Options

Pearl Jam/TenClub to Offer Ticklet Discounts to Those Attending Multiple Shows

Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I thought about this a while ago. Of course it would never happen, but wouldn't it be cool if the TC offered discounts for those who plan to attend multiple shows. Many PJ fans attend multiple shows on a tour, and with the rise in ticket prices (not PJ, but bands in general) the cost of attending 5 or so shows sure adds up.

What about buy 5 shows and get 1 free?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kind of a misleading title don't you think?
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    The question mark is your friend.
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    It is a little misleading...I was like 'WOW', 10c is offering something....no, but decent idea thought...doubt it will happen
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    CHANGE THE TITLE.!!! you're getting too many hopes up for the new years...seriously
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I thought about this a while ago. Of course it would never happen, but wouldn't it be cool if the TC offered discounts for those who plan to attend multiple shows. Many PJ fans attend multiple shows on a tour, and with the rise in ticket prices (not PJ, but bands in general) the cost of attending 5 or so shows sure adds up.

VERY MISLEADING!

i got excited

now i have to change my pants :(
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Naaaahhh...all the high seniority folks that commonly go to multiple shows get enough perks...they don't need more.

But those of us of less seniority would defintely deserve it ;)
  • Options
    My mistake. That wasn't my intention - too late to edit it now.

Geez, it looks like I can't spell either.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

get real
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Red Lukin wrote:

Or, since the band is so great live, perhaps anyone who wanted to buy tix for 5 shows would have to pay the total price of 6 shows!
    :)

The bands' concert fees are paid by promoters who are responsible for selling/collecting money for all of the non-fan club tickets, so doing a "buy 5 and get 1 free deal" would be quite difficult, unless the band did a long run of shows with the same promoter, and said promoter agreed to the discount.

Morrissey recently did 10 nights in L.A., and as an inducement for fans to go all 10 nights, LiveNation did a 10 for the price of 9 deal.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Red Lukin wrote:
    My mistake. That wasn't my intention - too late to edit it now.

Geez, it looks like I can't spell either.

did you go to the " advance settings " button while editing ?
    you should still be able to correct the title of this misleading tidbit.
    at the very least ask the mods if they can do it for you.
    its way off
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    To those who are upset that they thought this was a true offer from Ten club
    WOULDNT IT BE A STICKY?????
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Red Lukin wrote:

the jerk store called
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Last I knew, getting fans to attend multiple shows hasn't exactly been a problem.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I don't see why there should be a discount. You choose to go to 6 shows, pay for 6 shows. I would think the Ten Club has no problem selling ten club tickets.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    why would a fan club rub it in the faces of their fans that could only afford one show?

Or none at all?
  • Options
    Not gonna SLAM you for your thread ;)

But.....I'm not to fussed on the idea. I'm in Western Australia (a long way from ANYWHERE) and we only get 1 show per tour (I'm truly thankful that we get that :) ) and I always feel so excited reading about all the LUCKY fans that are able to attend multiple shows but kinda get a bit down that I can't :(
    So.....as far as I'm concerned I think 'multiple show attenders' are lucky enough already :) It wouldn't make any difference to me if they did it and I'd be happy for those that got the discount, but like already mentioned.....it'd be a hard task for 10c to pull off. I think being able to get 10c tix is enough. Sure....it's nice to be able to save some $$ on anything.....but yeah......just be thankful for being able to see this AMAZING band more than once per tour :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I'll settle for 10c offering their tix for the same price as the general sales.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Hinny wrote:
    I'll settle for 10c offering their tix for the same price as the general sales.
    WORD!

not having to pay MORE for the 10c tickets would be good enough.
  • Options
    It was just a random thought - wow some of you are harsh
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Red Lukin wrote:

They're not cheap enough already? Best value on the market today.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    They're not cheap enough already? Best value on the market today.

And they will be going up, up, up! I look forward to the bitching when the next tour announcement comes out.
  • Options
    the same 10club that now announces a tour one show at a time and gives us one day notice to decide if we are going to purchase tickets........

is going to give us DISCOUNTS on tickets?????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaha........

give me a fucking break.....

bottom line.....its all about the money.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Fuck that. They should go to the you can only buy 10c tickets to one show thing. Too many people don't get to go to ONE show because a lot of people are going to a ton on one tour. If you're going to a bunch of shows in a row or something, fine, but more people need more of a chance...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Or, since the band is so great live, perhaps anyone who wanted to buy tix for 5 shows would have to pay the total price of 6 shows!
    :)

The bands' concert fees are paid by promoters who are responsible for selling/collecting money for all of the non-fan club tickets, so doing a "buy 5 and get 1 free deal" would be quite difficult, unless the band did a long run of shows with the same promoter, and said promoter agreed to the discount.

Morrissey recently did 10 nights in L.A., and as an inducement for fans to go all 10 nights, LiveNation did a 10 for the price of 9 deal.

For Morrisey they know and he knows there are fans that are going to buy the 10tickets. It would have been a waste of time to buy each one also those fans had the opportunity to enter first.