Options

A Fan Confession

laurababy0105laurababy0105 Posts: 32
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Hello.

I feel the need to share this story with you, I am unsure why, but I feel most of you will understand.

In 1991 I was dating a musician and I was the typical "Hair Band" Girl. Then, a friend of mine, made me listen to Pearl Jam, I loved them. I even have a limited edition Eddie Vedder Sketch that I bought back then, and to this day it is hanging in my livingroom. Somewhere around the time Yield came out, I slipped away. I got into other bands, different things, and life took over. I became the career oriented, corporate social butterfly that I now detest.

Moving ahead to today. I am remarried, with a 3 year old daughter and I am a complete hippie. I belong to many activist groups and do whatever I can to help people, and Animals.

Ok, now, a few months back, I turned back to Pearl Jam. I realized, after being away from their music for so long, that they have actually been the band I have been looking for all of these years. If I play their albums back to back, I hear the soundtrack of my life. Love, losing love, hate, pain everything.

I know I may ask questions from time to time that some of you may find trivial, or Old NEWS, but remember I have been away for a long time. I am so glad to be back. If I had to pick one song right now, that told people where I am in my life...it would Society. I know that isn't a Pearl Jam song, but that is where I am. Eddie is close enough.

Does anyone know where I can find good pictures of all of their Logo's. They have changed the look of their name many times over the years. I want to do a cross stitch of them. Yep, I sew, crochet and all that, I am a hippie. I hate buying what I can make.

I will quit boring you, thank you
Peace and Love
L
~Changing the world...one person at a time~
~www.myspace.com/laurababy0105~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    for some off the beaten path tracks, go here. might be a good place to flesh out your reconnection.

http://www.gremmie.net
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    Thanks! I will take any help that anyone wants to give!

Peace and Love to all
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    you a dead head? lol... go in the good section on the main site and youll find alot of different PJ logos (bumper stickers etc) you'll get an idea. oh nad you cant go wrong with the stickman.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Nope not a Dead Head, but I feel that Pearl Jam has sort of become the same kind of Animal. At least that is how I feel. Today's version.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    A hippie with a computer, a bit of an oxymoron :D Welcome back.

Just rembember when you do ask a question just say that you have been gone a while etc etc because people on here are sometimes like "Oh Eddie did that like 2 years 6 months and 22 days ago. Dah where have you been?" Just a tip.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Thanks, for that tip.

I am looking for a good copy of the Logo from Live at the Gorge. I do not own it yet, so does anyone have a copy of it, or can they scan it for me?
    Please?

Peace and Love
  • Options
    RiderRider Posts: 125
    Welcome Back! It is nice to see some positivity around here. I have a 4 and 1 year old that hopefully will be seeing some live PJ this summer. Better join/rejoin the 10 Club!

Another band worth checking out is Tea Leaf Green. Nice vibe there too. Legally downloadable for free at http://www.archive.org.

Peace........
    We all walk the Long Road...

Charlotte & Raleigh Lollapalooza 1992, Charlotte Memorial 1996, Tibet Freedom Concert 1998, Raleigh & Greenville 1998, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh & Camden 2003, Asheville 2004, Camden 2006, DC 2008, Atlanta 2012  Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013
     Greenville, (XRaleighX) and Hampton 2016, London Hyde Park, Quebec City and Ottawa 2022, St Paul (hopefully) 2023
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Hello.

I feel the need to share this story with you, I am unsure why, but I feel most of you will understand.

In 1991 I was dating a musician and I was the typical "Hair Band" Girl. Then, a friend of mine, made me listen to Pearl Jam, I loved them. I even have a limited edition Eddie Vedder Sketch that I bought back then, and to this day it is hanging in my livingroom. Somewhere around the time Yield came out, I slipped away. I got into other bands, different things, and life took over. I became the career oriented, corporate social butterfly that I now detest.

Moving ahead to today. I am remarried, with a 3 year old daughter and I am a complete hippie. I belong to many activist groups and do whatever I can to help people, and Animals.

Ok, now, a few months back, I turned back to Pearl Jam. I realized, after being away from their music for so long, that they have actually been the band I have been looking for all of these years. If I play their albums back to back, I hear the soundtrack of my life. Love, losing love, hate, pain everything.

I know I may ask questions from time to time that some of you may find trivial, or Old NEWS, but remember I have been away for a long time. I am so glad to be back. If I had to pick one song right now, that told people where I am in my life...it would Society. I know that isn't a Pearl Jam song, but that is where I am. Eddie is close enough.

Does anyone know where I can find good pictures of all of their Logo's. They have changed the look of their name many times over the years. I want to do a cross stitch of them. Yep, I sew, crochet and all that, I am a hippie. I hate buying what I can make.

I will quit boring you, thank you
    Peace and Love
    L

congrats at least you found your way back to the band ...:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Hey!!!

Try: http://gardenofstone.com/gallery/

I crochet too :p ...misc003.jpg:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    That afghan is BEAUTIFUL!

You are awesome!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Lizard wrote:

you are so full of it lizard!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    you are so full of it lizard!
    :confused:

i am FULL of a LOT of things!!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    A hippie with a computer, a bit of an oxymoron :D

Nope, too many words to be an oxymoron I'm afraid ;):D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Hey!!!

Try: http://gardenofstone.com/gallery/

That is awesome! I want one!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06