So one of my Riot Act tracks is scratched...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Wouldn't you believe it, it's 'Help, Help.'

Phew. Can't believe my luck.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    haha, i know you'll find a lot of people on here "phew" with you, but i really like the song. the idea of "something else" always grabs my attention with respect to this band.

the song literally sounds like somebody drowning. kind of fits the title perfectly imo
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Wouldn't you believe it, it's 'Help, Help.'

Phew. Can't believe my luck.

heh, that's the one that's scratched on my disc too...but, I have the opposite reaction towards it. I actually really like that song.
  • everyone hates help help, i don't get it. i love it. it reminds me of a mix between no way and faithful
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • I intentionally scratched my Riot Act CD to skip Help Help... lol
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Does it skip?

If so, adjust the weight on your tone arm and locate the exact spot where the skip is. Sometimes a little extra weight on the stylus can reposition the groove where it skips. Just be sure to readjust the weight before you go back to playing any songs.
    the Minions
  • Does it skip?

If so, adjust the weight on your tone arm and locate the exact spot where the skip is. Sometimes a little extra weight on the stylus can reposition the groove where it skips. Just be sure to readjust the weight before you go back to playing any songs.

Thanks.... but it's a CD ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• One time we got our non smoking roommate really really high and played this and green disease for him. He ran out of the room terrified and we couldn't find him for about a half hour.

That said I'm a fan of it.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • SilverSeed wrote:
    One time we got our non smoking roommate really really high and played this and green disease for him. He ran out of the room terrified and we couldn't find him for about a half hour.

That said I'm a fan of it.

hehehe

I've not actually said I don't like Help Help, but if there's one track I don't mind getting scratched, it's that one.

• NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    what a great song. and great disc.

thanks for the reminder of how great RA really is as im listening to it now.
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Help Help is great. Too underrated. Listening to it live is a totally different beast. St Louis 2003 is sweet.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Thanks.... but it's a CD ;)

:embarassed:
    oh....OK

can you put it in your computer download it and burn it off to another CD? sometimes that works for me.
    the Minions
  • NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    :embarassed:
    oh....OK

can you put it in your computer download it and burn it off to another CD? sometimes that works for me.

this is true and iTunes has that error correction option under preferences I believe. some of my discs that skip come out fine once converted through iTunes with the correction selected. i know this is true for converting to MP3 for the pod and im pretty certain this is the same if you burn from iTunes (not positive).
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • I havnt been able to listen to Riot act in well over two years because its scratched to all hell. I need to get around to getting a new copy.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • :embarassed:
    oh....OK

Hmm... well I've put it onto iTunes and iTunes retains its scratched ness, so not sure...

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Help Help is a good song. much better than Pilate or Low Light (yeah, i said it).
  • damendamen Posts: 104
    Help, Help is like of a lot of new PJ songs. It's slow and quirky in the beginning and then by the end you get a rocking good song. You just have to be patient.
  • guertin32 wrote:
    I intentionally scratched my Riot Act CD to skip Help Help... lol

lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • help, help is one of the best on riot act! and even though it seems hated, one time when some riot act hate/love thread broke out there were manyhelp, help fans! =0

though i love it, it is no where near the calibur of low light as someone said. low light is a brilliant and beautiful piece of music.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    what a coincidence mine skipps on help help too....
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Help Help is a good song. much better than Pilate or Low Light (yeah, i said it).

Yeah you said it , and as the majority of us on this board read it , how we all guffawed with gay abandon at the sheer absurdity of such a comment.

Thanks for cheering me up so close to Xmas!!
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • mohomoho Posts: 540
    Help Help is the second best song after you are on Riot Act....

It's just sooooo GOOOOODDD
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • riot act isn't for everybody
    only smart people get it