Options

116 Degrees...

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
edited January 2008 in The Porch
damm i love when ed say's that 'AH HUNDRED SIXTEEN DEGREES " it just reminds me of how hard core fans are ,we go when it's hot GORGE ,we go when it's freezing ICE BOWL,we go when it's raining RANDALL'S ISLAND we just don't care about the elements we just wan't to be where they are playing the music ......anybody with me :D
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    hell yeah!

one of the best parts of the Italy DVD

the show in the rain

"You look beautiful when your wet"
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    damm i love when ed say's that 'AH HUNDRED SIXTEEN DEGREES " it just reminds me of how hard core fans are ,we go when it's hot GORGE ,we go when it's freezing ICE BOWL,we go when it's raining RANDALL'S ISLAND we just don't care about the elements we just wan't to be where they are playing the music ......anybody with me :D

ahhh... the rain at randall's island. i was there getting my ass kicked at the ripe age of 14, only to do it again the following night!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    HELL YEAH!!! Wouldnt miss a show for any kind of weather!! :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Ohmygawd that's hot! Eeek! I'm a weather wimp. I couldn't stand that. Kudos to those that can, but ai yai yai, too hot for me.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ahhh... the rain at randall's island. i was there getting my ass kicked at the ripe age of 14, only to do it again the following night!

right during black !!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    damm i love when ed say's that 'AH HUNDRED SIXTEEN DEGREES "

"cuz it's hot like a motherfucker" :D That cracks me up every time I hear it. Not all that uncommon where I'm at :(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281

yeah me too i wasn't 14, but i was there man that was great the next night also ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    That particular Gorge concert was hot! Glad I drank only water once I got thru the gate
    10/22/90, 8/23/91, 1/3/92, 12/8/93, 12/9/93, 2/5/95, 2/6/95, 9/14/95, 9/14/96, 9/15/96, 9/16/96, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 5/30/03, 10/22/03, 9/1/2005, 9/2/2005, 7/6/2006, 7/22/2006
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Ohmygawd that's hot! Eeek! I'm a weather wimp. I couldn't stand that. Kudos to those that can, but ai yai yai, too hot for me.
    you would have been fine....it was very low humidity....lots of water every where....had water filling stations....also lots of folks with misters spraying down their fellow PJ brothren.....plus you still got chills when Wash started........ohhhh let it rain today..
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,635
    callen wrote:
    you would have been fine....it was very low humidity....lots of water every where....had water filling stations....also lots of folks with misters spraying down their fellow PJ brothren.....plus you still got chills when Wash started........ohhhh let it rain today..

Wash was the 1st night which was not nearly as bad as the 2nd day...I spent most of the 3-4 hours before the show in the mist tent that was set up.......it was pretty bad.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    You will all hate me for this, but at that particular show, up until about 10 minutes before they took the stage, we were backstage in a vip air conditioned tent with Jeff and a bunch of his skater buddies having snacks, playing xbox and drinking and having a great time....:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    not nearly as bad as the 2nd day...I spent most of the 3-4 hours before the show in the mist tent that was set up.......it was pretty bad.

Fond memories of that mist tent
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Fond memories of that mist tent
    Where was it? I never saw it, but I did carry a bag of ice around with me. :) I looked like an idiot, but it kept me cool and everyone was jealous. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    wolfbear wrote:
    Where was it? I never saw it, but I did carry a bag of ice around with me. :) I looked like an idiot, but it kept me cool and everyone was jealous. ;)

Maybe the little thing set up at Wildhorse? Near the Sprinklers.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Maybe the little thing set up at Wildhorse? Near the Sprinklers.
    That would explain it as I camped at the Gorge. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    wolfbear wrote:
    That would explain it as I camped at the Gorge. :)
    Rookie ;):D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Rookie ;):D
    We've just always camped at the Gorge, and always had a good time, but I keep meaning to check out Wildhorse. Maybe next time. :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:

Yup. Wildhorse.
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331

Yeah it is cool. I like it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    One of my fave Ed quotes from Nashville 2000:

"Hello to the rest of Tennesee. (played Memphis the night before). Three degrees hotter, we'd think it was hell. Least it ain't Arkansas."
    "It's all happening"