NCAA College Football -

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

i'm a psu guy. my best friend is a fraud college football fan. he fell in love with miami because he thought they were cool wearing fatigues to the orange bowl in '87. plus he's quite fond of ripping on the big 10. so, more that anything, i am rooting for an ass kicking so i can proceed to talk shit on him for the foreseeable future
    hehehe. remind him the 02 Nat Champ game wher Clarett(douche that he is) stole that ball from the Miami player after the interception in the 2nd half. That game was righteous. But that was 8 years ago, Cmon Bucks , what have you done for me lately!!

yeah but as soon as you bring that up be brings up clarett and how he shouldn't have even been allowed to play in that one.

it was pretty sweet watching that game with him though :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    hehehe. remind him the 02 Nat Champ game wher Clarett(douche that he is) stole that ball from the Miami player after the interception in the 2nd half. That game was righteous. But that was 8 years ago, Cmon Bucks , what have you done for me lately!!

one of the greatest plays in buckeyes history. it's a shame what happened to Clarett, he could have been a big time stud on the Buckeyes all time great players list. i wish him well in the future.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

one of the greatest plays in buckeyes history. it's a shame what happened to Clarett, he could have been a big time stud on the Buckeyes all time great players list. i wish him well in the future.
    Really he fucked himself with the Broncos.They took a chance and he blew it.
    hear he's asking for early release from parole or a transfer so he can play in a semi-pro league in Nebraska or something like that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

hear he's asking for early release from parole or a transfer so he can play in a semi-pro league in Nebraska or something like that?

yeah its that league with jim fassell and denny green as two of the coaches. i think he's going to be on jeff garcia's team. the ufl? is that what it's called?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

he wanted to be able to travel out of state. Ohio gave him a 30 day leave to try out with the UFL (or wahtever it called.) league full of has beens and never was but with same well know names. they have said Mauriece looks to be in really good shape.

not only did he was out of Denver, he screwed up on his contract. Denver was going to give him some decent bonus bonus, but he wanted incentive money, which as well all know, he never achieved anything, so no cash.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah its that league with jim fassell and denny green as two of the coaches. i think he's going to be on jeff garcia's team. the ufl? is that what it's called?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497073
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... LHeadlines

Damn Jeags , you're good. audio has a tornado siren going off in the backround.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497073
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... LHeadlines

Damn Jeags , you're good. audio has a tornado siren going off in the backround.

i'm great.

i was talking about this with someone the other day. i couldn't remember the name of that league. i watched one of the games last year. painful to watch. horrendous uniforms. your eyes will bleed
    chinese-happy.jpg

i'm great.

i was talking about this with someone the other day. i couldn't remember the name of that league. i watched one of the games last year. painful to watch. horrendous uniforms. your eyes will bleed
    It IS in fact The UFL.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    i'm late to the party, but the Utah-Pitt game last thursday took about a year off my life. Luckily, the utes have a bye this week.....the team from my old town :lol::lol: . Boise's win was nice too, altho I don't think a flag on VT's last play would have been out of order :? .
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mickeyrat wrote:

i'm great.

It IS in fact The UFL.

clarett is a loser. he's playing for omaha, who also has ahman green and jeff garcia.

I think the bama/penn st game is being shown on comedy central this weekend. gonna be a massacre.

the big ten is a joke. it's OSU and a bunch of crap
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    imalive wrote:
    Boise's win was nice too, altho I don't think a flag on VT's last play would have been out of order :? .

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Boise's win was nice too, altho I don't think a flag on VT's last play would have been out of order :? .

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I don't think a flag was warrented.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    what a weekend....nd/michigan....osu/miami....bama/psu....among others

this what its all about gentlemen. i was scheduled to work saturday....yeah i'm not going in. beers will be flowing at noon saturday and won't stop till halftime of the birds game sunday (so i can drive home :lol: )
    chinese-happy.jpg
    go Buckeyes :D

hopefully ND plays well. fuck MI

I suspect Bama is going to roll PSU, since Penn State is in rebuilding mode. hopefully, i'm wrong on this game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I suspect Bama is going to roll PSU, since Penn State is in rebuilding mode. hopefully, i'm wrong on this game

psu will be lucky to be within 2 touchdowns. shame because this should have been pat devlin's season at qb. they really screwed that one up. 18 year old true freshman (the first ever to start in paterno's century long tenure) being thrown to the wolves. their defense also didn't force a single turnover against youngstown state last week. i'm just hoping they keep relatively competitive.

michigan actually looked better than expected against uconn last week. i hate both of those teams though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:

psu will be lucky to be within 2 touchdowns. shame because this should have been pat devlin's season at qb. they really screwed that one up. 18 year old true freshman (the first ever to start in paterno's century long tenure) being thrown to the wolves. their defense also didn't force a single turnover against youngstown state last week. i'm just hoping they keep relatively competitive.

michigan actually looked better than expected against uconn last week. i hate both of those teams though.

i missed the MI game, but there QB went nuts. It'll be interesting to see if he can do it agaist real football teams, not them pansey ass east coast colleges. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i missed the MI game, but there QB went nuts. It'll be interesting to see if he can do it agaist real football teams, not them pansey ass east coast colleges. :lol:

did you go to osu?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    should have. :lol:

I went to Toledo. We (they) are 1-0 vs. Michigan. :D

But i did grow up in Ohio and in Ohio, if you like football, you grow up watching the Buckeyes. well, except for those few confused morons in the NW part of the state near the Mi boarder that choose to watch that team up north.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    81 wrote:
    should have. :lol:

