NCAA College Football -

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Lane kiffen you suck. I bet he lasts two years
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Boomer Sooner!

OU takes the red river rivalry, that's 6 this decade, what's up Texas?
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    81 wrote:

Hee, hee, hee... :lol:
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    It seem counting past ten is not a college requirement for football players in tennessee.
  • QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    81 wrote:

i LOVE seeing lane kiffen lose. that was great.

penn state's an embarrassment this year. i see 7 wins best case. joepa should have retired after the orange bowl...or at least after last year knowing his all time record was intact.

GIVE ME PAT DEVLIN OR GIVE ME DEATH!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I have to say, Michigan has the worst defense I have seen on any level of football. Pee Wee, Pop Warner, middle school, high school, powder puff, lingerie league, college, junior college, XFL. You name it. Granted they have 4-5 true freshman on the field most of the time, but that is no excuse. At least their games are going to be high scoring and exciting.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    81 wrote:

penn state's an embarrassment this year. i see 7 wins best case. joepa should have retired after the orange bowl...or at least after last year knowing his all time record was intact.

+1. I don't think I have ever rooted for a coach to fail more than him.
    81 wrote:

+1. I don't think I have ever rooted for a coach to fail more than him.

-1. i love joepa. just think he's more of a figurehead at this point.

by the way--has anyone seen the commercials for the new espn channel? i forget what its called but its basically like redzone for college football. not available for comcast or fios yet though. and i think they are taking commercials...
    chinese-happy.jpg

by the way--has anyone seen the commercials for the new espn channel? i forget what its called but its basically like redzone for college football. not available for comcast or fios yet though. and i think they are taking commercials...

I root for kiffin to lose.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Oregon vaults into AP's No. 3 spot

nice!

jeez imagine a rose bowl with oregon and michigan :shock: :lol:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    I have to say, Michigan has the worst defense I have seen on any level of football. Pee Wee, Pop Warner, middle school, high school, powder puff, lingerie league, college, junior college, XFL. You name it. Granted they have 4-5 true freshman on the field most of the time, but that is no excuse. At least their games are going to be high scoring and exciting.
    :roll:
    they don't need no stinking defense

I root for kiffin to lose.
    +1
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    megatron wrote:
    :roll:
    they don't need no stinking defense
    Defense is so over rated. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Things are really beginning to take shape after this past weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see four or five undefeated teams at the end of the regular season (and conference championship games).

It would really create chaos if Alabama is undefeated, Oregon is undefeated, Ohio State is undefeated, Oklahoma (or Nebraska) is undefeated, and Boise is undefeated. If that were to happen, Bama and Ohio State would play for the title in Glendale while Oklahoma/Nebraska and Oregon would be in a crazy position similar to Auburn in 2004.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

there will be a trip up some place down the line.

Bama looks to be the best team hands down right now. They look scary good with that running game.

Ohio State needs to get the offense in motion. I don't know what they were trying to do sat, but it wasn't working. They need to keep saine on the sideline or use him in the slot on a lb. he sucks as a RB. Boom at least brings it although he is a little small. I'm still hoping to see Berry get a few carries.

I hope Boise state loses, so we can stop hearing about them or they move to a real confrence.

Oregon impressed sat on the offensive side, but gave up a lot of points. I'm not ready to buy into them just yet.

I've not seen OK or NE. I was hoping to catch the OK/TX game but for some reason we didn't get it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    81 wrote:
    I hope Boise state loses, so we can stop hearing about them or they move to a real confrence.

BSU's recent record against teams finishing the college season in the top 10 = 4 - 1. Plus, for the last three seasons, BSU has sent every big school in the nation a challenge to play anytime anywhere and none will accept. BSU just lost the #3 ranking while playing in cruize control and beating a team 59-0; and they lost that ranking to a team they not only beat last year in Oregon, but also held to zero first downs in the first half of that game. With the exception of one player, BSU is fielding the same team as the one that went undefeated last year and won the Fiesta Bowl, only we're one year bigger, better, and with a more mature understanding of the game.

If people want BSU to go away, maybe someone ought to step up and play them.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

BSU's recent record against teams finishing the college season in the top 10 = 4 - 1. Plus, for the last three seasons, BSU has sent every big school in the nation a challenge to play anytime anywhere and none will accept. BSU just lost the #3 ranking while playing in cruize control and beating a team 59-0; and they lost that ranking to a team they not only beat last year in Oregon, but also held to zero first downs in the first half of that game. With the exception of one player, BSU is fielding the same team as the one that went undefeated last year and won the Fiesta Bowl, only we're one year bigger, better, and with a more mature understanding of the game.

