Miss Pearl's Jam House

NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
edited January 2008 in The Porch
This has probably been brought up on here somewhere before, but I couldn't find anything with this horrible search function. I thought it was interesting when I came across it on the web today. It opened in 1989 and is no longer in existence. It would seem like the band name kinda evolved outa this place. Notice the street where it is located.

"Miss Pearl's Jam House
$$. Miss Pearl's introduces a bit of the Caribbean into an urban motel (popular with touring musicians.) The live reggae some nights carries you away. Squint your eyes a bit and the swimming pool does look like ... aw, no way! But the food could be coming out of a beach-side shack, albeit one with a really good chef: yucca-dough turnover filled with chicken, beef, pork, olives and raisins on a spicy tomato sauce; pan-fried catfish spiced with ginger and garlic on a ginger-and-rice pancake; and red snapper on a bed of baby green beans, garnished with avocado relish and drizzled with a spicy papaya vinaigrette. 601 Eddy St at Larkin in the Phoenix Hotel (415/775-5267SoMa Dinner Tue-Sun, late dining Fri-Sat, brunch Sun. Cocktails. (H.H.) "
Brian
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OH Avacados and Papaya...Yum!
    ~Changing the world...one person at a time~
    ~www.myspace.com/laurababy0105~