Options

One of the worst bootlegs ever

GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
edited January 2008 in The Porch
While listening to the "remix" of "Oceans" that's been posted recently in the download/share-thread I had to think about a boot I borrowed from a friend last year - I made a copy of it only for collecting purposes -, which is the WORST I've ever heard. I mean, we know the sources for good audience boots also concerning information and artwork with photographs from the exact date etc. ... and we know all the "boot-boots" ... like "unplugged" version nr. 145 ...

I haven't got a scanner and couldn't find a picture in the internet...
...THIS ONE is called "unplugged" - the cover is a pretty colourful drawing of a fist holding torn cables...terrible..."Pearl Jam" and "Unplugged" consist of white letters, each one consisting three white lines...awful...

Tracklist: Alive - Jeremy - Porch - Why go - Masters of war - State of love and trust - Wash - Once - Even Flow - Dirty Frank - Black - Why go - Ozeans - Deep

"All selections played live and unplugged
USA and Nedderland 1992" it says.

So far.

The first three tracks are from MTV unplugged. I couldn't identify from which show they took "Why go". "Masters" is from the Dylan tribute. "SOLAT" - don't know. "Wash" is probably the one from Hollywood 1992 (appearing on the more known "Live in Hollywood" boot which actually contains the Zurich show and three bonus tracks from the Hollywood show - date?). "Once" - ? ... "Even Flow" - ? ... not that bad so far.

THEN, and that's the great thing about this CD:

"Dirty Frank", the studio version, the b-side or Bonus tracks from the European "Ten"-release

and

"Oceans" ("Ozeans" it says here), the remix with the "normal" drumtrack

have additional audience sounds in the background - BECAUSE this is a live bootleg...sure ;)

It's so disgusting...in the beginning and in the end of "Dirty Frank" and all along "Oceans" you hear a, let's say ten-second-loop of an audience cheering and applauding

The rest:
"Black" - Hollywood '92? - the one after the audience singalong of "Hunger Strike" with Eddie and guitar and him saying "I play that for Chris, he'll be really proud..."
"Why go" - ? "Deep" - ?

Do you know that one? I mean it's a worthless compilation of non-dated, raped material thrown together with a shitty artwork ...

... it's sunday, I'm bored ... forgive me wasting your time ;)

...but maybe you got other examples...I'd be interested...
#Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    The worst bootleg is of course the Düsseldorf 2007. Great setlist (probarly the best ever), but the worst quality... shocking!
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    Viggo wrote:
    The worst bootleg is of course the Düsseldorf 2007. Great setlist (probarly the best ever), but the worst quality... shocking!

correction...Manilla '95 is THE WORST sounding bootleg.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    Did Pearl Jam play the Philippines?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    You wanna know what a really bad boot sounds like I'll post one my 70s era vinyl boots where the sound is drums, bass and some mumbling noises and not much more. Its incredible what a golden era for access to the music we are in compared to the past.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Viggo wrote:
    Did Pearl Jam play the Philippines?

yes.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    correction...Manilla '95 is THE WORST sounding bootleg.

I disagree... I think the New Zealand 95 are even worse from the feb 26th Manilla show (unless you are talking about the 25th, which I don't think surfaced?)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    I disagree... I think the New Zealand 95 are even worse from the feb 26th Manilla show (unless you are talking about the 25th, which I don't think surfaced?)

Yeah they are pretty bad also but my copy of Manilla sounds a lot worse, maybe there is a slightly better recording that i don't have.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Viggo wrote:
    don't remind me!!