Best of the Porch Hysteria 2/18/08

j.roj.ro Posts: 111
edited February 2008 in The Porch
My friend compiled this list and sent it to me in an email...I just had to share it with the board. The quotes will remain anonymous. After two of the most stressful hours of my recent life, we were fortunate enough to get two sets of tickets for Berkeley. However, the stress was enough to send me home into the arms of a bottle of red wine and a few milligrams of klonopin. I hope everyone is at least breathing a little easier today...

AND...see you in Berkeley!!!
- Jenny, Lisa, and Ariel :)

1) refresh for an hour, 11:01 Vancouver was in my cart. If I were a smoker, i'd have been through a pack by now...

2) Im ALREADY having a seven and seven...and a smoke..GOD that was stressful!!! I need to take a valium and an aspirin now to avoid the coronary...

3) I thought I had tickets in hand .... the system suddenly crashed, my cart was suddenly empty and now I have NOTHING to show for the solid hour of "refresh" stress.

4) Holy Fuck Balls!!!!
Three pending transactions later under one 10C number and two CC #'s, I finally have a fucking confirmation in my profile. *Breathes HUGE sigh of relief*
But with the $288 of extra charges pending on my accounts, my husband is going to be PISSED.

5) Is this the fucking April Fool's joke?

6) I need to call someone at 10c
I was just finishing my payment
had all my info in
and it said an unexpected error has occured
and went to try again and it says out of stock
WTF!!!!!!
Im gonna cry
This is shit

7) i think i'm gonna puke....

8) thank god i got through....really thank GOD. what a nightmare this was....

9) i'm gonna faint, totally stressed out on this.

10) I had to take a Clonazepam (anti-anxiety pill)!

11) I didn't want to be this panicky before noon on a Monday!! haha

12) between the cigarettes and the stress, I should be close to dead.....

13) i took screencaps of the page that said it went thru, just in case!
god i need a drink lol

14)Yeah, at this point "SOLD OUT" would almost be a relief. At least, I could get on with my day...

15) Got through to 10C.
said Van is sold out.
I guess its ticketbastard for me.

16) blood pressure went so down now, was gonna faint off my chair this past hour.

17) These places are small and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Unless of course you want to be ON TOP of eddie
raising hand
He wouldn't even have to sing

18) Both LA shows now say out of stock...
boy, I'm glad I've paid my membership dues... I get to buy tix to shows in town... no wait, I'm fucked after over 2 hours at the computer.
And what about that elusive Deep Magazine? I wonder if I'll ever see one of those...
Did I accidentally log on to the Creed Fanclub website?
Guess I'll have to suck someone's dick for tickets...

19) I put a message in the bitching thread, about this but -
who else got charged for everytime they saw "unexpected error" on the CC page? I did, I was charged 5 times over, now my account is drained, and explains why my card was denied when i tried to get LA tix.
What should i do? I am now broke and poor, and i dont want my tickets cancelled, just my funds back! I also got charged an overdraft fee for everytime i got the error message. Do i just eat the cost of $36.00 X 5 = and extra $180????? fawk!
Oh half his life, a hand me down, wasted away
Of he fills it up, with the love, of a girl...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    AWESOME!! That was hilarious!! Thanks for compiling and posting!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    j.ro wrote:
    7) i think i'm gonna puke....

yea! i made the list!! hehehehehehe :D:D
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,846
    man that explains the hell that most of you went through, glad i wasn't involved in this one, feel sorry for all you that missed out...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Hehe

I recognise some of those.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Nice list .... hopefully most people put this all into persepctive ... sadly, I'm sure there are plenty that don't.

Did I curse at the computer screen yesterday? More than once, yeah. (My curse of choice is to call the computer a "whore" in case you're wondering.)

Would I have bitched if I got charged several times but got no tickets? Yeah, moreso for the process, not because of charges that will be refunded to me. (But, dig this people ... if you're living paycheck to paycheck and an extra charge from the 10c for a week before getting refunded is the difference between you paying the rent or not ... perhaps you need to reevaluate your priorities .... or sell some blood or semen).

Would life go on? Absolutely!

Heck, there are still 80-90% of the tickets going on sale in the future ...

This west coast living has really chilled me out ... that, and getting old ...

