NT

Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
edited September 2018 in The Porch
NT
Post edited by Chris1401 on

Comments

• just keep an eye on ebay for ones that strike your fancy and do not go for too much... itll probably have to be less popular '03s and '06s if youre not gonna spend more than $100 each... you can get some still for like $40... and i would recommend getting em framed at hobby lobby as you mentioned because thats the best quality for the money... if you can cut your own mats you could potentially save money by just buying regular sized frames, since most of the PJ posters are NOT made to fit normal frames (which sucks cause it means needing custom frames for them to look best and thats big $$$)

maybe check expressobeans.com too for sales... and especially use that as a resource to know how much posters are worth before you buy them from ebay or something like that... try to get the shows that youve been to over just random shows... thats a personal preference but it really makes more sense... i am guilty of getting alot tho just for the brilliant designs :D

GOOD LUCK
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    My questions are:

1)Which posters are decent to look for (ebay or otherwise) without breaking the bank? (I'm not partial to a show or any one poster).

whichever you like, as the "most desirable" ones are all pretty darn expensive. There are many bargains to be had

2)Where is the best place to find one or two at a decent price?
    Either trade with someone(try expressobeans.com) or hope to get lucky on e-bay

3)Can I frame them myself and make them look good (without prior framing experience)?
    you could, but would screw it up a few times so be prepared to waste a few mat boards. You could just have the framing places cut you mat to the frame specs on the outside, and then pick the window size based on the print and have them cut that. But you still have to mount it. If you are willing to learn it ends up cheaper, but costs some money in the start because of screw ups, and there will be some.

4)Or should I go to Hobby Lobby or some place similar to get them done?
    prepare to spend 80-150 per frame job easily and depending on the mats selected

just get the ones you like screw what is valuable
  • Great advice there.....no need for me to say anything :D

Good luck! with the posters and with finding a new home to hang them in :)
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    just keep an eye on ebay for ones that strike your fancy and do not go for too much... itll probably have to be less popular '03s and '06s if youre not gonna spend more than $100 each... you can get some still for like $40... and i would recommend getting em framed at hobby lobby as you mentioned because thats the best quality for the money... if you can cut your own mats you could potentially save money by just buying regular sized frames, since most of the PJ posters are NOT made to fit normal frames (which sucks cause it means needing custom frames for them to look best and thats big $$$)

maybe check expressobeans.com too for sales... and especially use that as a resource to know how much posters are worth before you buy them from ebay or something like that... try to get the shows that youve been to over just random shows... thats a personal preference but it really makes more sense... i am guilty of getting alot tho just for the brilliant designs :D

GOOD LUCK

Thats pretty much all i was going to say, great advice but one thing to add..

if youre wary of a seller on Expresso Beans or Ebay just ask here or on the EB Forum and someone will most likely be able to vouch for the seller or warn about Bootleggers/Scammers/ETC.

Good Luck .
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Thats pretty much all i was going to say, great advice but one thing to add..

if youre wary of a seller on Expresso Beans or Ebay just ask here or on the EB Forum and someone will most likely be able to vouch for the seller or warn about Bootleggers/Scammers/ETC.

Good Luck .
    good tip! be sure to read the descriptions on ebay too cause there are SOOO many of those "mini posters" on there right now and ever since the ames book came out... in most cases you can tell just based on their seller ratings but yah, definitely ask around if youre not sure!

• camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    if you are starting out... i would buy the most expensive ones out there. we all have so many non popular ones that we can never resell or would want to hang up on our own walls. if i didn't spend so much on all the crap ones, i could have a bunch of awesome ones instead.

my 2 cents.

edit:
    actually what am i thinking... the best ones to start out with are the ones I have for sale:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=7968
    i like sound...
  • if you are starting out... i would buy the most expensive ones out there. we all have so many non popular ones that we can never resell or would want to hang up on our own walls. if i didn't spend so much on all the crap ones, i could have a bunch of awesome ones instead.

my 2 cents.

edit:
    actually what am i thinking... the best ones to start out with are the ones I have for sale:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=7968
    haha! shameless self promotion! i can see what youre saying... as mentioned before tho, i wouldnt place much importance on "market value"... all that matters is which designs appeal most... if you happen to be particularly taken by one (the '98s are the best quite frankly) and it costs upwards of $200 and you can justify that expense (compared to some paintings and stuff you might decorate your home with thats not too unreasonable) then i say go for it! and if you like edmonton '05... well then go for that too! :D (you can get that dirt cheap too which is the good thing!)

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    From a fellow newbie to newbie, get yourself over to the blackredyellow forum.....Its excellent for picking a few posters up for the right money, and like this board its full of great people, I posted over there and on hrre for the ones I was looking for and got hooked up with a dozen within 48 hours, alternatively and as a last resort get yourself to ebay....I only had to resort to that once for the Raleigh 98 - funny that no one was prepared to let that one go!!!

The thing i did was invest in the ames book, have a little look through and pick a handful nthat caught my eye and then made a few lists.....

Good luck