My Morning Jacket

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    damn man, i would have thought for sure they would have made a stop in vancouver since sasquatch is so close. sucks, the only show they've played here since evil urges was a crappy festival show in pemberton in the day time.

need some MMJ!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
    City Venue Country
    05/29/2010 My Morning Jacket in George, WA Sasquatch! Festival US

08/11/2010 My Morning Jacket in San Diego, CA SDSU Open Air Theatre US

* With Special Guest Avi Buffalo Charity: San Diego Coast Keeper On Sale Friday, May 21 at 10AM
    08/12/2010 My Morning Jacket in Los Angeles, CA Greek Theatre US

*With Special Guest Avi Buffalo Charity: School On Wheels On Sale Saturday May 22nd at 10AM
    08/15/2010 My Morning Jacket in Commerce City, CO Mile High Festival US

08/17/2010 My Morning Jacket in Chicago, IL Charter One Pavilion US

08/19/2010 My Morning Jacket in Mansfield, MA Comcast Center US

opening for Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    08/20/2010 My Morning Jacket in Burlington, VT Champlain Valley Lawn US

08/21/2010 My Morning Jacket in Mansfield, MA Comcast Center US

opening for Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    08/24/2010 My Morning Jacket in East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center US

08/25/2010 My Morning Jacket in Holyoke, MA Mountain Park US

08/27/2010 My Morning Jacket in Pittsburgh, PA Station Square Amphitheater US

08/28/2010 My Morning Jacket in Canandaigua, NY CMAC US

08/29/2010 My Morning Jacket in Philadelphia, PA River Stage At Great Plaza US

Im still thinking of making the trip to the Gorge On May 29th! But the day is sold out, but I hear you can easily find sasquatch tickets
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    SDSU Open Air theater was a great show last time they played here.

Unfortunately, I'll be in Boston at that point, then flying back right before they play there.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i'll be at the one on 8/29 in philly! :D

Wonder whose opening up for them.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Anyone know if the band is doing their own presale (Musictoday, etc)?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Gonna be awesome! Penn's Landing is a sweet place for a show! Can't wait!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

yeah they're getting a lot of shows this summer there:

MMJ, Black Keys, Silversun Pickups, 311/Offspring, Gaslight Anthem
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

yeah they're getting a lot of shows this summer there:

MMJ, Black Keys, Silversun Pickups, 311/Offspring, Gaslight Anthem

Yeah, the summer's shaping up nicely down there - I'm gonna be hitting up MMJ, Black Keys, Gaslight, She & Him down there. And so far The Roots Picnic, and Sublime w/ Rome & Matisyahu at The Pier. It's looking good!
  • MA209067MA209067 Posts: 77
    anyone know the presale code for LA?
  • Mountain Park Holyoke Mass My Morning Jacket August 25!!!!!!

I am sooooooo happy right now. First Pearl Jam. Now My Morning Jacket. I am on fn cloud nine right now!!!!!!!!!

I'm seriously considering making the drive for this show. I haven't really gotten the true MMJ live experience yet. Its only a 2 hour drive from where I live which is well worth it and I feel like I can't miss this opportunity!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    one of my favorite bands. jim james, may be single handedly responsible for the whole "reverb" style vocals that are so popular in indie right now, Band of Horses and cave singers all owe jim a huge debt. They created a genre of music where it sounds like the vocalist is 20 feet away from the mic.

As we move into the summer months i look forward to listening to these albums. It is the perfect summer music.

alot of people hated Evil Urges, but reguardless, i would have to say The Tennessee Fire, At Dawn, and It Still Moves, are among the best records released in the last twenty years, certainly top of the last decade. Everyone seems to enjoy Z alot but I havent given it much of a listen yet.

yeah, I really need to catch up on some MMJ. I saw them open for Pearl Jam in 2006--they were awesome. but I didn't really start getting into the opening bands until recently. I've only heard good things about them since.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    the phily show sounds sweet... count me in.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm seriously considering making the drive for this show. I haven't really gotten the true MMJ live experience yet. Its only a 2 hour drive from where I live which is well worth it and I feel like I can't miss this opportunity!
    Drop1The0Leash, you MUST NOT miss this show. The true MMJ live experience? Yup. We saw the 1st show ever here last summer. It was the Decemberists performing Hazards of Love. Google the venue. It's an old amusement park in the middle of the woods.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Okay. I just got my schedule for next week. Im off the 29th. MMJ are playing at the GORGE and I am officially loooking for ONE ticket. msg me. please
    Okay. I just got my schedule for next week. Im off the 29th. MMJ are playing at the GORGE and I am officially loooking for ONE ticket. msg me. please
    Did you end up getting one for this weekend, restlesssoul? I'd love to see these guys at the Gorge.

Anyone else grab tickets last Friday for MMJ's newly announced late summer dates?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Did you end up getting one for this weekend, restlesssoul? I'd love to see these guys at the Gorge.

Anyone else grab tickets last Friday for MMJ's newly announced late summer dates?

You bet your ass - for the Philly show though. Gonna be fucking sweet!
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    I didn't get philly tix. Cause my ride wasn't sure when they went on sale. Ugh. But if he can go I'll be there some how. :?
    ....and for all you Jim James/Monsters of Folk lovers, and also are a fan of The Roots - check this shit out. Sweet. It's gonna be on their new album. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

http://hypem.com/search/the%20roots/1/
    ....and for all you Jim James/Monsters of Folk lovers, and also are a fan of The Roots - check this shit out. Sweet. It's gonna be on their new album. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

http://hypem.com/search/the%20roots/1/
    Hahaha, you beat me to it Jearlpam! I was about to post the same thing.

I dig it after 3 listens.
  • okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    Seeing them open in Boston twice in '06 sold me- I'm going to their show in Philly in August!
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    they're playing in pittsburgh! sweet! it'll be the first time i've seen them since they toured for Z. i used to see them on every tour (since at dawn) at least once, but have lapsed in recent years. can't wait!
    Jim James and John Prine are on Letterman right now.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Jim James and John Prine are on Letterman right now.

the whole record is great.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    Anybody catch them at Sasquatch this weekend? Wish I coulda been there.
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 336
    I saw em at Sasquatch. Incredible. Thought they were damn good when I saw them touring for "Z." They've gotten even better. By far the highlight of the weekend...Also dug Brad/Satchel, She and Him, and LCD Soundsystem.
    gus stills wrote:
    I saw em at Sasquatch. Incredible. Thought they were damn good when I saw them touring for "Z." They've gotten even better. By far the highlight of the weekend...Also dug Brad/Satchel, She and Him, and LCD Soundsystem.

LCD's new album is OUTSTANDING.
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I looking for 2 tickets to the NY show.(good seats) :D:D Will pay face and throw in a sweet pearl jam goodie aka vinyl or poster :D:D
    This too shall pass.....
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    Don't know why I haven't joined this thread yet... just busy I guess... I could go on and on about this band. Jim's music (and let's face it, it's a very talented band, but it's essentially the Jim James Experience) has become part of my life, pretty much a daily part, and I can never tire of listening to them, or of going to their shows. I only started listening to them when they were touring with PJ in 2006, and if you include those 4 opening gigs, I've only seen Pearl Jam more times than I've seen MMJ. I was about 8 feet from the stage at their show in Columbia, MD on May 1... such a great time in the pit, and I've met great people just like I have via my love for Pearl Jam. I've got tickets to 4 more MMJ shows this year, and was almost thinking of selling one of them, but eff that!