Options

Ten Club/Pearl Jam could learn a thing from Radiohead

2»

Comments

• Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    6/24/06

Pre-Set Opener:The Kids Are Alright
    Set 1 Long Road, Save You, Hail Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Unemployable, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Gone, Green Disease, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Present Tense, Lukin, Whipping, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted
    Encore 1 Wishlist/(Love is Stronger than Witchcraft), Better Man/(Save it for Later), Inside Job, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2 Comatose, Leash, Alive, Baba O'Riley
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    But I just can't imagine 10C and the band and Management just delaying information because they feel like fucking with everybody's schedules and bank accounts ...

The breakdown in communication was, and still is, disappointing.

The more advanced technology becomes, it seems like the old fashion way of doing things was more efficient.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    fanch75 wrote:
    It was sarcasm.

However, it's also the opinion of a number of board folk.
    Joke taken... It's hard to judge a tone on the WWW. Contrary to belief, the North isn't perfect.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I have mentioned that Radiohead sucks?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    BITCH AND MOAN - the motto of forums.pearljam.com

and here i thought the motto was "DON'T YOU DARE QUESTION ANYTHING THE TEN CLUB DOES OR DOESN'T DO"

i don't think they announced the last tour in such a way to screw with us. i just heard the interview this morning and immediately thought of the Ten Club. i think that they don't want to announce all the dates and then have people get upset if something changes (which happens with any band). but just announcing cities or general areas of the country in advance would be a happy compromise.

it is pretty clear that the pearl jam community is a tight group. like others, most of my tour friends are spread out all over the country. when we only get 24 hours to decide if we want to purchase tickets to a show, it is nearly impossible to get in contact with the people i like to travel with and make any kind of plans. if there was a list of cities well in advance, we could look at it and figure out how many days we can each miss from work and where would be most convenient to meet up and catch some shows.

my best memories of pearl jam shows are from the road trips with my friends....the 2003 "CaliVegas Tour", when several of us met in Vegas and rented a minivan to drive up to San Francisco and hit all the shows in California and then end in Vegas....and especially the 2005 Western Canada trip with up to 11 of us in an RV, rocking the rail every night.
    these happened because we had time to plan the trips.

there is nothing wrong with suggesting a change...
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    I much preferred the 1998, 2000, and 2003 systems of announcing tour dates by mail well before on-sale dates.

I haven't seen the band play in person in over 3 years. I could've overcome the lack of local shows had I known in advance they wouldn't be playing near me. Instead, I relied on the precedents of previous tours and realistically expected them to book dates in Florida, Atlanta, or New Orleans.

Kudos to Radiohead for announcing those cities well before definite dates and venues. At least their fans know whether the shows will be close to them or not.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    pearl jam still plays live?
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    MrSmith wrote:
    pearl jam still plays live?

I guess if you live east of the Rockies and south of Washington, D.C., you might not know, huh?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Although it's a very good idea in theory, I feel that it may backfire:

if they don't have a date, it might end up they can't book something in a particular city at the particular time of the tour (fitting with teh schedule of the other cities)...so you end up people NOT having a date in their area, and having MISSED on booking somewhere else because they thought there would be one..

I'd be just happy with "we're playing NE-south US in june-july, NW in sept-oct, Oz in Dec-Jan, Europe in March-Apr "...no more details..
    but then even that is subject to change...
    dates were booked for Europe in 2003 (Paris in particular..never officially announced but we knew about it), yet they never came in the end..
    had I known that maybe I would have made the trip to New-York with my friends..

so maybe just say teh places they will definitely NOT play would be safer.. :)
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    fanch75 wrote:
    To hell with all those redneck, Bible-thumping racist bigoted hicks.

fuck you, you simpleminded stereotyping self-important yankee

just kidding, of course

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    mensane wrote:

Kind of like people in the south saying to themselves "surely PJ will announce something closer to us later", only to end up missing out on seeing any shows that tour.

just give people an IDEA of where you will be going....is that too much to ask.

Damn well said
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest