Shark Week

BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
great-white-shark-kayak.jpg

Sharks, all day on Discovery Channel. I love these scary ass fish!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 pound shark, cut into bite sized pieces
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon crushed red hot pepper

Directions:

Saute garlic in olive oil until golden; discard garlic. Pat shark dry on paper towels. Cook shark in oil over medium heat until it flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to a warm plate.

Add soy sauce and lemon juice to pan, let cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add shark to pan, sprinkle with the crushed red pepper.

Heat stirring for 1 minute. Note: For a spicier flavor, tabasco sauce, green onions and more red pepper may be added.

This recipe from CDKitchen for Cajun Shark serves/makes 4
    p010.jpg

i recommend the Mako, very tasty shark.
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    Overheard in the Newsroom ‎#5486: Editorial desk: “Did anyone here call Seaside Heights?” Reporter: “I did — wait, is it about the sharks or is it about Snooki?”

:lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    my second true love behind pj...sharks so stoked
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    My daughter loves sharks more than anything. All she's ever wanted for her birthday is to do a shark dive. So she finally did. This is her going into the cage. Off the Farallon islands near San Francisco. That's some shark bait thing in the water. And she didn't see a shark when she was in the cage, but they saw a couple from the boat.

LucyCage1-1.jpg
  • I'm always so disappointed in these shark week shows. they're always about people and not sharks. I want a show that's nothing but sharks, Blue Planet style
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I look forward to this every year. Such great footage of these creatures. It's as close as I ever want to get to a shark.

Also an obscure reference from Step Brothers when Robert comes in and turns off the TV on Dale and Brennan:

"Dad, what are you doing... it's Shark Week!" :lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Enkidu wrote:
    My daughter loves sharks more than anything. All she's ever wanted for her birthday is to do a shark dive. So she finally did. This is her going into the cage. Off the Farallon islands near San Francisco. That's some shark bait thing in the water. And she didn't see a shark when she was in the cage, but they saw a couple from the boat.

LucyCage1-1.jpg

That would be something very cool to do. Don't know if I could do it myself. I'm such a wuss.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Hope the new episodes are good. Seems like they have had the same ones for the most part for a while. The one tonight sounds pretty cool but very similar to an older one.
    They had a good one on earlyer, apperently great white sharks stomach is about 1/5 of there entire body and they can eat even more than that, they feed one female that weighted about 2,000 pounds, 450 pounds of tuna, before she was full and swam away. At on point in the begining, the guy sitting on a platoon raft and starts to go into his Shark speech when a 14 foot one attacks the boat, no chum in the water or anything to provoke it and he jumped out of that thing back into the main boat so fast :lol:
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    most_interesting_man.jpg

Sharks have a week dedicated to him
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I fucking love Shark Week. I've had the TV on Discovery for the last few hours just watching the re-runs.

New 2010 Shark Week programming starts in less than two hours on the west coast!!!
    let me just say having been in the cages with whites...its the most amazing thing i will ever do
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Enkidu wrote:

LucyCage1-1.jpg

never dove at the farallon's but ive been near the island..rough water thats dark

take her to guadalupe island...you won't regret it
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hope the new episodes are good. Seems like they have had the same ones for the most part for a while. The one tonight sounds pretty cool but very similar to an older one.

this year again from wed night on its all repeats ....BOOOOOOOO :cry:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And the new one last night was basically the exact same thing as the one on right before it. Just an updated "Air Jaws" with better cameras. I was disappointed.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

And the new one last night was basically the exact same thing as the one on right before it. Just an updated "Air Jaws" with better cameras. I was disappointed.

YEA BUT ULTIMATE AIR JAWS WAS AWESOME LAST NIGHT..the new slow mo camera is sick

YEA BUT ULTIMATE AIR JAWS WAS AWESOME LAST NIGHT..the new slow mo camera is sick

Yeah, the slow mo camera was sweet but how many times can they show it. I watched the first half hour or so and changed channels. Enjoyed it but too similar to the old one.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Shark week=the one week I don't watch the Discovery Channel
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I'm always so disappointed in these shark week shows. they're always about people and not sharks. I want a show that's nothing but sharks, Blue Planet style

me too. I'm a big Shark Week fan but I wish they had more shows that aren't about them biting people or how to avoid being bitten...

I also think it's a little hypocritical that they'll have one show that's like, "we must not misunderstand these beautiful creatures, they don't mean to bite us" and then the next show is like, "sharks: aggressive man eaters that will chomp their way through any human flesh they can find."
  • I'm always so disappointed in these shark week shows. they're always about people and not sharks. I want a show that's nothing but sharks, Blue Planet style

Yeah, I totally agree...

I could watch shows like Blue Planet or Life or whatever over and over again... But I quickly tire of these shows about some crew and the ups and downs of finding/filming sharks.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, I totally agree...

I could watch shows like Blue Planet or Life or whatever over and over again... But I quickly tire of these shows about some crew and the ups and downs of finding/filming sharks.

I haven't watched Life yet. In part because it is not narrated by David Attenborough. Oprah? Really? It was bad enough i had to wait for the DVD to watch Planet Earth since some dumbass decided to have Sigourney Weaver narrate the US version. And now they go to oprah?
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Shark week is awesome. It always amazes me how those dudes swim around like nothing with all those sharks lingering.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited August 2010
    in Jersey it really was Shark Week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVeibNMhLg

is not was
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    in Jersey it really was Shark Week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVeibNMhLg

a little guy, poor fella.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Hammerhead shark spotted off the jersey shore (week after shark week) :corn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NYiXmd3QI
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Anyone else watching this Megalodon special? A fishing charter sunk off South Aftica by what they think was a giant shark yet I'm having trouble finding an article and don't recall hearing about it? They say it happened in April of this year, 3 people lost.... Gotta be horseshit ?
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Anyone else watching this Megalodon special? A fishing charter sunk off South Aftica by what they think was a giant shark yet I'm having trouble finding an article and don't recall hearing about it? They say it happened in April of this year, 3 people lost.... Gotta be horseshit ?

It was a fake documentary that never happened
    SHARK WEEK!
  • BronyBrony Posts: 628
    I'm always so disappointed in these shark week shows. they're always about people and not sharks. I want a show that's nothing but sharks, Blue Planet style
    i disagree