Deep breaths people ... deep breaths.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Even in my angriest moments of any 10c sale, someone manages to make me smile :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    j.ro wrote:
    19) I put a message in the bitching thread, about this but -
    who else got charged for everytime they saw "unexpected error" on the CC page? I did, I was charged 5 times over, now my account is drained, and explains why my card was denied when i tried to get LA tix.
    What should i do? I am now broke and poor, and i dont want my tickets cancelled, just my funds back! I also got charged an overdraft fee for everytime i got the error message. Do i just eat the cost of $36.00 X 5 = and extra $180????? fawk!

is this one for real? if so then if it were me i'd be drawing up legal papers... thats repugnant.. i feel sorry for this person.. what a total disaster :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    jimed14 wrote:
    Nice list .... hopefully most people put this all into persepctive ... sadly, I'm sure there are plenty that don't.

Did I curse at the computer screen yesterday? More than once, yeah. (My curse of choice is to call the computer a "whore" in case you're wondering.)

Would I have bitched if I got charged several times but got no tickets? Yeah, moreso for the process, not because of charges that will be refunded to me. (But, dig this people ... if you're living paycheck to paycheck and an extra charge from the 10c for a week before getting refunded is the difference between you paying the rent or not ... perhaps you need to reevaluate your priorities .... or sell some blood or semen).

Would life go on? Absolutely!

Heck, there are still 80-90% of the tickets going on sale in the future ...

This west coast living has really chilled me out ... that, and getting old ...

Deep breaths people ... deep breaths.

Well said jimed. Everyone needs to relax. Taking an anti-anxiety pill? Jesus.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    dunkman wrote:
    is this one for real? if so then if it were me i'd be drawing up legal papers... thats repugnant.. i feel sorry for this person.. what a total disaster :(

yeah this shit is real, i know a few people that this happened to.

sucks. that money is tied up for days now. and for most its an overdraft, so now they have to deal with the bank too.

its a nightmare.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    j.ro wrote:
    5) Is this the fucking April Fool's joke?

classic :)
  • im glad none of those are me
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    rrivers wrote:
    Well said jimed. Everyone needs to relax. Taking an anti-anxiety pill? Jesus.

tell that to number 19 on the list then... i'll get you there phone call as they've had to sell their computer for bread..

this is quite serious for some people
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    tell that to number 19 on the list then... i'll get you there phone call as they've had to sell their computer for bread..

this is quite serious for some people

that's the point ... it's a shame that PJ and like events are being priced out of some people's living style ... a damn shame. Honestly.

But if you're that close to bankruptcy to begin with ... while not expecting to get hit with $200 - 300 extra, if you only that far away from major financial issues ... perhaps a show isn't the thing to be "quite serious" about.

I sincerely hope all works out for those that were overcharged.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Some good ones. I just accepted that I wasn't going to get tickets,and moved on with my day. The one that I feel sorry for is the poor bastard that was charged 3 or 5 times over. That would suck.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
    jimed14 wrote:
    that's the point ... it's a shame that PJ and like events are being priced out of some people's living style ... a damn shame. Honestly.

But if you're that close to bankruptcy to begin with ... while not expecting to get hit with $200 - 300 extra, if you only that far away from major financial issues ... perhaps a show isn't the thing to be "quite serious" about.

I sincerely hope all works out for those that were overcharged.

there is somebody on here who got hit for $3000 worth of pending charges... i also know of one more who had $1600.. now how much is in someone's account is none of anyone's business.. but if i had $150 in it and i tried to buy tickets for a show and got charged 4 times therefore making me poorer than a Russian I'd be highly fucking annoyed.

if someone wants to spend their last $150 on a show then who are we to say their priorities are wrong... might be a 17 year old kid for all we know.. now he has $450 worth of funds missing from his account.. not good
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Wow, just wow.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    ha. only the fan club members can appreciate this! no one else comes close to understanding the stress of a 10C ticket sale. it's an anxiety attack waiting to happen. I am just thrilled for once it wasn't during a work day.
    i didnt have to yell at anyone who walked in my office :)
    dunkman wrote:
    there is somebody on here who got hit for $3000 worth of pending charges... i also know of one more who had $1600.. now how much is in someone's account is none of anyone's business.. but if i had $150 in it and i tried to buy tickets for a show and got charged 4 times therefore making me poorer than a Russian I'd be highly fucking annoyed.