I went to Toledo. We (they) are 1-0 vs. Michigan. :D

But i did grow up in Ohio and in Ohio, if you like football, you grow up watching the Buckeyes. well, except for those few confused morons in the NW part of the state near the Mi boarder that choose to watch that team up north.
    always gotta have a few idiots in the state

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IRISH!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    81 wrote:

I disagree with you on the whole Clark thing. He was not the best qb Penn State has ever had but he represented the school very well and did a fine job as their QB. Frustrating as hell to watch at times but I always liked him. Plus he was Jay's pet project with the whole prep school thing and all so once he got the job, they were not going to take it from him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I disagree with you on the whole Clark thing. He was not the best qb Penn State has ever had but he represented the school very well and did a fine job as their QB. Frustrating as hell to watch at times but I always liked him. Plus he was Jay's pet project with the whole prep school thing and all so once he got the job, they were not going to take it from him.

to me he was just okay. he definitely played better last year. overall, not a very good qb in my opinion. made a lot of mistakes.

but in the grand scheme of things, you had the top qb recruit in the country (or at least top 3, can't remember exactly) who de-commited to miami in order to come to your school...only to ride the bench his entire time there. there wouldn't have been any shame to let clarke transfer. it could have worked out well for him--plus it meant you would have had a quality qb under center for another season and not be stuck with the mess they have now.
    chinese-happy.jpg

to me he was just okay. he definitely played better last year. overall, not a very good qb in my opinion. made a lot of mistakes.

but in the grand scheme of things, you had the top qb recruit in the country (or at least top 3, can't remember exactly) who de-commited to miami in order to come to your school...only to ride the bench his entire time there. there wouldn't have been any shame to let clarke transfer. it could have worked out well for him--plus it meant you would have had a quality qb under center for another season and not be stuck with the mess they have now.

I didn't think he was a great qb but I think he was a great leader and representative of the team. He was also the Paternos guy and did what they asked to get his grades up and I think that is basically all there is to it.

Morelli was also a big time recruit and how did that work out?

Clark left Penn State with the most TD passes in a season and career as well as the most TDs responsible for in a season and career and the most passing yards in a season. He is far from a great QB but he got the job done and led them to some big games. I was always a big fan of his. He played his ass off for that team and loved every minute of it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I didn't think he was a great qb but I think he was a great leader and representative of the team. He was also the Paternos guy and did what they asked to get his grades up and I think that is basically all there is to it.

Morelli was also a big time recruit and how did that work out?

Clark left Penn State with the most TD passes in a season and career as well as the most TDs responsible for in a season and career and the most passing yards in a season. He is far from a great QB but he got the job done and led them to some big games. I was always a big fan of his. He played his ass off for that team and loved every minute of it.

anthony morelli was a punk and an idiot. devlin was a higher recruit, much more intelligent, and had a great head on his shoulder. i don't think that's a fair comparison.

you think more of clark than i do. i agree he was a great leader though. the td record thing is a bit misleading though as psu was traditionally a run first/grind it out team for like 40 years up until they debuted the spread offense when clarke took over. also--look at his numbers in the games they lost. he was atrocious. not all his fault. but still...he was completing around 39% in those losses.

i just think it would have benefited both psu and clarke to let him transfer and keep devlin rather than have basically a rebuilding season this year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    not to belabor the d clark issue...but he took psu all the way to the citrus bowl last year. i think devlin would have had at least similar success plus you'd have him for this year too which means they'd most likely win an extra 2 games or so. i think 8-4 is likely this year with the young buck under center.

but good news....ingram is out again for saturday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    not to belabor the d clark issue...but he took psu all the way to the citrus bowl last year. i think devlin would have had at least similar success plus you'd have him for this year too which means they'd most likely win an extra 2 games or so. i think 8-4 is likely this year with the young buck under center.

but good news....ingram is out again for saturday.

I meant to respond to the last post about Clark. Last years bowl was nothing to laugh at. They beat a decent SEC team.

That is absolutely a good point you made in the last post about the TDs but still. I guess I would just hate to see a good few years of penn state football considered the "should have been pat devlin" era instead of remembering all the good clark did for penn state.
    And yeah, morelli was a punk and it is not a fair comparsion but I was just saying he was a big recruit too.

Definitely good news about Ingram being out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And yeah, morelli was a punk and it is not a fair comparsion but I was just saying he was a big recruit too.

i hear everything that you're saying. and i don't mean to knock the citrus bowl win. but with devlin, we're talking about a guy who some are projecting as a possible 1st round pick next year. penn st doesn't see that kind of qb come to their school hardly ever. i just feel as if they wasted a huge opportunity with him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i hear everything that you're saying. and i don't mean to knock the citrus bowl win. but with devlin, we're talking about a guy who some are projecting as a possible 1st round pick next year. penn st doesn't see that kind of qb come to their school hardly ever. i just feel as if they wasted a huge opportunity with him.

I hear what you're saying as well and dont entirely disagree, it's just hard to be disappointed in how the past few years turned out. I was very excited about Devlin and was disappointed when he transferred.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear what you're saying as well and dont entirely disagree, it's just hard to be disappointed in how the past few years turned out. I was very excited about Devlin and was disappointed when he transferred.

my disappointment stems more with having an 18 year old true fresh starting at qb this year than the last couple....but its over and done with. i wanna see some semblance of poise from this kid on saturday. looking forward to the game.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    my disappointment stems more with having an 18 year old true fresh starting at qb this year than the last couple....but its over and done with. i wanna see some semblance of poise from this kid on saturday. looking forward to the game.

I hear you. It will be my first time seeing this kid play. Probably not going to be a great first impression. Did you know he was born in 1992? What the fuck? That shit makes me feel old.