Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to this one turning up, no mine won't end up on Ebay got them all since the beginning, still hoping like many others that jack will treat us to Get Behind Me Satan on 180 gram vinyl.

I'd love that too. My Doorbell on vinyl would be great! Anyways can't wait for the DW live album. That'll be fun to play.
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    got this a few days ago and it is great! listened to the album twice and teh 7" once, haven't watched the dvd yet. not sure if it was mentioned but the album is colored 1/2 black, 1/2 blue
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    got this a few days ago and it is great! listened to the album twice and teh 7" once, haven't watched the dvd yet. not sure if it was mentioned but the album is colored 1/2 black, 1/2 blue

I'm still waiting for this to arrive. Getting kinda anxious. I haven't bought Sea of Cowards 12" yet so I'm really looking forward to the live vinyl.
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    okblueduck wrote:

I'm still waiting for this to arrive. Getting kinda anxious. I haven't bought Sea of Cowards 12" yet so I'm really looking forward to the live vinyl.

Just got mine in southern Illinois....Haven't listened or viewed anything yet, but it's a pretty sweet little package this time around(and every other time).
  • Options
    Hope to get mine in northern illinois today!!!
  • Options
    Nothing in Chicago. No sign of the 12" I ordered last week of Blue Blood Blues in hopes of the Triple Decker either.
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    got mine this morning... 8-)

Its raining, and my Mailman showed up to my house about 9am this morning and hand delivered it. I usually get my mail about 1pm. He was like it was raining and I didn't want to leave it outside in case you were not at home. He collects vinyl also, so he knew what it was by the shape of the package.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    Fingers crossed in Chicago today!
  • Options
    Arrived in north nj today.

Thank god they shrink wrap cause the box was soaked. No damage though and god is that double blue black vinyl gorgeous.
    Sounds damn good too.

I'll be at my inlaws tonight to take advantage of their Bose surround sound for the DVD.

Enjoy it everyone!!
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    How many Vault subscribers are there here in the land of Pearl Jam?...
    Anyone get a Triple Decker?..."Snoopy died for our sins" says he has one "on the way" but has yet to divulge the means by which he acquired such a rare item.....still hoping my 12" purchase turns out to be a triple....not holding my breath though...
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    Anyone get a Triple Decker?..."Snoopy died for our sins" says he has one "on the way" but has yet to divulge the means by which he acquired such a rare item.....still hoping my 12" purchase turns out to be a triple....not holding my breath though...

I too hope that my 12" purchase turns out to be a triple decker as well. Not sure what the hold up on shipping these is though. Today has been two weeks since my order was placed and nothing yet at the doorstep.

And of course "snoopy" has one on the way :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I've noticed a shit load of these vault "packages" on eBay. People signing up for access only to flip the stuff they get just pisses me off. :evil:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I've noticed a shit load of these vault "packages" on eBay. People signing up for access only to flip the stuff they get just pisses me off. :evil:

Well, since Jacky really encouraged it I don't see the big deal. Also, if you don't like the stuff that's in a particular Vault package, why not sell it?

The last time I checked that stuff was goin for pretty reasonable prices.
  • Options

I too hope that my 12" purchase turns out to be a triple decker as well. Not sure what the hold up on shipping these is though. Today has been two weeks since my order was placed and nothing yet at the doorstep.

And of course "snoopy" has one on the way :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I haven't had a shipping confirmation yet?! These things take time.....a bit like stuff around here ;)
    Snoopy's triple will be up on ebay soon enough :roll:
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Well, since Jacky really encouraged it I don't see the big deal. Also, if you don't like the stuff that's in a particular Vault package, why not sell it?

Yes jack does say go ahead and sell it if you don't like it...I would think "encourage" was overstating it a bit...but you are right in saying he's all for it.....I guess what I find..."suspicious" shall we say...is the number of "still sealed" vault packages for sale....and not just the latest edition.....which means the person hasn't ever listened to it to know weather they liked it or not..your not going to know unless you open the fucken thing!.....I think the triples were a classic example of this....these were being sold out of Nashville on ebay the day they were purchased from thirdman.....and get this.....some of the so called "bricks and mortar" record stores that received copies to sell have also put them up on ebay! They haven't been made available to individuals to purchase in store.....Now That really pisses me off! :evil: Yes I am cynical to the whole process of people "flipping" vinyl....I've been gathering vinyl for many years and its always happened....
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Yes jack does say go ahead and sell it if you don't like it...I would think "encourage" was overstating it a bit...but you are right in saying he's all for it.....I guess what I find..."suspicious" shall we say...is the number of "still sealed" vault packages for sale....and not just the latest edition.....which means the person hasn't ever listened to it to know weather they liked it or not..your not going to know unless you open the fucken thing!.....I think the triples were a classic example of this....these were being sold out of Nashville on ebay the day they were purchased from thirdman.....and get this.....some of the so called "bricks and mortar" record stores that received copies to sell have also put them up on ebay! They haven't been made available to individuals to purchase in store.....Now That really pisses me off! :evil: Yes I am cynical to the whole process of people "flipping" vinyl....I've been gathering vinyl for many years and its always happened....