if someone wants to spend their last $150 on a show then who are we to say their priorities are wrong... might be a 17 year old kid for all we know.. now he has $450 worth of funds missing from his account.. not good

$3k? You mean they hit submit about 20 times?

jimed14 wrote:
    $3k? You mean they hit submit about 20 times?

maybe he was trying to buy tix to 3 or 4 shows... then that might only be 4 or 5 times each show? i know of one on here for $1600 and another for $1050...
    dunkman wrote:
    maybe he was trying to buy tix to 3 or 4 shows... then that might only be 4 or 5 times each show? i know of one on here for $1600 and another for $1050...

just saw your link in a different thread ...

dunkman wrote:
    there is somebody on here who got hit for $3000 worth of pending charges... i also know of one more who had $1600..

I don't feel sorry for someone who went through the process enough times to be charged $1600, much less $3000. Why didn't they think, "Hey something's not right here."

I was charged once for a show that I didn't get. Then I got a show in my profile and an email. I thought to myself, "Ok, it must have to be in your profile to mean you have the tickets." Then I tried for the show I previously was charged for and got it. If I hadn't of gotten it that time, I would have stopped trying because I had transferred $500 to cover the 2 shows I wanted.

I agree something should be done, but there is also a level of responsibility for the person who keeps clicking "buy".
    rrivers wrote:
    I don't feel sorry for someone who went through the process enough times to be charged $1600, much less $3000. Why didn't they think, "Hey something's not right here."

oh you so tough and mean...
    rrivers wrote:

I agree something should be done, but there is also a level of responsibility for the person who keeps clicking "buy".

if you click on buy and there is a disclaimer that says " only click once or your account may be charged" then fair enough.. 10club had no such warning... this might have been that persons first time buying tickets... if i click on buy once and nothing happens.. its juman nature to click on it repeatedly until you get the desired result.. same thing with a remote control for a TV where the batteries are losing power.. people think pushing the buttons harder will make it work.. ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    So glad MY misery could bring joy to others :p!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    dunkman wrote:
    oh you so tough and mean...

if you click on buy and there is a disclaimer that says " only click once or your account may be charged" then fair enough.. 10club had no such warning... this might have been that persons first time buying tickets... if i click on buy once and nothing happens.. its juman nature to click on it repeatedly until you get the desired result.. same thing with a remote control for a TV where the batteries are losing power.. people think pushing the buttons harder will make it work.. ;)

What are you talking about "tough and mean"? Just because I said people should use some common sense?

I checked my bank account during the sale, saw I had been charged once, went and bought other tickets (which I got a confirmation for), then went and got charged again to get tickets (which I got a confirmation for). I put 2 and 2 together and realized you had to have a confirmation in your profile to get tickets. If I hadn't have gotten one on my last try, I would have stopped, because that would have been the end of the money I had set for this show.

Like I said, the system should be tweaked, bigger server whatever. I just said people should be more careful and not just clicking buy over and over. And for your comment that this is the first time they have ever bought something online a.) it's 2008. and b.) maybe your first time buying something online shouldn't be for a show in a venue that only holds 2000 people. Maybe you should check out how online buying works.

Just a thought.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    cool.... alcoholics with anxiety issues who smoke alot ;)

btw... what quote was SPEEDY's??
    wishlistfoundation.org
    rrivers wrote:
    What are you talking about "tough and mean"? Just because I said people should use some common sense?

no you said you didnt feel sorry for someone who had $3000 'pending' in their account meaning they were unable to access their own funds.

rrivers wrote:
    I checked my bank account during the sale, saw I had been charged once, went and bought other tickets (which I got a confirmation for), then went and got charged again to get tickets (which I got a confirmation for). I put 2 and 2 together and realized you had to have a confirmation in your profile to get tickets. If I hadn't have gotten one on my last try, I would have stopped, because that would have been the end of the money I had set for this show.

Like I said, the system should be tweaked, bigger server whatever. I just said people should be more careful and not just clicking buy over and over. And for your comment that this is the first time they have ever bought something online a.) it's 2008. and b.) maybe your first time buying something online shouldn't be for a show in a venue that only holds 2000 people. Maybe you should check out how online buying works.

