Options

Just Saw RATM (pj related)

*Toastie*Toastie Posts: 59
edited January 2008 in The Porch
So i saw Rage tonight in Sydney Crazy show i was right on the barrier infront of Tom and possibly the best spot in the whole place. So it was good but it got me thinking i dont think anything will ever beat a pearl jam show...for me. Ive now seen pretty much all my favourite bands and the only band that really does for me is PJ. Im pretty sure its a connection thing and an emotional thing because i feel kinda like the music is home in a sence. Does anyone else know what im saying? PJ shows make me wanna jump outa my skin...even rage couldnt do it tonight for me...RAGE! anyway im just realising that maybe every other show i goto might never really satisfy me...kind of a sad feeling.
www.myspace.com/allmankind
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    When I see Pearl jam, it makes me want to rock out with my c@*K out. I know what ur saying though.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    oh man, you gots my hopes up.

i thought you were gonna say they played a PJ tune or Zac called Eddie a dick or something like that.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Sound was atrocious up at the top.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I saw Rage in October. They were incredible live.

However, they are no Pearl Jam. I totally get what the OP is saying.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    I genuinely think that back in 1996 no one in the world could touch Rage, the most important live band in the world at the time, but now PJ are clearly the masters, if it was a toss up I'd pick PJ every single day of the week
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Ugh. This is not PJ related.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    I don't know.

I saw Rage in October...and it was possibly the most energetic performance and crowd I've ever seen at a concert. They never slow down for their whole set.

Rage are on par with Pearl Jam, I think.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    thats one of the problems with being a PJ fan

almost everything else pales in comparison
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I think the difference is that Rage is just one speed for an hour and fifteen minutes...while Pearl Jam is a two hour journey with ebb and flow.

Gotta love a little ebb and flow!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    i hate rage sooo much, the support that stupid fucking cop killer mamula watever the hell. the one that killed the philly cop dan faulkner
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    I think the difference is that Rage is just one speed for an hour and fifteen minutes...while Pearl Jam is a two hour journey with ebb and flow.

Gotta love a little ebb and flow!

Yeah the ebb and flow is pretty sweet. I was thinking to myself if rage played for 2 hrs there would be plenty of people going to hospital!
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Re them supporting the cop killer, try to get past that, and listen to their music, man its fucking mind blowing at times, easily the second best band out there.

But dont let what they stand for put you off, just bounce with it
  • Options
    I always tell my family and friends that they haven't experienced life to the max until they've seen Pearl Jam in concert. Just going in knowing the "hits" is honestly enough in my mind. The rest is just one huge orgy of beautiful music and insanity and everyone should experience at least once!
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    *Toastie wrote:
    So i saw Rage tonight in Sydney Crazy show i was right on the barrier infront of Tom and possibly the best spot in the whole place. So it was good but it got me thinking i dont think anything will ever beat a pearl jam show...for me. Ive now seen pretty much all my favourite bands and the only band that really does for me is PJ. Im pretty sure its a connection thing and an emotional thing because i feel kinda like the music is home in a sence. Does anyone else know what im saying? PJ shows make me wanna jump outa my skin...even rage couldnt do it tonight for me...RAGE! anyway im just realising that maybe every other show i goto might never really satisfy me...kind of a sad feeling.

I know exactly what you mean, there's just something about PJ that clicks with me. A PJ show is such an emotional rollercoaster, from sad to happy to angry and everything inbetween.
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    *Toastie wrote:
    even rage couldnt do it tonight for me...RAGE!

You have no soul.

j/k :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07