Jack does say this but there are some who have defintely got into this for the profit factor. I have all of them since the start the Icky Thump mono pressing and have just received the lovely new Dead Weather Live vinyl (loving the artwork as usual). I joined specifically to own these to have them to play not to stick on the wall or put on Ebay. I'm glad that as long as I get one that the ITW vinyl's will be 1 per customer as I can't for the life of me work out why someone would want 4 copies unless they are looking for copies to sell once the run is exhausted and make some dollar.

I can't call myself a collector because I only buy records to play and not horde or display, I don't have a disposable income to be able to spunk ££ $$ on things to gather dust. I'm sure Jack would rather the people who joined the scheme are taking advantage of the music rather than feathering their pockets but he did say you can sell it if you want, although i'm sure he's prefer the 1st option knowing his and Third Man's mantra "Your Turntable is Not Dead". Now only if I piss my Wife off big time will my Vault items be going anywhere else than in my record collection, the t-shirts in my clothes drawer, the only thing that will be displayed are the prints, posters & postcards once my Wife and I have sorted our new home in Leeds, our 1st owned house which we moved into this Wednesday just gone.
  • Options
    got my vault package a few days ago, awesome indeed. love the dvd as the third item this time, great idea. can't wait to see what's in store for next quarter. i feel like christmas comes five times a year now... rockin'. :D

they just loaded this new radio interview w/ the white stripes from november 2000 in new zealand into the "modplayer". this shit is priceless. it's a half hour of interview, performances, and hilarious Q & A from crazy new zealand callers. for a fan who believes she's heard pretty much everything that's out there that's to do with JW, i was afraid i would've seen/heard a lot of what would be posted, but it's all stuff i had no idea existed. and of course exclusive new content made especially for us subscribers. this is why i love the vault.

i would love for pj to do something more like this... although i don't know if i could afford it!

btw, last month i won a drumhead autographed by the Dead Weather from a record store day contest i had entered. that made my year. 8-)
    Common sense is not so common.
  • Options
    Just signed up for a platinum membership. Why didn't I do this sooner?
    Got to admit though reading through a couple of pages here, the other packages seem to be better than the October one.
  • Options
    Vault package #6 announced.
    Check the page for details.

edit: Here it is... I think I'm going to sit this one out, I'd rather spend the $60 on the upcoming Into the Wild and Singles soundtrack vinyls coming out.

"Vault Package #6

It is with the utmost pleasure we are proud to announce to you the contents of Vault Package #6 (“City Under Siege”)

The long-playing 12” vinyl is a collection of demos recorded by the Greenhornes in preparation for their “East Grand Blues” EP released in 2005. This session, recorded in Nashville (on 2/3/04) at the same studio used for Loretta Lynn’s “Van Lear Rose” album, contains radically different and some altogether previously unheard Greenhornes tracks. The stand-out, in this copy-writer’s mind, is their unparalleled assault on James Brown’s “I’ll Go Crazy” addressed with vicious amounts of Blue Cheer fuzz frenzy. The ‘hornes version of this song has been a staple in their live set for years and it’s a treat to finally make it available on record. The whole thing was mixed by Jack White who’s also been known as an amateur haberdasher.

For your 7” serving we’ve decided to spare no expense...can you smell that picture disc? It’s the White Stripes “Hello Operator” b/w “Jolene” made available on vinyl for the first time in several years! Now we know all of you die-hards already bought the original picture disc the day it came out (yeah, right) so in hopes of keeping those original picture discs special we’ve re-jiggered the artwork with some new (old) images. You like Meg White sitting next to her bass drum? CHECK! You like the flipside peppermint to be from Meg’s bass drum and not the huge peppermint laying next to her? CHECK! You want the fade-out from “Hello Operator” done away with so you can hear Jack and Meg speed up the ending and Meg’s opinion of how that take fared compared to the others? CHECK! You want the Stripes striking cover of Dolly Parton’s “Jolene”? The one that’s been a live favorite for years? CHECK! What more could you ask for? Circus peanuts? That’s absurd. You KNOW we just sold out of those!

In an attempt to further marry the two products in this package we’ve decided to dig up a classic (and relatively unknown) t-shirt from the White Stripes/Greenhornes “Your Southern Can Is Mine” tour from 2001. No one we know actually has one of these t-shirts, but for the sake of keeping those originals special (us, again with all these considerations!) we’re printing this shirt on a classy white-sleeved, black-bodied baseball style t-shirt. These things are SHARP.

Sign up is open NOW and we’re already hard at work to get these things to you as soon as humanly possible. Enjoy the fruits of our labor."
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    I'm pretty stoked again with this....I love getting these packages in the post....It's really fun...
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    i think it would be hardto top the dead weathers live album...but a strips 7" is cool

Just unloaded $100 for the Dead Weather vault package on eBay. Damn flippers. My gain. I keep my vinyl and flipper spends money.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    i think it would be hardto top the dead weathers live album...but a strips 7" is cool

Just unloaded $100 for the Dead Weather vault package on eBay. Damn flippers. My gain. I keep my vinyl and flipper spends money.

what you get
  • Options
    I've been thinking more and more about joining this.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014