Just a thought.

it is just a thought... prior to 2007 i had never bought 10club tickets before.. i had no idea there was a 'pending' system... i didnt know repeatedly hitting "buy" would remove $150 from my account... where does it say that? not everyone visits the forum... not everyone WAS AWARE until after the event that the money was coming offf their account everytime the hit buy.. why would they? the transaction wasnt complete.. if it gave a warning like "continually buying tickets may result in funds being withheld in your account " then fair enough... no such caveat was put in place for purchasers.
    dunkman wrote:
    no you said you didnt feel sorry for someone who had $3000 'pending' in their account meaning they were unable to access their own funds.
    it is just a thought... prior to 2007 i had never bought 10club tickets before.. i had no idea there was a 'pending' system... i didnt know repeatedly hitting "buy" would remove $150 from my account... where does it say that? not everyone visits the forum... not everyone WAS AWARE until after the event that the money was coming offf their account everytime the hit buy.. why would they? the transaction wasnt complete.. if it gave a warning like "continually buying tickets may result in funds being withheld in your account " then fair enough... no such caveat was put in place for purchasers.

I did say I don't feel sorry for them because I don't. They not only clicked "buy" all those times but they went through all the steps of putting their credit card number in to get it that high without checking to see what was going on. Plus, the charges will come off and if they talk to their bank/credit card company everything will be fine.

You've never bought anything online before? What you saying is misleading because just hitting "buy" did not subtract the money from your account. I clicked "buy" a number of times after I had tickets just out of curiosity and there were no more charges to my account. You had to go through the act of putting your cc number in, etc. It only got charged if you went to step 3 of 3.

You actually wrote the warning should be "continually buying tickets may result in funds being withheld in your account". Ha! So if you keep buying tickets they will keep taking out funds? Bizarre!
    rrivers wrote:
    I did say I don't feel sorry for them because I don't. They not only clicked "buy" all those times but they went through all the steps of putting their credit card number in to get it that high without checking to see what was going on. Plus, the charges will come off and if they talk to their bank/credit card company everything will be fine.

You've never bought anything online before? What you saying is misleading because just hitting "buy" did not subtract the money from your account. I clicked "buy" a number of times after I had tickets just out of curiosity and there were no more charges to my account. You had to go through the act of putting your cc number in, etc. It only got charged if you went to step 3 of 3.

You actually wrote the warning should be "continually buying tickets may result in funds being withheld in your account". Ha! So if you keep buying tickets they will keep taking out funds? Bizarre!

semantics

you dont get to stage 3 of 3 then you try again.. you have to PRESUME that no money has been 'withheld' from the account as the full transaction didnt take place.. why think otherwise :confused:

why defend a system that so obviously failed in its simple 3 step procedure.. why are you laying blame at the feet of the customer??? you click BUY, put in the details, receive an error message, so you try again... 99.9% of people will presume the transaction didnt go through and rightly so.. but unbeknown to them the money has been withheld... for what? the never ordered anything!!!
    dunkman wrote:
    again... 99.9% of people will presume the transaction didnt go through and rightly so..

Actually wrongly so, and not just with the 10Club as many people have stated (maybe in another thread) about restuarants doing similiar things. I even had it happen when paying my car insurance.

My thought was when I clicked the final (3 of 3) page and got an error message was that I might have been charged so I checked my bank.

I'm not defending the system, just asking people to be more careful than just clicking submit over and over.

I have stated that it is wrong for them to withhold the money and not give you tickets. I'm just saying be smarter before you have $3000 rung up.
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    rrivers wrote:

The thing is they weren't actually "buying" tickets until it showed in their profile - that's per the person I spoke with at the 10C. But, the transaction went as far as holding the funds. It won't go through, but that money is held and not available to use by its owner until the hold drops off. Not cool, not fun, very stressful.

I might suggest that folks call their banks and see if the hold can be removed. It's been a very long time since I worked at a bank, but I remember being able to do that.

To the OP - I must have really been freaking out. I made two of the quotes. :D:D:D

Ah, well - what we put ourselves through for these guys. :p
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.