Options

lets discuss tickets for Mr.Vedders solo shows.....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
edited February 2008 in The Porch
how many tickets do you think are available through the 10club???
what will the public demand be like for Ed solo shows??? will these shows sell out in seconds??? minutes???
how long before this website crashes on monday????
how many people will again...never even get the icon on their computer screen????
do you think monday will be a day of HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT for many here on this board????

i hope everyone gets their tickets and enjoys the shows....

and i am THRILLED there is no seniority for these shows....
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    Well I will be one who it won't matter for, but hope all those that want them get them. :)
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,621
    If 10C gets 10-15% of tickets like in big venues, they may only have 50 - 75 pair per show.
    If thats the case I think their will be alot of dissappointed folks around here.
    Then there is always the public on sale, but we expect those seats won't be as good. But at least there is a 2nd chance if your shut out on Mon.
  • Options
    I'm kinda interested in seeing how much the primo auctioned seats go for.

I couldv'e had lunch w/Stone & saw Brad's show VIP for just over a grand in NY last Oct.
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    If 10C gets 10-15% of tickets like in big venues, they may only have 50 - 75 pair per show.
    If thats the case I think their will be alot of dissappointed folks around here.
    Then there is always the public on sale, but we expect those seats won't be as good. But at least there is a 2nd chance if your shut out on Mon.
    50 pairs of tickets will sell out here in a second....

and the board will surely crash.......
  • Options
    i think everything is going to go very smoothly and everyone will be happy. the sun will be shining and the birds will be singing, nothing will go wrong, everyone will get tickets. for once, its going to be perfect in the pit.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i'm getting scared :o i heard the horror stories about the site breaking down, i'm hoping it won't be so bad on monday. the fact the venues are so tiny and barely two handfuls of shows.....eep lol

i'm just gonna go into it hopeful and positive, and whatever happens happens. i'm really not one to complain, besides i figure i *will* find a way, somehow, at the very least for the berkeley gig....goddamit! i'm a stubborn bitch :o

i *am* curious how these shows will do for the general public. i can't see people other than the hardcore nutjobs like us being into seeing ed by himself....i've talked to people i know who are casual fans and they aren't interested. who knows though! all will be revealed soon enough :)
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    But at least there is a 2nd chance if your shut out on Mon.
    i'm taking heart in that for sure! like i just posted, i am not sure of how many people in the general public will be as fruit loop for this as we are lol
  • Options
    i think everything is going to go very smoothly and everyone will be happy. the sun will be shining and the birds will be singing, nothing will go wrong, everyone will get tickets. for once, its going to be perfect in the pit.
    hehehehehehe............

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tKh86kOoiWQ&feature=related
  • Options
    I don't think the general public are who we have to worry about vying for tickets through TM, it's all the fan club members who don't get tix on Mon that will be there 30 sec before they go on sale.

These are small venues. If each show has a capacity crowd of roughly 15 hundred, and there are seven shows..... you do the math. Those tix will def. sell out quickly.
  • Options
    or will it be more like this????

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPmbT5XC-q0&feature=related

and i apologize for sticking to the carpenters theme.....hehehehehe
  • Options

Karen had a beautiful voice.... too bad she didn't like food.
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    Karen had a beautiful voice.... too bad she didn't like food.
    i would rather see karen carpenter solo....

than Eddie Vedder....

yeah i said it....hehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    hopefully the 10C has learned from past on-sales and things
    will go a little smoother for this tour. hopefully.

and chiqui, i totally agree. i think other than us 'nutjobs' haha
    the demand will be practically non-existent for these tickets.

so even if folks get shut out by the 10C sale
    there should be some availibility through ticketmaster.

that said....i have a sneaking suspicion monday will be um....
    disaterous, as much as i hate to say it.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    different story on this versus Vic....

ticketmaster tix available....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm not so sure about others not being interested. It must be being advertised pretty well as I've had two emails from friends wondering if I'm going. Neither are huge PJ fans and they didn't hear it from me so they heard it somewhere. :)
    Is anyone hearing promotions for this?
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN1537511820080215

the guy who did the soundtrack for Sean Penn's latest movie has a nice voice I've heard.
    ;)

Public sales have a 4-ticket limit - I see.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/entertainment/street/2008/02/eddies_ready_vedder_to_conclud.html

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003711650

I think we need lots of club tix.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    This is my take on your questions... :D
    how many tickets do you think are available through the 10club???

For the show I'm going I think its safe to assume that the place holds about 1800 people so 10C will have 10% = 90 pairs of tickets :eek:
    what will the public demand be like for Ed solo shows???
    I think the frenzy won't be as much as a Pearl Jam show but there will be much interest.
    will these shows sell out in seconds??? minutes???

seconds
    how long before this website crashes on monday????

not long
    how many people will again...never even get the icon on their computer screen????

As far as I unerstand this is not something 10C can do something about since it has to do with the amount of request being transmitted at the same time, I hope this doesnt happen to many and surely hope it doesnt happen to me!
    do you think monday will be a day of HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT for many here on this board????

I think it will be for sure a HUGE disappointment for those wanting tix and not getting any, I think it wont be as bad as Friday when some people get shut out twice. I'm only going to the show because I'll be on vacation in Seattle, so if I don't get tickets I'll be upset but I'll live through it, I'm still looking at having a great time in Seattle with JUST my husband and no kids!!!! :D

i hope everyone gets their tickets and enjoys the shows....

and i am THRILLED there is no seniority for these shows....

I hope you and I and everyone else get tickets too, I'm really excited about these shows :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    As someone who hasn't gone through the website for tix like this before, how does it work?

What icon are you talking about?

Am I better off just trying to get one show, so I can click through faster, or can I try for more and it won't matter much?

Thanks!
    Trev
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    There's a show coming up? :confused:
  • Options
    damn it out of all places?!??!
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World