Options

Would Eddie ever do this again?

SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    he said in storytellers that he would climb rafters again, so im gonna say yes

edit: which would be fucking awesome haha
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754

no because it's dangerous ..both for him and more importantly the crowd!
    he's got some sense now (yeah it LOOKS cool, but I seem to recall a previous thread about that video with someone who knew someone injured there because of that jump..not so cool)
  • Options
    He climbed a lighting rig in Canada ... i think it was St. Johns (possibly Halifax) ...

of course, he didn't jump ...

but he did climb it.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430

I thought that meant that if he could do it over again he still would...
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I remember the first time I saw this how I felt this surge of passion because everyone, everyone in the video was involved; the crowd was there to help out, the crew were there to help out, I don't think Eddie was doing something stupid since there was definitely give and take. The band was in it's own groove. It was such a moment when so many strangers were all focused on just making that moment memorable for all involved. I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again. What the bigger question is would all other people needed to be involved be willing to risk it?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    He climbed a thingy on the immagine in Cornice DVD.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Wow, I don't think it's that big of a deal. So he did a stage dive...but from a camera instead of a stage. Some of you people really need to get out and go to a hardcore show sometime.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Spinbrett wrote:

If you go by what success he had in holding him up, that crowd, I would say no. Plus, I would think by now, given his popularity and all, he would be a bit more apprehensive about getting that close to the crowd.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    sometimes i wish i was ten years older in 1992.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Epic fuckin' shit right there!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    how fucking cool was that shit, where was it at?
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    writersu wrote:
    If you go by what success he had in holding him up, that crowd, I would say no. Plus, I would think by now, given his popularity and all, he would be a bit more apprehensive about getting that close to the crowd.

its no fun being under a dive - but about half way down of an ed jump ;) *yes please*
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    LongRd. wrote:
    sometimes i wish i was ten years older in 1992.
    me too. . .and lived in holland. . .that seems like a great show to be at. . .intense as fuck
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    xkevvx wrote:
    Wow, I don't think it's that big of a deal. So he did a stage dive...but from a camera instead of a stage. Some of you people really need to get out and go to a hardcore show sometime.
    Those are lame.

But anyways, I doubt Eddie would actually dive into the crowd again, but he might climb stuff.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Eddie Would Go
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    He got banned at the Riverport Ampitheater in St Louis after climbing the rafters during the lollapalooza II tour. But I believe it was about the most awesome thing I have ever seen at a concert. That and Issac Brock losing his shit and stabbing himself in the chest repeatedly.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Those are lame.

But anyways, I doubt Eddie would actually dive into the crowd again, but he might climb stuff.
    oh he does climb...went pretty damn high in Zagreb last year! (seen the Pistoia climb?..about double that..the missus not being at that one probably being the reason ;))
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I have the August 29th '92 show and he does an awesome climb there too. All in all those '91/'92 shows were some of the most intense ever.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    That is great... the first time i saw Pearl Jam was in '92 at the Limelight in NYC... the Limelight used to be a church that they converted into a theater... I remember Eddie climbing the speakers onto the outside of the balcony... making his way from one end to the other and then jumping into the crowd...

it was a fantastic moment!!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    oh he does climb...went pretty damn high in Zagreb last year! (seen the Pistoia climb?..about double that..the missus not being at that one probably being the reason ;))

I have to watch the clip again..........Imagine, that is because I missed the climb part. good to know that he can still climb; I hate it when people our age get old, crickety, stiff and refuse to have fun any longer as they trade it off for "grown up" , (which is a great place to dream about when you're a kid but too often it's more like the Wizard of Oz and behind the curtain is.........poof!.......nothing..........).

anyhoo...........

the missus? not that it makes much of a difference but did we miss the wedding? I thought they were happily cohabitating with their daughter....
    I thought he joined the rest of us who think marriage is a great institution ...if you like those places.......club.

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    writersu wrote:
    I hate it when people our age get old, crickety, stiff and refuse to have fun any longer as they trade it off for "grown up" , (which is a great place to dream about when you're a kid but too often it's more like the Wizard of Oz and behind the curtain is.........poof!.......nothing..........).
    I'm joining the ranks of the middle-aged this year, and I think those that had fun younger have fun older (unless they hurt themselves having too much fun.) The more I age the more I think that we don't get crickety, stiff, and refuse to have fun. We just expand . . .

hahahahahahahaha :D

I just made myself laugh.

Luckily, my main routes to have fun younger were through needlepoint, running, road trips and READING. I haven't changed much in that respect over time. I must be young at heart :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    I have to watch the clip again..........Imagine, that is because I missed the climb part. good to know that he can still climb; I hate it when people our age get old, crickety, stiff and refuse to have fun any longer as they trade it off for "grown up" , (which is a great place to dream about when you're a kid but too often it's more like the Wizard of Oz and behind the curtain is.........poof!.......nothing..........).

anyhoo...........

the missus? not that it makes much of a difference but did we miss the wedding? I thought they were happily cohabitating with their daughter....
    I thought he joined the rest of us who think marriage is a great institution ...if you like those places.......club.
    I don't care they're actually married or not, they got a kid, it's as.. can't divorce from that one..
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I'm joining the ranks of the middle-aged this year, and I think those that had fun younger have fun older (unless they hurt themselves having too much fun.) The more I age the more I think that we don't get crickety, stiff, and refuse to have fun. We just expand . . .

hahahahahahahaha :D

I just made myself laugh.

Luckily, my main routes to have fun younger were through needlepoint, running, road trips and READING. I haven't changed much in that respect over time. I must be young at heart :)

Yes, I agree. I am middle aged I guess you could say, but other than a few things that I can change with attitude and some life adjustments I also think it's a bit better than when I was young. But that is only because I have learned some great lessons. I am glad that I did all I did but regret the times I let others make me feel like crap about it. Other than that, life has been good and hopefully will only get better.

and I am set on fighting rickety....

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I don't care they're actually married or not, they got a kid, it's as.. can't divorce from that one..

Yeah, I was just curious about the nuptials............

• Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Those are lame.

What's lame, a hardcore show?????
  • Options
    wasn't there another dive on a video of theirs where Eddie dives and has more success at the crowd actually holding him up?

help me on the details, fellow fans..........

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Spinbrett wrote:
    he wanted to go again straight away!... like a little kid on a ride!
  • Options
    He got banned at the Riverport Ampitheater in St Louis after climbing the rafters during the lollapalooza II tour. But I believe it was about the most awesome thing I have ever seen at a concert. That and Issac Brock losing his shit and stabbing himself in the chest repeatedly.

You were at that Modest Mouse show? I would have been a bit uncomfortable.