Options

Harmony

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited January 2008 in The Porch
There is a picture inside the yeild booklet that has road sign that says "Not a Through Road...Harmony -->". I remember someone took a picture of this road and posted it. Does anyone ahve that picture? It worked as a great background but i lost it...

thanks!
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Absolutely superb picture. Probably my favourite in there. Then again, the whole booklet is amazing.

Anyway, here it is:

http://gardenofstone.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10014/yield03800.jpg
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Where is this Harmony? And where is the road with the Yield sign? I know the road with the yield sign doesn't look like it does in the picture, it was altered to make the road look longer, but I would stop by there if I'm ever on a road trip and pass through the area.
  • Options
    Harmony is a tiny little town in towards the coast of central california. It's between Atascadero and Cambria. If you blink while driving by, you'll miss it!
    I will ride the wave where it takes me.

E.V.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

dude wtf, pearl jam cheated. i dont see any YIELD sign on that road.

|sarcasm|
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    That picture is from inside the booklet, the cover photo with the yield sign is a different place. And I've seen a picture taken from there, and there is a yield sign, only the road doesn't go straight on like it does in the picture, it curves away, but they did something with a panoramic lens to give the illusion it goes straight.
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    i live in atascadero, and have been out there, to harmony, a few times. it's pretty cool. a little north is the previously mentioned cambria. what a great little beach town. anyway, 8 or 9 years ago, i was telling a friend of mine about the pic in the yield booklet, and how i would love to have that sign. so, through a little misinterpretation, on my birthday, i end up receiving from him the harmony city sign, big green, reflective metal, population 18 sign. its about 5 feet long and 3 or 4 feet hight. we put in up in our living room, with a little post it note over the population and now it says pop. 3 (my wife, son, and myself). i'll put up a pic if anyone is interested. i'm not a big fan of thievery but it was a gift i couldn't really turn down. i don't post on here much, but this one grabbed my attention.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    lol, nice story :)
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    i found the pic....i'll put it up a little later.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    And check this out too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVhsC9XWi1w

I highly recommend making the drive to see this, and yes, if you blink, you will miss it. I do remember seeing a sign on the northbound PCH saying Harmony was just up ahead, but you still have to look for it.