Options

The 25 Best Rock Posters of All Time...

jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
edited February 2008 in The Porch
i just saw that....12 place for pearl jam..(certainly not band's greatest poster if you are asking me..)
also 9 place....a poster from the angry days.. ''Not a bad way to spend a New Year's Eve and a grunge snapshot if there ever was one, this gig took place before John Frusciante left the Peppers and Kurt Cobain left the building, and back when Pearl Jam could still reasonably be scheduled as a third-on-the-bill act.''

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/posters/rock.html

respect to posters of ben harper,the who,the grateful dead..and 1st place for the one and only jimi..
''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Thumbs down on #2 Kozik's Pennywise. How the hell did that even make the list?

*edit: I love that PJ poster, have always thought it was very underrated.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    that list sucked... how can anyone say one poster is better than another? it is all art... if I made the list, it would have been EMEKs 25 best posters... maybe with a Klausen, Banksy, Danger in there... but it's all a matter of personal taste!
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 382
    that coachella one reminds me of the scene in "empty spaces" of Pink Floyd's movie "the Wall"
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    that list did indeed suck. there are so many better ones than those. the radiohead one and the pennywise are cool, along with the beatles, but not the coolest EVER. cmon.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    I've got to get that Ben Harper poster! It's cool, but it'll probably be way out of my budget on eBay. I love that PJ poster. Not their best, but still a great poster. I actually own that Grateful Dead poster. One of my favorites by them. This isn't a bad list, but there were certainly some more from those psychedelic San Francisco era poster artists that should be in there. Thanks anyway!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    Zep Avocado poster.

Latest PJ record.

Any connections?
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    That was pretty cool, thanks!
  • Options
    Zep Avocado poster.

Latest PJ record.

Any connections?
    Doubtful. But I've had an original Led Zep avocado handbill forever. It's in a drawer somewhere.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.