Options

09/02/2000??

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited January 2008 in The Porch
is this show as badass as it looks?? i mean the set is one of the best off the 2000 shows. i'm downloading it now.(taking forever!!!!!!!!!!) i'm looking foward to listening to this tomorrow night! :D
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    let us know whenever you download another show
    saw things so much clearer
  • Options
    why????

• Options
    why????
    cause hes been a sarcastic asshole all night harrassing every thread
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    sgossard3 wrote:
    cause hes been a sarcastic asshole all night harrassing every thread

You beat me too it...;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    oh come on he made a thread about downloading a show. if you're going to make a thread make it a good one at least.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    It was pretty awesome.. in person!!

hehe! You'll love it.
  • Options
    oh come on he made a thread about downloading a show. if you're going to make a thread make it a good one at least.
    i havent seen a good thread in months... were collectively in a slump... if someone wants to make a thread about a kick ass show then so be it... he/she is probably looking for a first hand account that cant be found elsewhere... WE NEED A NEW TOUR
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    let us know whenever you download another show

im gonna steal one from another thread cuz i liked it so much:

let the baby have his bottle hahahahahha
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i think the reason the forum is in a slump is because pearl jam is in a slump...

just kidding.

or am i?
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

Yea, because this one was such a GREAT one...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=269857

Troll somehwere else tonight, really..
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331

Troll somehwere lese tonight, really..

Ha ha, well played, well played.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options

Troll somehwere lese tonight, really..

yikes, checkmate
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    so back the the original theme of the thread, what show is this (im too lazy to hit up two feet thick)

p.s. - two feet thick is down anyways.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    so back the the original theme of the thread, what show is this (im too lazy to hit up two feet thick)

p.s. - two feet thick is down anyways.
    It's Philadelphia. And yes, it is a great song list. I'm listening right now. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i miss the Binaural Tour...

Ed solo before SY: Dead Man, Parting Ways
    Of The Girl, Breakerfall, State of Love and Trust, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Faithfull, Nothing As It Seems, Corduroy, Untitled, MFC, Habit, I Got Shit, Off He Goes, God's Dice, Even Flow, Rival, Animal, Nothingman, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Soon Forget, Better Man, Last Exit, Given To Fly, Footsteps, Last Kiss, Porch
    enc 2: Baba O'Riley
    notes: After 'DTE,' Ed says, "Is this Philadelphia or is this New Jersey? All I know is it's Saturday night ... Make yourselves comfortable, we're going to be here a while." 'Habit' is described as "about a friend who was having some problems. And if you have a friend who's having some problems, don't look away. Give 'em some help." After 'I Got Shit,' Ed says its a song that they wrote with "young Neil." He then talks about a few of the band members saw Neil's play during the break between Boston and Philly and that Neil told him to say "Hello" to Philly. He says that the Pope also asked them to say "Hello" to Philly and that the Pope is "a warm human being ... we're friends but never writes ya back." He changes the 'Even Flow' lyrics to include, "Praying out to the Pope who never writes him back." When they return for the first encore, Ed says that the front section is placing orders for songs and, "Yeah, we'll play that. Would you like fries with that? How about an apple pie?" He gives some "rock 'n' roll trivia" before 'Soon Forget,' noting Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath wrote all of their songs on a ukulele. "We're carrying on the rock 'n' roll tradition here." He messes up 'Soon Forget' twice, both times shouting "Fuck me." After the second time, he says that it's "Two these two girls who keep flashing their tits ... it's really hard to concentrate." Before startingo 'Better Man,' Ed cruelly teases 'Release' by playing the opening notes. Ed brings out the harmonica for the beginning of 'Footsteps' and Mike's solo is cut short. Someone tosses a Who t-shirt on stage when the band walks out for the second encore, Ed puts it on and they go right into 'Baba O'Riley,' a perfect ending with the entire crowd singing - Ed stops and lets the crowd carry it. Ed is in a great mood, tossing lots of picks to the crowd tonight.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    That show happens to be on my birthday. Seems like alot of great shows happen the first week of September. Too bad I've never been to one of them.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,556
    Great show and boot, but it falls in the shadow of the first show (sept. 1st).

That is a huge one and probably my favourite of the 2000 bunch.

- Spin the black circle is played superfast! Clocks in at 2:20 or something!
    - Present tense is perfect!
    - Only breath on the tour and they nail it!
    - The tag on Yellow Ledbetter is sick!
    - Very good betterman
    - Best sometimes I have heard!
    - Even flow ended up on tb2k and is a great version!
    - Whipping absolutely shines.

The list goes on!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,556
    jaamfaan wrote:
    That show happens to be on my birthday. Seems like alot of great shows happen the first week of September. Too bad I've never been to one of them.

Barcelona 2006 was on sept 1st and stands as my second favourite pj show!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Niko80 wrote:
    Great show and boot, but it falls in the shadow of the first show (sept. 1st).

That is a huge one and probably my favourite of the 2000 bunch.

- Spin the black circle is played superfast! Clocks in at 2:20 or something!
    - Present tense is perfect!
    - Only breath on the tour and they nail it!
    - The tag on Yellow Ledbetter is sick!
    - Very good betterman
    - Best sometimes I have heard!
    - Even flow ended up on tb2k and is a great version!
    - Whipping absolutely shines.

The list goes on!

I'm in TB2K during Even Flow, jumping my ass off during Mike's solo...(red Yield shirt), you can see me if you slow-mo it and zoom...I know its quick but a big thing in my eyes...laugh if you want
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Ahh the memories... a great way to end my 8 show run back in '00.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    Ahh the memories... a great way to end my 8 show run back in '00.
    and yet you miss 8/30! the best one on that run.

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the 2000 tour was incredible. they had some monster shows then!

the european leg was out of control, i have several boots from these shows. check out some set lists and comments on fivehorizons.com and you can still find the original boots on amazon or ebay for under $20.
  • Options
    the two shows i saw on the binaural tour were exceptional, i just loved the feeling of them, seeing those songs live for the first time. and the simplicity of the stage and them just rocking the shit out of the building.
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    I always thought this was one of the weakest shows of the tour, even if the setlist is pretty killer.
  • Options
    wow! i just listened to it and it was awesome. great crowd energy.

"would you like some fries with that?" :p

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    and yet you miss 8/30! the best one on that run.

I didn't miss a thing... I followed the best band on the planet for a ton of great shows and had a blast.

I only wish I had more free time and less responsibility now to do it again!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore