PJ LP's........still around?

fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
edited January 2008 in The Porch
when I joined the 10c they sent me the 10c brochure and on it it had lp's for sale, when I looked in the goods section there is no lp's for sale. Dose any body have the answer to this age old question. Where the fuck are the vinyls ED?
He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    There were no LP's advertised in the Goods flier sent out in 2007 when you renewed (or joined) the 10C membership.

The last vinyl record they sold was "Pearl Jam."

No, nobody here has any definite answers as to the lack of LP's nowadays.
  • fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    aNiMaL wrote:
    There were no LP's advertised in the Goods flier sent out in 2007 when you renewed (or joined) the 10C membership.

The last vinyl record they sold was "Pearl Jam."

No, nobody here has any definite answers as to the lack of LP's nowadays.

There were LP's for sale on that brochure. If you look at the right hand side where the order list is you will see the Lp's listed. They are

TEN
    VS
    RIOT ACT
    LOST DOGS

It clearly states Lp's. This is only from last year. My question stands, WHERE ARE THE VINYLS GONE.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • fyreguy73 wrote:
    WHERE ARE THE VINYLS GONE.

there's a bunch of them in my apartment. i can see them from where i type this. :p
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    There were LP's for sale on that brochure. If you look at the right hand side where the order list is you will see the Lp's listed. They are

TEN
    VS
    RIOT ACT
    LOST DOGS

It clearly states Lp's. This is only from last year. My question stands, WHERE ARE THE VINYLS GONE.
    I am not trying to argue - but I am looking right at mine, post marked 5/1/07, and there are no LP's listed for sale.

They are gone nonetheless - they went to homes of those who purchased them for the several years they sold them. Why they no longer stock them; your guess is as good as anyone else's here.
    Also, I agree that it sucks that they no longer sell them. However, as long as they continue to sell the new studio albums on LP, then I am happy as I already own all PJ studio albums on vinyl.
    I am all for peace brother as a converted buddhist, but I am looking at mine and it clearly shows LP's for sale on the right hand side on the order list numbers 18, 20, 27 and 29 are LP's. This brochure I got early 2007.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • fyreguy73 wrote:
    I am all for peace brother as a converted budist

i guess they don't teach converts how to actually spell buddhist.

fyreguy73 wrote:
    I am all for peace brother as a converted budist, but I am looking at mine and it clearly shows LP's for sale on the right hand side on the order list numbers 18, 20, 27 and 29 are LP's. This brochure I got early 2007.
    LOL - well we CLEARLY are looking at two different advertisements.

On mine; 18 is TB2K, 20 is LATG, 27 is the Green Disease t-shirt, and 29 is the Badwagon t-shirt.

I would bet that yours is post marked before mine, towards the end of when they were selling LP's.

Sorry, but it has been almost a year since they had any LP's for sale.
    i guess they don't teach converts how to actually spell buddhist.

A bit hard to type when my daughter is sitting on my lap......sorry if I offended anybody.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
    aNiMaL wrote:
    LOL - well we CLEARLY are looking at two different advertisements.

On mine; 18 is TB2K, 20 is LATG, 27 is the Green Disease t-shirt, and 29 is the Badwagon t-shirt.

I would bet that yours is post marked before mine, towards the end of when they were selling LP's.

Sorry, but it has been almost a year since they had any LP's for sale.

Must be an old one then. I was hoping I was right.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • fyreguy73 wrote:
    A bit hard to type when my daughter is sitting on my lap......sorry if I offended anybody.

no offense taken, i was just fucking with you, dude.

• fyreguy73 wrote:
    dont worry about it... i doubt buddha had much time for grammar while napping under a tree for 500 years anyway ;) (or am i thinking of rip van winkle?)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    no offense taken, i was just fucking with you, dude.

No problem my friend. Take care.

P.S. Dont let the buddhist conversion fool you, I still will kick head when I have too, peace brother.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
    sgossard3 wrote:
    dont worry about it... i doubt buddha had much time for grammar while napping under a tree for 500 years anyway ;) (or am i thinking of rip van winkle?)

No, I think buddha was a tired fella, look at his stomach.....

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • fyreguy73 wrote:
    No problem my friend. Take care.

P.S. Dont let the buddhist conversion fool you, I still will kick head when I have too, peace brother.
    you should probably sell whatever computer youre typing all this from along with all your other worldly posessions... if you wanna go all the way with this buddhist thing that is... instead of just justifying going overboard at Pier 1 with the "feng shui" theme

sgossard3 wrote:
    you should probably sell whatever computer youre typing all this from along with all your other worldly posessions... if you wanna go all the way with this buddhist thing that is... instead of just justifying going overboard at Pier 1 with the "feng shui" theme

You dont have to go all out with the orange robe to believe the basic fundamentals of what buddha was teaching.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • fyreguy73 wrote:
    You dont have to go all out with the orange robe to believe the basic fundamentals of what buddha was teaching.
    though orange really is your color :D (im just playing with ya brudda... i think the buddhist lifestyle has never been more appealing than it is in today's world)

sgossard3 wrote:
    though orange really is your color :D (im just playing with ya brudda... i think the buddhist lifestyle has never been more appealing than it is in today's world)

I look ok in orange...lol. I was a Catholic all my life. I have been a firefighter for 9 years and seen alot of shit. I started to question the faith when you see drunk drivers survive vehicle rollovers, but the family of 5 he hit all killed. I just dont get it.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • I emailed 10c about 2 weeks ago because i was thinking of getting the albums on vinyl. They said that they are out of print now so my best bet was to find used ones on the internet or in record shops.

So far i've bought Vitalogy from the States at a very reasonable price :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    I emailed 10c about 2 weeks ago because i was thinking of getting the albums on vinyl. They said that they are out of print now so my best bet was to find used ones on the internet or in record shops.

So far i've bought Vitalogy from the States at a very reasonable price :)

try eil.com sir, i got the latest album from there for a very reasonable £20 brand new - sealed.....class!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    try ebay too but take your time. don't rush on the first ones that are offered at ridiculous prices. I started buying myself into a PJ Vinyl Collection like 3 years ago and got the last one like a year ago. now the "Collection's" complete and I'm more than happy. I can see my Binaural LP right from here and it gives me goosebumps ... aaaaaaahhhh!!
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but the new pressing of Ten is pretty easy to come by. My dad bought me a copy for Christmas on ebay with no problem (other than slow shipping). It's also available here:

http://www.musicdirect.com/

Just a little expensive in my opinion - I wasn't impressed by the quality of the artwork, but I guess I've been spoiled by some of the other beautiful new records I've bought recently.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    i saw vinyl "Ten" at a local store last week. Thought about buying it and adding it to what I've got.

Vs.
    Yield
    Vitalogy
    Riot Act
    No Code
    www.cluthelee.com
  • All the LP's were bought up and now are available on eBay for 4x the original price. It seems vinyl is in vogue now. I believe this is because mp3's are of such poor sound quality.
    the Minions