BSU and TCU are two prime examples of why we need a playoff.
    BSU and TCU are two prime examples of why we need a playoff.

i agree we need a playoff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

hmm, maybe Ohio State can schedule them down the road. Traditionally, OSU plays a solid non confrence opponent each season.

this year was Miami of FL

the last couple of years was a home and home with USC and before that a home and home with TX

next year is Miami at Miami and Colorado from the pac 12 (but lets be honest, they suck)

the following season is Cincy and Cal. Little bit light this year.

The Nebraska games are going to be fun once they join next year. I've always liked hte Huskers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Alabama's athletic director, Mal Moore, was asked two weeks ago if Boise State has ever contacted Alabama in order to try and schedule a game and Moore said that Boise has not. Boise has to do more than issue a "challenge" to big name BCS schools. They have to actually get on the phone and call the schools directly, which apparently they aren't doing.

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

Alabama's athletic director, Mal Moore, was asked two weeks ago if Boise State has ever contacted Alabama in order to try and schedule a game and Moore said that Boise has not. Boise has to do more than issue a "challenge" to big name BCS schools. They have to actually get on the phone and call the schools directly, which apparently they aren't doing.

:lol::lol::lol: so the phones in alabama only receive calls? :lol::lol:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

I've read several major college football articles that vouch for what I am saying. Big time journalists reporting the same thing, so clearly somebody isn't being truthful. Still, every team knows where to find us. Either someone play us, or enough of the we're not good enough attitude.

For the record, I think Bama would eat our lunch. That being said, there is only one way to find out. We still need a playoff system.

norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: so the phones in alabama only receive calls? :lol::lol:

He was just talking tough. I think we all know they don't really have phones in Alabama. Sexy cousins? Sure. Phones? Eh, not so much.

Boise State is who should make the calls since they're the ones screaming about their non-conference scheduling. It's not Alabama's responsibility (nor any other school's responsibility) to initiate any contact with Boise. Boise needs to put their money where their mouth is and quit paying lip service to this farce.

For the record, I like Boise and their head coach, but they need to quit their petty whining.

eyedclaar wrote:

I've read several major college football articles that vouch for what I am saying. Big time journalists reporting the same thing, so clearly somebody isn't being truthful. Still, every team knows where to find us. Either someone play us, or enough of the we're not good enough attitude.

For the record, I think Bama would eat our lunch. That being said, there is only one way to find out. We still need a playoff system.

BSU's atheltic director needs to pick up the phone and start calling schools he would like to play. I don't know about other programs, but Ohio State schedules 3-4 years out.

I've heard the challange thing from BSU as well. I'm sure they have issued it, but i'm not so sure they have tried to schedule. Come to think of it, i know OSU is paying colorado 1.4M to come get thier asses kicked next year at the shoe. I'd prefer a BSU ass kicking. Make it happen Ohio.

and bring on a playoff system.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

BSU's atheltic director needs to pick up the phone and start calling schools he would like to play. I don't know about other programs, but Ohio State schedules 3-4 years out.

I've heard the challange thing from BSU as well. I'm sure they have issued it, but i'm not so sure they have tried to schedule. Come to think of it, i know OSU is paying colorado 1.4M to come get thier asses kicked next year at the shoe. I'd prefer a BSU ass kicking. Make it happen Ohio.

Alabama, just last week, announced that they will play Michigan in Dallas to open the 2012 season. Bama has been scheduling these neutral site games against quality opponents in order to expand the exposure of the program to top recruits and to make some serious coin at these venues. Boise could try to set up a neutral field game on the West Coast against a big name school if they can't convince anyone to travel to the blue turf for a game. The game against Va Tech in Landover back on Labor Day was a good start.

I will try and find it, but I read an article on it a while back. Of course one of the major issues was money. Teams did not want to do home and home with Boise, which is what I think they were looking for, since it would not help the major confernece team where it counts most, at the bank. A lot of big name programs will do the home and home with established teams, Like tOSU mentioned above with Miami, Michigan with Notre Dame etc, since it works out for both teams financialy. Then they bring in the cupcakes since they can pay them a couple hundred thousand or so to travel and lose, but stillmake a lot of money on the game. Boise starting with nuetral site wins is a good step. And naturally, a playoff would help fix this as well.
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Alabama, just last week, announced that they will play Michigan in Dallas to open the 2012 season. Bama has been scheduling these neutral site games against quality opponents in order to expand the exposure of the program to top recruits and to make some serious coin at these venues. Boise could try to set up a neutral field game on the West Coast against a big name school if they can't convince anyone to travel to the blue turf for a game. The game against Va Tech in Landover back on Labor Day was a good start.

i hope Bama kicks the shit out of michigan.

maybe all schools should become independant. than the ncaa could randomly select 10 games for each program to play. then top 16 teams play a tourney for the national title. for those that don't make the tourney, they get to play 2 more games agaist predetermened opponents. than after those two games, they can play a bowl game agaist the 14 teams that get knocked out of the title tourney.

fuckin brilliant i am
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    maybe boise can join a better confrence. i hear the big 12 has a couple of empty slots
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg