Funny PJ haters at festival story...

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
edited February 2008 in The Porch
that thread about the Bonnaroo festival forum reminded me of something that happened in Chicago last year.

I met some people in the motel before lolla. They were there for Daft Punk and Interpol (not my cup of tea but whatever)...Anyways I was talking to them and they asked me who I was there for and I told them. Then the assholes just started bashing pearl jam (I didn't say a word about fuckin Daft Punk to them by the way). They said PJ are and overrated..and that they had seen dvds and the light show sucks and there's no energy and all kinds of shit...They even started bashing the bootleg thing saying that they were a rip off because it was the same show over and over again.

Anyways so after Pearl Jam played, we were in a shuttle bus heading back the motel and some people were sitting behind me talking about how great Pearl Jam's set was. They didn't really come for them but they were glad a saw them, etc...Then I started going off (I was a bit drunk) about how there were these dumbshits at my motel that wouldn't even give pearl jam a chance. I was ranting about how much shit they were talking even though they didn't really know anything about the band.

Then the van got very quiet...my buddy Brian shook his head and started laughing. I turn around and sure enough...its the FORMER PJ haters from the motel.

that was AWKWARD.
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    that thread about the Bonnaroo festival forum reminded me of something that happened in Chicago last year.

I met some people in the motel before lolla. They were there for Daft Punk and Interpol (not my cup of tea but whatever)...Anyways I was talking to them and they asked me who I was there for and I told them. Then the assholes just started bashing pearl jam (I didn't say a word about fuckin Daft Punk to them by the way). They said PJ are and overrated..and that they had seen dvds and the light show sucks and there's no energy and all kinds of shit...They even started bashing the bootleg thing saying that they were a rip off because it was the same show over and over again.

Anyways so after Pearl Jam played, we were in a shuttle bus heading back the motel and some people were sitting behind me talking about how great Pearl Jam's set was. They didn't really come for them but they were glad a saw them, etc...Then I started going off (I was a bit drunk) about how there were these dumbshits at my motel that wouldn't even give pearl jam a chance. I was ranting about how much shit they were talking even though they didn't really know anything about the band.

Then the van got very quiet...my buddy Brian shook his head and started laughing. I turn around and sure enough...its the FORMER PJ haters from the motel.

that was AWKWARD.

eh, fuck em! i love PJ's light show!
  • that thread about the Bonnaroo festival forum reminded me of something that happened in Chicago last year.

that was AWKWARD.

yikes. was it that awkward silence after that or did you guys smooth it out and talk about PJ?
  • Funny story :)

I know a bunch of people that thinks the PJ dvd's are "boring" and lacking of energy, my brothrs thought so but loved actually seeing them live. I understand what people are saying, I think that PJ soesn't translate well on DVD's etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    yikes. was it that awkward silence after that or did you guys smooth it out and talk about PJ?

when I realized it was them I just said "well hey there" and gave them a huge smile...then they started laughing (I think they realized how stupid they were being)
  • eh, fuck em! i love PJ's light show!
    im with him fuck em
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Funny Story.Awkward ground swallow me up silences are great.Especially for onlookers.lol.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Funny Story.Awkward ground swallow me up silences are great.Especially for onlookers.lol.

haha I think it was waaaaay more awkward for my friend brian...because I was pretty drunk and he wasn't at all