Good Idea?

stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
edited January 2008 in The Porch
If they have a sort of fan club show were the entrance fee would be to show your copy of their first fan club vinyl.You could bring one guest with you.So there is only 1,500 copies of that vinyl(If I am correct.)So that would make a 3,000 person show.But they would have to do something where they collect them at the door and put them in a safe place with your name and a number on it.At the end of the show you return with your ID and and pick up slip with your number on it to collect your vinyl back.Just a thought.
Ft. Lauderdale 96'
Tampa 00'
West Palm Beach 03'
House of Blues 03'
Tampa 03'
Kissimmee 04'
West Palm Beach 08'
Tampa 08'
Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• But what about the people who might auction their single? :eek:

Otherwise it's a pretty cool idea I guess, wish I had one of those....
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    Why not add more benefits for those with low ten club #'s?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    stoneg wrote:
    If they have a sort of fan club show were the entrance fee would be to show your copy of their first fan club vinyl.You could bring one guest with you.So there is only 1,500 copies of that vinyl(If I am correct.)So that would make a 3,000 person show.But they would have to do something where they collect them at the door and but them in a safe place with your name and a number on it.At the end of the show you return with your ID and and pick up slip with your number on it to collect your vinyl back.Just a thought.
    So... people could sell that Christmas single for $2000.00 on Craig's list?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Cosmo wrote:
    So... people could sell that Christmas single for $2000.00 on Craig's list?
    I guess.But I would rather go to a show.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,470
    carbon436 wrote:

great idea!
    stoneg wrote:
    If they have a sort of fan club show were the entrance fee would be to show your copy of their first fan club vinyl.You could bring one guest with you.So there is only 1,500 copies of that vinyl(If I am correct.)So that would make a 3,000 person show.But they would have to do something where they collect them at the door and but them in a safe place with your name and a number on it.At the end of the show you return with your ID and and pick up slip with your number on it to collect your vinyl back.Just a thought.
    Dude!
    You cant treat vinyl like an old coat and just check it!
    carbon436 wrote:
    a great idea.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Get_Right wrote:
    Dude!
    You cant treat vinyl like an old coat and just check it!
    Yeah but would you carry your first fan club vinyl into a concert? I would'nt.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • juannisjuannis Posts: 73
    stoneg wrote:

no offense man, but that has to be one of the stupidest ideas i have heard thrown out there.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Bad idea.
  • i think they should have a small venue show in chicago where they play nothing but b-sides......and the only person who doesnt get a ticket is SPEEDY MCCREADY!!!!!

oh wait......they just did that 6 months ago...

hehehehehehe.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    juannis wrote:
    no offense man, but that has to be one of the stupidest ideas i have heard thrown out there.
    so how about a fan club only show?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    what is a "low" 10C number? 150,000 and under?
    pjtaper wrote:
    what is a "low" 10C number? 150,000 and under?
    ok,I like that idea.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    stoneg wrote:
    so how about a fan club only show?
    How about this...
    A Fan Club Only set of shows.
    One on the West Coast (Seattle), one on the East Coast (New York), one in the MidWest (Chicago) and one in the South (Austin).
    Hold the gigs at tiny clubs... like 900 capacity dive bars. Scale down the shows... no fancy lighting... Mike only brings 10 guitars instead of the usual 100... pretend it's 1991 all over again.
    You only get to buy ONE PAIR through the Fan Club... Membership does not matter because they are all General Admission. If you are Fan Club Member 494,628 and you spend the night sleeping on the sidewalk and end up 2 feet in front of McCready... well, good for you.
    If you try to cheat and buy for more than one show... your greedy, selfish ass is left out in the cold. If you scalp your ticket... you lose your current membership number and have to get back in with the next available highest number.
    If you want to go to 2 shows... pair up with another Fan Club Member and split your tickets so you BOTH get to go to 2 shows. Leave your 'Take Pearl Jam or leave 'em' spouses at home. Another Fan will not be bitching at you about how cold it is sleeping on the sidewalk... they will be as excited to be there as you are.
    For fans in Europe and Austrailia... you figure out how your shows will pan out.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    stoneg wrote:
    If they have a sort of fan club show were the entrance fee would be to show your copy of their first fan club vinyl.You could bring one guest with you.So there is only 1,500 copies of that vinyl(If I am correct.)So that would make a 3,000 person show.But they would have to do something where they collect them at the door and put them in a safe place with your name and a number on it.At the end of the show you return with your ID and and pick up slip with your number on it to collect your vinyl back.Just a thought.

Not a good idea. I dont have the 1st one. I only have the last one. Have a drawing or something?
    I'll be back
    Not a good idea. I dont have the 1st one. I only have the last one. Have a drawing or something?
    Well that is sort of the idea.Too keep it a smaller, personal show. There is only 1,500 copies.And that person can bring 1 other person.Like I said it is just an idea.Will never happen.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    stoneg wrote:
    Well that is sort of the idea.Too keep it a smaller, personal show. There is only 1,500 copies.And that person can bring 1 other person.Like I said it is just an idea.Will never happen.

I doubt PJ would ever try to alienate thaaat many of their fans. No, I don't doubt it, I know for a fact they wouldn't.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Broken Record
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Interesting idea though I like the regional 10c member shows idea better. As for those 1500 copies...I would bet the rest of my fan club singles collection (all but the first one, ironically) that there are quite a few less than that original 1500 floating around. It would be a pretty small show. Say, like the Annex at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland small. But it would be rad.
    Cosmo wrote:
    How about this...
    A Fan Club Only set of shows.
    One on the West Coast (Seattle), one on the East Coast (New York), one in the MidWest (Chicago) and one in the South (Austin).
    Hold the gigs at tiny clubs... like 900 capacity dive bars. Scale down the shows... no fancy lighting... Mike only brings 10 guitars instead of the usual 100... pretend it's 1991 all over again.
    You only get to buy ONE PAIR through the Fan Club... Membership does not matter because they are all General Admission. If you are Fan Club Member 494,628 and you spend the night sleeping on the sidewalk and end up 2 feet in front of McCready... well, good for you.
    If you try to cheat and buy for more than one show... your greedy, selfish ass is left out in the cold. If you scalp your ticket... you lose your current membership number and have to get back in with the next available highest number.
    If you want to go to 2 shows... pair up with another Fan Club Member and split your tickets so you BOTH get to go to 2 shows. Leave your 'Take Pearl Jam or leave 'em' spouses at home. Another Fan will not be bitching at you about how cold it is sleeping on the sidewalk... they will be as excited to be there as you are.
    For fans in Europe and Austrailia... you figure out how your shows will pan out.

better idea
    except the GA part
    reserved seating and 10C senority please
    thanks
  • stoneg wrote:

it would be a pretty boring show, with a bunch of aging farts in the audience...

... and on stage.
    ;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • this is the worst idea ive ever heard... not only because i dont have the first single... and if i had gotten it at the time it wouldve been lost or sold by now... but because it would be an organization mess to store all those vinyls without destroying them and then get them all back to the right person... if 10C wanted to do that they could just look in their files and see who has been a member since the days of the first single and only admit those people... which they would never do... because of how stupid that would be...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,846
    Cosmo wrote:
    If you are Fan Club Member 494,628 and you spend the night sleeping on the sidewalk and end up 2 feet in front of McCready... well, good for you.

i tried something like this for the vic and got bitched at for slave labor, hehehehe

my number is a little better than that though

lolla was better anyway
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?