Options

Whenever I hear SWEET LEW, I can't help but

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in The Porch
gag.

But not only that.. I always imagine Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt from the Mighty Boosh dancing to it. :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    When I hear it, I think of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in the first Airplane movie.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    have you been drinkin?
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    have you been drinkin?

I had a few glasses earlier mate but nothin major :) This is a perfectly legitimate thread about a horrible song and what it does to me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    I LOVE this song! You crazy!
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    I had a few glasses earlier mate but nothin major :) This is a perfectly legitimate thread about a horrible song and what it does to me.
    haha, i understand.

p.s. THANKS ALOT! now i have images stuck in my head that do not need to be there. :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    When I hear it, I think of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in the first Airplane movie.

I definitely think all about Kareem. This song speaks to so much about him.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Hartydog wrote:
    I definitely think all about Kareem. This song speaks to so much about him.

Well yeah, obviously the fact that is dedicated to the man will do that. I just meant that the only thing I think of with the song was Kareem in Airplane. Specifically the following exchange:
    Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
    Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
    Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
    Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
    Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
    Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
    Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
    Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    gag.

But not only that.. I always imagine Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt from the Mighty Boosh dancing to it. :D

Well, at least you're honest. I love it. I just love the sound of Jeff's voice and the different style it brings to Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Well, at least you're honest. I love it. I just love the sound of Jeff's voice and the different style it brings to Pearl Jam.

'Jeff! Jeff! Come hither and let me hear your voice which would calm athousand seas and move athousand mountains! Oh Jeff, your voice is like wine upon my lips!'

:D

;)

• Options
    'Jeff! Jeff! Come hither and let me hear your voice which would calm athousand seas and move athousand mountains! Oh Jeff, your voice is like wine upon my lips!'

:D

;)

It is! :D;)

What do you have against that song? I need to listen to the lyrics properly, I think.
  • Options
    It is! :D;)

What do you have against that song? I need to listen to the lyrics properly, I think.

It's just WEIRD - far too quirky, but in a bad way. I haven't looked into the lyrics though..

• Options
    It's just WEIRD - far too quirky, but in a bad way. I haven't looked into the lyrics though..

I'm not much of a fan of Jeff's lyrics to be honest-they're sort of all over the place IMO. :o
  • Options
    I'm not much of a fan of Jeff's lyrics to be honest-they're sort of all over the place IMO. :o

Nod nod.

• Options
    When I hear this song I wonder . . .

How it is that Just a Girl, Brother with vocals and other cooler stuff didn't appear on Lost Dogs.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    I LOVE this song! You crazy!
    I agree
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    when i hear i envision chick hearn calling a magic johnson fastbreak during the 1980s.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."