It was a double sided disc, one side was the original album, I guess digitally remastered, I couldn't tell much difference, then the other side was the DVD which had the same album remastered for surround sound, 3 music videos, a discography (why?) and an image gallery of just weird pictures that were inside the album booklet. I mean it was cool, but I would like to see a little bit more from a "Special" edition, really the only thing it had that the original didn't were those 3 music videos, which you could probably find on YouTube.

I hope they do a better job with Ten, if they do it.

this is the deluxe edition, has two discs. the one you are talking about was the dualdisc release.

http://www.9inchnails.com/discography/official-releases/the-downward-spiral-deluxe-edition.php

but i like the deluxe edition cds. i have the weezer one, tommy, and the downward spiral and i like how the first disc is the original(for people that dont own it already) and the second is special stuff.

i like how on weezer's it kept the common version of say it aint so but included the orignal most havent heard. pj could so something like this inlcude the oceans remix and the versions on rvm on disc 2. but thats mostly just a waste for most of us.
  • SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    jeddeth wrote:
    I don't think it will happen. Sony owns the masters and PJ isn't on the label. By the time Sony does get around to releasing this... they will be out of business.

never say never ;)
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com